Electric Cloud

Updated November 25, 2014
3.6

Electric Cloud CEO Steve Brodie
Steve Brodie

A company that cares not only about their product, but about their employees

Current Employee - Office Administrator in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits, Time-off policies, perks, team building, working your way up the corporate ladder

Cons

none as far as I can tell.

Keep up the good work!

Hiring like crazy and employee friendly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of hiring since I came on board about a year ago...that is a good sign. Hard to keep up with the new faces/names. The new HR team seems really engaged and into making sure the employees are happy. Pay is bench marked high as far as my salary. I assume it goes across the board...??? Generous benefits and fun company activities in place. Management seems to care about my career success which is refreshing!

Cons

Only thing I can say is a con is that there are a lot of homeless people in downtown San Jose...some of which are vocal...but I have come to terms with the fact that its a downtown city area and its to be expected.

Keep up with making EC bigger and listening to the employees.

So far so good

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Culture is good...fun and hard working. I heard there is a new HR team and they seem to be doing a lot around activities and culture building. During orientation values were shared. In my experience most companies don't follow their own values they put in place but so far there seems to be a fair share of management engagement. My manager encourages my career growth which is refreshing! Great benefits!

Cons

Homeless people in downtown SJ sleeping near by and sometimes yelling. I get it...its a downtown area and its not all the time but for me it took some getting used to.

Keep up with the work life balance and flexible work schedules. We employees with families and lives outside of work appreciate it and will work harder if given the space.

Great Company! Couldn't be Happier!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

very friendly people, easy to reach out to people and get help if you need it. smart people work there so it is a great place to learn new technologies. Great teams with lot of passion. A lot of flexibility for creativity and innovation. Talented people to work with. Great support from management for new ideas.

Cons

work life balance is hard to balance at times but that's what you get working in the tech industry.

Quickly declining

I worked at Electric Cloud

Pros

Smart engineers, stocked kitchen and in general friendly people.

Cons

There were 6 or so really positive reviews within a week's span back in May in an attempt to get the overall rating of this company up. That should tell you enough about the way management tries to manipulate.

Good People, Good Tech, Bad Leadership, Poor Vision

I worked at Electric Cloud full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company has some great technology, and the office culture is friendly and inviting.

Cons

For a company that makes software to help other people build software faster, you'd think the management would put 'building our software better' as a higher priority than it is. The CTO doesn't do his job; sales and marketing dominate leadership, and nobody on the executive level actually uses their software. Cargo cult thinking dominates. There management:engineering ratio is something like 1:3.

If you can tell the story of how electric cloud uses its own software to fix internal problems and deliver great results, you'll have all the customers you can handle. Don't aim to be the leader; only people who are not leaders do that. Aim to be really good, and leadership will follow. Also, stop taking people from Serena - there's a reason that place went down. The problems you have are all over the place at many companies, and the reasons you give for not fixing them are the same reasons being given at other companies.

Great culture and people!

I have been working at Electric Cloud (more than an year)

Pros

We have a great culture and really smart colleagues who are helpful, passionate about the products and like to have fun. There are opportunities and support for growth in your role. The company is growing in an exciting and changing space to work in.

Cons

There have been many recent changes in the organization and management that have affected plans and continuity.

Making a difference in the world through faster delivery of software

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people make the company, and it's a real pleasure working with very talented co-workers who also like to have fun. The technology and space we play in is constantly evolving, so there's never a dull moment when it comes to being challenged by customers to do even more, which leads to creative solutions that the company encourages. If you make a mistake, own up to it, learn from it, and move on. That's one of our tenants that I really appreciate.

Cons

There's a lot to learn very quickly, and the information you need isn't always as easy to find as it could be.

Every company that makes software needs to know our name. We are thought leaders. Let's get the world to recognize it.

Can it be sunny behind the cloud

Current Employee - Field Sales in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Field Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very brillant and helpful technical sale team. Despite being spread across the world, it feels like belonging to a very tight team. People will go out their way to help.

Cons

A lot of changes in the last 18 months in management, sales, product and engineering.
    The new product has taken too much focus away from the current product
    Need better on-boarding

Need more focus on the future of products.

If I did not believe, I would not be here.

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great leadership. The management staff knows the difference between being a manager and being a leader. Clear direction. Lots of potential and a plan that is looking to exploit that potential. Investors believe in the company and its products, otherwise they would not continue putting money into it. I used to work for the largest investor, so I know very well the meaning of that. I have been encouraged to speak up and contribute to the vision for the products and the company, and my opinions are taken seriously even though the debates are sometimes passionate and we don't always agree. The CEO is very positive about the company and the team and doesn't try to micromanage. The middle management staff is very competent -- once told the desired goal, they are quite capable of delivering. Management recognizes that employees have lives outside the company and are very flexible with schedules as long as the employee does the work. The products are exciting and are the kind that helps to make a very visible difference in a company's ROI, and hence to all their employees and shareholders. That doesn't happen very often, iMO. In essence, I very much believe in the value of what we are selling, and that makes it easy to be enthusiastic about offering it to customers. There is rich diversity in the company; employees come from all over the world.

Cons

The induction process for new employees needs to be more organized and process-focused. New employees sometimes have to discover things on their own, and that can lead to unnecessary confusion (first impressions last the longest). The training programs for new employees need better structure, and a commitment to get people the skills they need as quickly as possible so they can start delivering value just as quickly. The pay mechanisms and rules for those employees for whom a significant portion of their pay comes from commissions should be clearly explained before they are hired.

Stay the course. You are doing a great job.

Electric Cloud Photos