Electro Rent

Add Photos

Electro Rent Chairman and CEO Daniel Greenberg

Daniel Greenberg

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Van Nuys, CA

ProsThe people are extremely friendly and supportive. I was on a temporary assignment here. I was accepted as one of the "gang" immediately and provided with excellent training. I was afforded the opportunity in this assignment to learn new skills that will help me in my future employment opportunities

ConsThere were no cons to working at Electro Rent.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managers and teams that I dealt with on a daily basis were professional and very friendly and helpful.

electronic techinician

Electronic Technician II (Former Employee)
    Van Nuys, CA

ProsThe co workers are really great. Nice atmosphere and great work ethics.

Consmicro management is really bad. They have cameras over watching you, and it is a pain because high yield demand and no return gain.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro managing

There are as many pluses as minuses at this company.

ProsThe benefits are pretty good. The techs are fun to work with. There are opportunities to learn new things on occasion.

ConsProcesses and procedures are often inefficient. The wages leave something to be desired. There's not a lot of room for advancement if you work in the labs.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet feedback from your leads and techs, listen to it, and honestly consider it. Provide incentive for techs to produce with regards to quality and quantity.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Office

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people and working environment. Decent pay. Loved working for them.

ConsLimited location. They only have offices in Los Angeles and Atlanta.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen a sales office in Tampa!

Stable Company, Enjoyable Work

Technician (Former Employee)
    Van Nuys, CA

ProsThe company is frugal. Yes, this means a low raise, but also it means they stay in business. They know how to make money. They can be demanding, but fair. The facility is well maintained with an exercise room, break room with kitchen and cable tv. I liked my boss and even his boss. I very much enjoyed the work, it was always interesting.

ConsIt can be frightening, a small mistake can cost you your job with little warning. But be careful, don't make mistakes. I was disappointed with my raise. After really doing great things I was expecting a good raise and got something like a penny tip. People get hired away by customers all the time for higher pay. Traffic is really bad in So Ca. Expensive to live there.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you can to keep your people happy. Tell em they are doing a good job. They are.

If you're desperate

Warehouse (Former Employee)
    Van Nuys, CA

ProsGood experience with multiple hardware platforms. Somewhat flexible working environment.

ConsWhen the economy is on the downside, I feel employees are treated like trash that never made it to the wastebasket. In my opinion departments dont work together. My belief was to avoid management when possible. I felt like everyday was a battle to survive.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your good employees when possible. If your lower level staff provide constructive criticism, listen to them as they are the ones in the trenches. Attempt to be positively proacitve instead of negatively reactive. If you want your staff to stand behind you and work hard then give them some positive support. I left the organization because of overall negative culture.

Working for ER

Accountant/Senior Accountant (Former Employee)
    Van Nuys, CA

ProsGrowing company, expanding in business, Revenue grow from year to year ...

ConsNo raise, no job security, picky on vacations, no promotion, No recognition, no sharing information between department, no promotion with in the company ... They always like to hire new people in for Managment positions...

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are growing fast ... Take care of your employees before they are gone ... give raises be decent.

ERLC

Assistant Controller (Current Employee)
    Van Nuys, CA

ProsPublicly traded, SEC filling , small in size, less then 400 employee, company is growing.

ConsVery micro manag., low budget on spending, old PC's office equipment, No open door policy, they can get rid of you any time they feel like it... Everything have to be done through President (STeven Markhime) he centralize the decision making.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being always on a budget ... give employees decent salaries, try to present the open door policy.

Worked for Electro Rent? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electro Rent reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Electro Rent CEO Daniel Greenberg. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Electro Rent employees.