Electric Cloud

Very happy so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Been with EC less than a year so far.

I'm an engineer, and I think EC is great to work for. Project management is very engineering-driven, my team members are good, and it is nice knowing that the customers are other developers.

The company feels like it is headed in a healthy direction. I see other departments doing good work.

Cons

Too early to be sure, but I think I'm going to want to see more opportunities to grow inside the company, and I don't know if they will be there.

Solid Company

I have been working at Electric Cloud

Pros

Very good benefits (PTO, healthcare)
    Healthy snack options in San Jose office
    Smart co-workers
    Company leadership seems to really know what they're doing
    Low politics / relatively open about company goings-on
    Quite satisfied with compensation and bonus opportunities

Cons

Engineering feels disconnected from sales/marketing... which is good in some ways, but sometimes it feels like engineering is working in a vacuum.

Two thumbs up

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time

Pros

People are generally very smart, hard working and friendly. Executive management has changed over the last several years and is now world class. Sales comp plan is excellent, as is sales management. Fantastic customer list. Strong product line and company direction.

Cons

Remote employees don't get some of the benefits that HQ employees do (e.g., holiday party).

Continue scaling up the support organization (great recent third line support engineer addition!) and treat professional services engagements more like development projects (better planning, agile implementation, etc.).

A good company moving the right direction

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good products with large customers and a very solid customer base
    Nice people, a very good, team-oriented culture, nice building in downtown location
    New products recently released, much innovation going in in R&D with a good R&D team which is growing, nice buzz to the place
    Experienced management team, many very solid executives who know seem to know what they are doing
    Management seems to care about employees

Cons

Several products are new and need to prove themselves in the market (although ideally these products will perform well)

Keep moving the company forward as you have been.

A company that cares not only about their product, but about their employees

Current Employee - Office Administrator in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Time-off policies, perks, team building, working your way up the corporate ladder

Cons

none as far as I can tell.

Keep up the good work!

Hiring like crazy and employee friendly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A lot of hiring since I came on board about a year ago...that is a good sign. Hard to keep up with the new faces/names. The new HR team seems really engaged and into making sure the employees are happy. Pay is bench marked high as far as my salary. I assume it goes across the board...??? Generous benefits and fun company activities in place. Management seems to care about my career success which is refreshing!

Cons

Only thing I can say is a con is that there are a lot of homeless people in downtown San Jose...some of which are vocal...but I have come to terms with the fact that its a downtown city area and its to be expected.

Keep up with making EC bigger and listening to the employees.

So far so good

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Culture is good...fun and hard working. I heard there is a new HR team and they seem to be doing a lot around activities and culture building. During orientation values were shared. In my experience most companies don't follow their own values they put in place but so far there seems to be a fair share of management engagement. My manager encourages my career growth which is refreshing! Great benefits!

Cons

Homeless people in downtown SJ sleeping near by and sometimes yelling. I get it...its a downtown area and its not all the time but for me it took some getting used to.

Keep up with the work life balance and flexible work schedules. We employees with families and lives outside of work appreciate it and will work harder if given the space.

Great Company! Couldn't be Happier!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Electric Cloud full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

very friendly people, easy to reach out to people and get help if you need it. smart people work there so it is a great place to learn new technologies. Great teams with lot of passion. A lot of flexibility for creativity and innovation. Talented people to work with. Great support from management for new ideas.

Cons

work life balance is hard to balance at times but that's what you get working in the tech industry.

A mediocre company with little upside potential.

I worked at Electric Cloud

Pros

The downtown San Jose location is very convenient to transportation and places to eat. Most of the employees are very nice to work with. The health care benefits are quite nice. They are very flexible with work hours and allow working from home.

Cons

A large part of the engineering group is overseas. This makes within team communication difficult and slows progress on all fronts.
    The company has no Engineering VP, and is fine with that. This extremely hinders product communications up the line and creates the feeling of being replaceable cogs in the machine to do only what marketing says in the way they say to do it.
    The company has a problem with Organic growth. The current plan seems to be grow by spending investors money and buying small teams that will work isolated from existing groups. This limits the ability of existing engineers to grow their skills and experience and learn new technology.

Add some 401(k) plan matching. Hire a VP of engineering. Do something to make engineering feel like one or two teams instead of a dozen teams working on a dozen projects supporting scores of releases.

Quickly declining

I worked at Electric Cloud

Pros

Smart engineers, stocked kitchen and in general friendly people.

Cons

There were 6 or so really positive reviews within a week's span back in May in an attempt to get the overall rating of this company up. That should tell you enough about the way management tries to manipulate.

Electric Cloud Photos