Election Systems & Software

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Aldo J. Tesi

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) East Omaha, NE

ProsFun, great co-workers, ability to give opinion

Consall male management - hard for women to advance to C or E level

Mediocre at best

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsFlexible with time when not putting out fires.
    Good holiday schedule.
    Decent pay if early in career

ConsUnderstaffed in many areas, and they don't seem to want to fix that, rather they expect ridiculous hours to make up for over-promising to customers.

Terrible communication internally between departments. Development was continuously left rushing to include features that sales had told customers already existed, while fixing bugs from previous rush of coding.

Focused more on keeping people that are terrible at their jobs, but have been there for years instead of keeping truly talented staff new to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out the cancer that stifles the rest of the company. Yes you keep meeting profit goals, but instead of meeting profit goals every year, blow them out of the water by letting the truly talented individuals (if you still have any left) do what they do best.

Many hard-working, knowledgeable people thwarted by owner-placed execs and inexperienced high school classmates

Project Manager (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsCulture very training oriented and still a few well experienced management.

Conschaotic "I am too important to do this and I don't care" attitude, often at the customer's expense.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The election industry is cyclic so be prepared to be laid off on the off election years.

Production Support Manager (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsGood pay, good people to work with easy access location.

ConsOne can be expected to work very long hours if needed.

Good pay, but no advancement opportunities.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Rockford, IL

ProsVery good pay. Easy going work environment; that is it is not regimental. Good R&D funding for development tools. Excellent office spaces.

ConsProducts are arcane, and company deliberately stifels innovation to reduce re-certification costs; have been told NOT to fix bugs because the change will cause another certification cycle. No room for advancement. Company tends to hire from outside rather than promote from within. Does not respect seniority at all; layoffs by mid-managers tend to be used to get rid of peole thay don't like personally rather than less qualified and less time on the job. Too much nepotism. No profit sharing. Don't be come to proprietary; you might be out the door on a moments notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring mid-level managers from outside the company. Company needs to reduce nepotism and cronyism. Many new hires come from the same company. Establish a profit sharing program. No. He operates in a vacuum, and has been growing the company by buying smaller companies rather than developing from within. Typically have ended up with inferior additional products that usually have bugs or technical faults.

Worked for Election Systems & Software? Contribute to the Community!