Electrolux Major Appliances
www.electroluxappliances.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Electrolux Major Appliances Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Electrolux Major Appliances – Charlotte – “Cube style office”

Electrolux Major Appliances President & CEO Keith R. McLoughlin

Keith R. McLoughlin

Pros:
  • "Competitive salary, good work-life balance, and ability to get to job done without be micro-managed"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Office environment is fast paced but collaborative"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "The work environment consists of a completely open floorplan"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Lack of any ability to move up in the company or even the ability to gain more responsibility"
    in 2 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to work

Intern (Current Employee)
    Anderson, SC

ProsGood pay for interns, apply knowledge to everyday problems and work on your own group projects.

ConsSometimes can run out of work for and have to wait around for a new project.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a list of on going co-op projects that are only for them. It will let them pick up where they left off when they have free time.

Very professional work environment.

Supply Chain (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsI have a great amount of leeway to do my job as I see fit. Rewarded and acknowledged for performance. Pay is average to slightly above average. Benefits are decent.

ConsWish that there were more opportunities for career growth. The hiring process is painfully slow. HR and lack of common computer systems are the company's weaknesses.

Busy and growing

ProsWork keeps you busy and the time goes quickly

ConsHours can be long and there is little support from management in other departments

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees with respect

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

my experience at electrolux was productive, i waas always hands on with the parts..

Technician (Former Employee)
    Springfield, TN

Prosgreat team work, great safety outlook and all around positive environment

Consthere is not much cons in electrolux really besides the heat its really a great job

Advice to Senior Managementteam work is a big thing in running a company

Not a People Company

Engineering Maintenance Department (Former Employee)
    Jefferson, IA

ProsReasonable wages and benefits for the area.

ConsNot the best work/life ratio. Expects loyalty while giving none in return. Only shares information with employees if forced to. Claims to be quality driven -( true until a lower quality part or method is available for a penny less). Outsources at the drop of a hat. Obsession with lower cost blinds company to true value of experienced, quality employees and suppliers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes relationships carry a value of their own. A dedicated, experienced workforce can deliver the goods in circumstances when a low-wage, undertrained workforce just doesn't give a damn.

Great short-term, Not a place to grow a career

ProsBeautiful, modern campus located in Charlotte. There are many talented, intelligent, and creative employees who are wonderful to work with. There is a push for innovation and thinking outside the box. Great work-life balance and brand reputation.

ConsNo control over growing your career. Period. NA-CEO has implemented rule where you must stay in current role two years before moving and approves every move himself. You will be held back if your career change is not convenient for management. HR moves VERY slowly. Most workers are contract employees who wait over a year to be hired. The HR policies and CEO control over career growth are forcing ideal employees out the door. This is the most common reason for people leaving that I hear. There are plenty of career opportunities, but you are not allowed to take them. Too much time spent making TV appearances and attending sporting events - not enough time spent developing talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend time taking care of your employees. Upper management - please voice your true opinion. So many members of upper management are puppets to the CEO and do not speak their mind.

Company has serious potential, silos and communication are major barriers!!!

Charlotte, NC

ProsCompetitive salary, good work-life balance, and ability to get to job done without be micro-managed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, then you will do just fine.

ConsNo robust career development programs (mentoring, career roadmaps/ladders) defined. Lack of technology creates inefficient processes and sometimes duplicate efforts in several departments to band-aid problems instead of fixing the root cause.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time focused on developing the great talent that is brought in.

A job not a career with this company

ProsFamily, work-life balance is good. Location is great.

ConsNo advancement. Prefer to hire from outside than promote within. Changing roles or departments for career growth is not supported. Many "director" titled people walking around with MBA's waling around looking at their phones and being disengaged with business. Low compensation compared to local and country-wide comparisons for various positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport employees who will like to grow their careers within the company.

Some great people who work hard long hours with a CEO that always is the smartest person in the room

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsIt is great to be at a company that makes products we see and touch every day. There are lots of people that care about the company and each other. The Group Leadership in Stockholm is committed to the business and has a vision for the future. Lots of global opportunities.

ConsThe place really changed with the new North American CEO 2.5 years ago. He is only letting his views and ideas be heard and trying to manage the global and local perceptions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGroup management needs to decide if North America is really living the values. Lots of good people with good hearts have left.

Overall, it's a good company and has the potential to become a great company

Management (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsOur new CEO has made major improvements across the organization, and has everyone focused on a solid long term plan. We've enjoyed the benefits of his business acumen for the past two plus years, Consistent message from the CEO on the company strategy and direction. CEO monthly all hands meeting are a great idea, well done, and an excellent opportunity to share business direction and financial health to employee. It's fast pace, has lots of challenges, plenty of room to grow and opportunity to learn new skills. It's a global company so opportunity to work outside of NA is available. Good wages, modern equipment, excellent internal technical support and a beautiful campus.,

ConsPoor benefits, very poor hiring practice, and it can be difficult to get things done because of conflicting priorities. While improving, there are still a lot of silos and finger pointing within the company and some departments. We can loose sight of what important sometimes, and focus on our image rather than our performance. Micro management at top hinders our ability to move quickly in many areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is too much micro management at the top. You need to give good direction and clear expectations and then let your leaders lead. If the CEO and/or his direct reports have to make all decisions, it leaves a feeling of mistrust and fear within the management team. Be open, and listen, just because someone has a different thought, does not make them a wrong employee.

Worked for Electrolux Major Appliances? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electrolux Major Appliances reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Electrolux Major Appliances CEO Keith R. McLoughlin. All 61 reviews posted anonymously by Electrolux Major Appliances employees.