Electric Cloud Reviews

4.0
Electric Cloud CEO Steve Brodie
Steve Brodie

1. Featured Review

Excellent company. Great People. Employee friendly. Open culture.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Electric Cloud for about 3+months now. My experience so far has been nothing less than a dream 1. Awesome people. This is the first thing you will notice at Electric Cloud. I have really enjoyed working with friendly employees. Always ready to help you out. 2. Employee Friendly. The policies and benefits offered here on par with any major bay area companies. Free cal train passes to grab for those who prefer to commute by it. 3. Growth The company has been hiring lot of bright people of late and this is a good thing. They really have been funded well and are taking all the right decisions to get the company to the next level. 4. Last but not the least... Plenty of healthy stuff to grab in the kitchen!!! 5. Just in case I forgot.. They happen to organize hackathons too!! Overall if you are looking for a great place to work with passionate coworkers and also a place that offers you worklife balance, Electric Cloud is the place to be.

Cons

Well not much so far. Keep up the good work!!

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on streamlining the products like we do today. Listening to the market and deliver what matters the most.

2. Great Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time

Pros

Entrepreneurial culture. There is a sincere desire to be successful and to enable everyone on the team to be successful. Definitely a roll up your sleeves environment; pitch in first to solve the issue and then talk about how it could be handled better in the future.

Cons

small company so you need to drive growth to get more resources.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Great tech, lousy business acumen

I worked at Electric Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great technology and collaborative environment. There is a good sense of community at EC. Everyone is really eager to jump in and help.

Cons

Stability of exec team seems a bit tenuous. Long-term investors for a company that is not entirely self sustaining after 12 years doesn't bode well for the company's viability. As of late the company seems caught between 2 identities.

no future beyond a constant struggle to survive

I worked at Electric Cloud full-time

Pros

Lots of nice people trying hard to make the company successful. They reward hard work.

Cons

This company is always in Startup mode, without any possible success in the future. The company's plan is only about trying to make (never actually succeeding) this quarter, this years numbers. The managers are yes men to the the exec staff. Those on the exec staff are only concerned about their own resume building and bonuses. If you are offered stock options, do the math. The company has been struggling for so long the share are incredibly diluted.

Advice to Management

Be honest with the employees. Don't lie by omission. Come up with a plan that will last more than a few quarters.

6. Great company

I have been working at Electric Cloud

Pros

Great work environment, awesome team members, exceptional product.

Cons

Commute to San Jose is long

Advice to Management

Keep communications channel open.

7. Great company...hidden gem!

Current Employee - Human Resources in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool work space, competitive compensation, great CEO (personable, genuine). Great mix of work hard, have fun corporate culture.

Cons

More free meals never hurts.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! :)

8. Very happy so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been with EC less than a year so far. I'm an engineer, and I think EC is great to work for. Project management is very engineering-driven, my team members are good, and it is nice knowing that the customers are other developers. The company feels like it is headed in a healthy direction. I see other departments doing good work.

Cons

Too early to be sure, but I think I'm going to want to see more opportunities to grow inside the company, and I don't know if they will be there.

9. Solid Company

I have been working at Electric Cloud

Pros

Very good benefits (PTO, healthcare) Healthy snack options in San Jose office Smart co-workers Company leadership seems to really know what they're doing Low politics / relatively open about company goings-on Quite satisfied with compensation and bonus opportunities

Cons

Engineering feels disconnected from sales/marketing... which is good in some ways, but sometimes it feels like engineering is working in a vacuum.

10. Two thumbs up

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time

Pros

People are generally very smart, hard working and friendly. Executive management has changed over the last several years and is now world class. Sales comp plan is excellent, as is sales management. Fantastic customer list. Strong product line and company direction.

Cons

Remote employees don't get some of the benefits that HQ employees do (e.g., holiday party).

Advice to Management

Continue scaling up the support organization (great recent third line support engineer addition!) and treat professional services engagements more like development projects (better planning, agile implementation, etc.).

11. A good company moving the right direction

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good products with large customers and a very solid customer base Nice people, a very good, team-oriented culture, nice building in downtown location New products recently released, much innovation going in in R&D with a good R&D team which is growing, nice buzz to the place Experienced management team, many very solid executives who know seem to know what they are doing Management seems to care about employees

Cons

Several products are new and need to prove themselves in the market (although ideally these products will perform well)

Advice to Management

Keep moving the company forward as you have been.

RSS Feed </> Embed