Electric Cloud

Electric Cloud Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Electric Cloud CEO Steve Brodie

Steve Brodie

Good company, but making a lot of changes.

I worked at Electric Cloud full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood technology. Smart people with good attitudes. Only have two products but one is best in class and is evolving with customer requirements and needs.

ConsTurnover became tremendous and culture began changing. Most, if not all, senior management has changed within the last two years.

Only two products and one is reaching market saturation. It is a great product, but customers environment must be very specific to utilize the product. No one seemed sure what the TAM (total available market) was for the products, so no good handle on market share or potential.

Old-school solutions for old-school software development

Field Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Electric Cloud full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLegacy solutions are a must-have for customers with certain characteristics; unfortunately, that group is not expanding, and the firm has closed many of them already
They work hard to create good work environment - exec team accessible, perks, etc.
Not a hip space, but has staying power

ConsNew releases too infrequent
Released a deploy solution that failed and they are now rebooting - will be very late to market
What the solutions do and their value to customers is different for every customer, and thus hard to market

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose 1 new initiative and execute. Announce what items you *won't* be taking on. Don't publish an aspirational vision with 20 initiatives and then complete none of them.

Family-like work atmosphere, but uncertainty looms

Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat engineering team, lots of room to grow in career (leadership looks to pair professional interests with new roles and responsibilities), desire to improve and do better, hard-working and competent team members, incredible potential to grow current and prospective customer relationships, enjoy seeing the impact and benefit that products provide for customers and their business, friendly and comfortable environment, snacks and parties.

ConsHigh attrition rates, sudden changes in leadership, company scrambling to hire (understaffed teams struggling), challenges of upgrading/changing processes in engineering organization, lack of communication of expectations and vision, unaddressed bottlenecks in product development not handled in a way that shows that leadership has a familiarity or expertise in solving certain types of organizational problems, micro-management.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees know what they need/want to get work done but aren't being heard (breakdown in collaboration and communication). Take the time to listen to your teams and remove barriers or obstacles that impede their success, be proactive about seeking their feedback and suggestions.

Great people, needs focus

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Electric Cloud full-time for more than a year

ProsA strong sense of community and family, free snacks and beverages, solid 401(k), solid vacation policy, sick leave as needed without limited days.

ConsMassive attrition rates, changes in management leave an unstable feeling, some egos are searching to be martyrs or heroes.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet realistic goals, and back them with knowledge of what the team is capable of, not based upon what you think could happen. Fund the programs that are succeeding for your company, and encourage an open dialog.

Nice environment and great engineering team

Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Electric Cloud as an intern for less than a year

ProsI worked as intern. People are very nice to work with.
It is a growing company and you will get emails about every milestone of the company.

ConsLocation is a little boring.

Struggling without quality or experienced leadership

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time

ProsThe existing products are still unique and have value. Great customer base.

ConsThe current execs/managers are all new and extremely ineffective, sometimes inept. Morale continues to get worse. There is no vision for the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to all of your employees, not just the sycophants.

Company'sis direction or lack of brings uncertainty

I have been working at Electric Cloud for more than 3 years

ProsCurrent HR staff is very good and reflect the old culture which can still be seen in the old timer crowd

ConsMassive attrition within the last 9 months including exec level begs the question whether company can maintain momentum.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour rank & file is your asset and capital. Treat them with respect.

Potential to be the next VMware for mobile market

I worked at Electric Cloud

ProsPretty cool technology that impressive list of customers use and pay for today. Really strong engineering team.

ConsNot many people know about this company. Location is also a bit boring. Move to a downtown or next to train station.

Advice to Senior Managementget loud and tell the bigger story

Growing pains, but a great opportunity to be with a solid company during a pivotal year

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time for more than 3 years

ProsElectric Cloud has one of the best environments that I have ever worked in. Sure, we have our moments of growing pains and issues - but every company does and after 20yrs in the valley - I have seen much much worse and when a company has growing pains.. it means they are growing and changing and I see really exciting things in the future. Electric Cloud does a solid job of maintaining transparency for all employees and are taking steps to make sure that continues with a growing remote work-force. I believe that the executive team values its employees and culture and is trying to embrace the changes that come with new leadership and a new vision that will move the company forward.

ConsSome recent turn-over can affect the moral - but again... I am seeing positive indicators that the leadership team is taking this seriously and still ensuring a great team and family environment with solid technical work and problems to be solved.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving forward, ask the tough questions, adjust as needed.. Remembering to always value your top notch employee base. This is an exciting place to work and people like working for Electric Cloud.. and that fosters loyalty and excitement... Change can be good but is often difficult.

No longer a good place to work

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time

ProsThere are still some bright and talented individual contributors that work here. Pleasant people to work beside.

ConsLots of turnover. Lots of recent changes. I believe senior management chooses to ignore low morale and the real reasons for it. Extreme micromanagement and ruling by fear seem to be accepted management styles.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out why your employees don't fully believe in the company and senior management and then fix it.

Worked for Electric Cloud? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electric Cloud reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Electric Cloud CEO Steve Brodie. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Electric Cloud employees.