Electrolux Major Appliances

www.electroluxappliances.com

Electrolux Major Appliances Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Electrolux Major Appliances – Charlotte – “Cube style office”

Electrolux Major Appliances President & CEO Keith R. McLoughlin

Keith R. McLoughlin

Pros
  • Competitive salary, good work-life balance, and ability to get to job done without be micro-managed(in 3 reviews)

• Office environment is fast paced but collaborative(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The HR policies and CEO control over career growth are forcing ideal employees out the door(in 3 reviews)

• the yearly review is set so no one gets a high level rating(in 3 reviews)

Great place to work

Intern (Current Employee) Anderson, SC

ProsGood pay for interns, apply knowledge to everyday problems and work on your own group projects.

ConsSometimes can run out of work for and have to wait around for a new project.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a list of on going co-op projects that are only for them. It will let them pick up where they left off when they have free time.

Do Not Work Here, or Waste your own skills or talents on this company!

Finance (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosclose to where I live, close to go home dont have to fight alot of traffic.

ConsManagment is unprofessional and half should not be in that job title, some people were hired for managment position only because everyone else has quit and they have no other choice! Also lack of technology for process's They are still using pen and paper excel spreadsheets and emails as a workflow process(very outdated). How can one person look at 3- 10k or more of emails per day?? Work in 750 different systems, and still manage their work effectively. Very good people have already left. I am very happy they got out. Hopefully I will be the next one to leave! My job has changed 3 times in the last 3 years because over 7 people left my team in 3 years, which has a total of 7 members! I still have the same job title and no extra pay. the yearly review is set so no one gets a high level rating . Especially when the pen and paper process's do not allow the time to meet or exceed expectations. Anyone who works here should expect to work very long hours to meet your professional expectations by year end.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEE'S! Get Better skills for yourself as a leader. Stop dismissing what everyone has to say about effective work-flows and collaboration. Stop paying for more software and systems for someone to use on top of the 750 we already have to use, to get a job done . Yet we are still getting 3-10k of emails a day, to also manage.

Very professional work environment.

Supply Chain (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI have a great amount of leeway to do my job as I see fit. Rewarded and acknowledged for performance. Pay is average to slightly above average. Benefits are decent.

ConsWish that there were more opportunities for career growth. The hiring process is painfully slow. HR and lack of common computer systems are the company's weaknesses.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Busy and growing

ProsWork keeps you busy and the time goes quickly

ConsHours can be long and there is little support from management in other departments

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees with respect

Not a People Company

Engineering Maintenance Department (Former Employee) Jefferson, IA

ProsReasonable wages and benefits for the area.

ConsNot the best work/life ratio. Expects loyalty while giving none in return. Only shares information with employees if forced to. Claims to be quality driven -( true until a lower quality part or method is available for a penny less). Outsources at the drop of a hat. Obsession with lower cost blinds company to true value of experienced, quality employees and suppliers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes relationships carry a value of their own. A dedicated, experienced workforce can deliver the goods in circumstances when a low-wage, undertrained workforce just doesn't give a damn.

my experience at electrolux was productive, i waas always hands on with the parts..

Technician (Former Employee) Springfield, TN

Prosgreat team work, great safety outlook and all around positive environment

Consthere is not much cons in electrolux really besides the heat its really a great job

Advice to Senior Managementteam work is a big thing in running a company

Great short-term, Not a place to grow a career

ProsBeautiful, modern campus located in Charlotte. There are many talented, intelligent, and creative employees who are wonderful to work with. There is a push for innovation and thinking outside the box. Great work-life balance and brand reputation.

ConsNo control over growing your career. Period. NA-CEO has implemented rule where you must stay in current role two years before moving and approves every move himself. You will be held back if your career change is not convenient for management. HR moves VERY slowly. Most workers are contract employees who wait over a year to be hired. The HR policies and CEO control over career growth are forcing ideal employees out the door. This is the most common reason for people leaving that I hear. There are plenty of career opportunities, but you are not allowed to take them. Too much time spent making TV appearances and attending sporting events - not enough time spent developing talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend time taking care of your employees. Upper management - please voice your true opinion. So many members of upper management are puppets to the CEO and do not speak their mind.

Company has serious potential, silos and communication are major barriers!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsCompetitive salary, good work-life balance, and ability to get to job done without be micro-managed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, then you will do just fine.

ConsNo robust career development programs (mentoring, career roadmaps/ladders) defined. Lack of technology creates inefficient processes and sometimes duplicate efforts in several departments to band-aid problems instead of fixing the root cause.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time focused on developing the great talent that is brought in.

A job not a career with this company

ProsFamily, work-life balance is good. Location is great.

ConsNo advancement. Prefer to hire from outside than promote within. Changing roles or departments for career growth is not supported. Many "director" titled people walking around with MBA's waling around looking at their phones and being disengaged with business. Low compensation compared to local and country-wide comparisons for various positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport employees who will like to grow their careers within the company.

Overall, it's a good company and has the potential to become a great company

Management (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsOur new CEO has made major improvements across the organization, and has everyone focused on a solid long term plan. We've enjoyed the benefits of his business acumen for the past two plus years, Consistent message from the CEO on the company strategy and direction. CEO monthly all hands meeting are a great idea, well done, and an excellent opportunity to share business direction and financial health to employee. It's fast pace, has lots of challenges, plenty of room to grow and opportunity to learn new skills. It's a global company so opportunity to work outside of NA is available. Good wages, modern equipment, excellent internal technical support and a beautiful campus.,

ConsPoor benefits, very poor hiring practice, and it can be difficult to get things done because of conflicting priorities. While improving, there are still a lot of silos and finger pointing within the company and some departments. We can loose sight of what important sometimes, and focus on our image rather than our performance. Micro management at top hinders our ability to move quickly in many areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is too much micro management at the top. You need to give good direction and clear expectations and then let your leaders lead. If the CEO and/or his direct reports have to make all decisions, it leaves a feeling of mistrust and fear within the management team. Be open, and listen, just because someone has a different thought, does not make them a wrong employee.

Worked for Electrolux Major Appliances? Contribute to the Community!