Electrolux Major Appliances

www.electroluxappliances.com

Electrolux Major Appliances Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Electrolux Major Appliances – Charlotte – “Cube style office”

Electrolux Major Appliances – Charlotte – “Cube style office”

Electrolux Major Appliances President & CEO Keith R. McLoughlin

Keith R. McLoughlin

Pros
  • Competitive salary, good work-life balance, and ability to get to job done without be micro-managed (in 3 reviews)

• Office environment is fast paced but collaborative (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The HR policies and CEO control over career growth are forcing ideal employees out the door (in 3 reviews)

• the yearly review is set so no one gets a high level rating (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Dynamic environment

Product Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsNA company has been growing at a nice clip the past 2 years. The company has been going through big transformations during these past 2 years to be more competitive and streamlined. It has been a growing pain for some but necessary to be able to compete. Office environment is fast paced but collaborative. Everyday is a new day with continual change. Beautiful headquarters working environment. A far cry from the past location in augusta,

ConsCompany has been hiring a lot of new hires during the past year. There is not a disciplined on board process in place to make it seamless for all. Can be hectic and chaotic at times. There are competing priorities at times that caused confusion and frustration.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe mindful of change management that may not be clear at mid-management level to carry to lower level employees. Be more selective in hiring..

Growing Company

Sales Director (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsElectrolux has some of the most beautiful appliances in the market. It is fun to work in an open environment with colleagues from different departments on a same project. It is also global so one can interact with many people from different countries. Since the company has been doing well lately, it is nice to see good merit increases.

ConsIt is a very competitive market. One has to like a fast paced environment to thrive here. High expectations on delivering consistent results.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore clarity on roles and responsibilities of mid-level management.

Some great people who work hard long hours with a CEO that always is the smartest person in the room

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsIt is great to be at a company that makes products we see and touch every day. There are lots of people that care about the company and each other. The Group Leadership in Stockholm is committed to the business and has a vision for the future. Lots of global opportunities.

ConsThe place really changed with the new North American CEO 2.5 years ago. He is only letting his views and ideas be heard and trying to manage the global and local perceptions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGroup management needs to decide if North America is really living the values. Lots of good people with good hearts have left.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sexist

ProsDecent salary for men only but they will switch and bait you if you don't fit in.

ConsThis organization favors men who despite skill set are favored. Female employees with experience are ignored and cast off due to the weakness of male managers. The Human Resource department is corrupt and favor the views of the CEO who does not want to be challenged. The fact the CEO has publicly said employees should just be happy for having a job instead
     of demanding a bonus is enough said. This is a racist/sexist organization and I would steer clear if it.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire skilled workers. Do a better job at hiring since many managers interview only to deceive candidates as if the company is laid back when in reality they with switch and bait you.

DISAPPOINTED

Stressed (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBuilding is air conditioned in the summer and has heated in the winter.

ConsHighly stressful environment and management cannot be trusted. If you are honest about issues it will come back to haunt you. You are better off shutting up and not try to make things better. It does not matter how many positive things you do or customer issues you resolve, they are quick to put you down for the smallest things. Has become a truly dark corporate environment. Quality employees are not a priority. They want corporate puppets.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement will not listen to advice. Giving advice to management is not worth it, as they will not listen. It is their way or it is wrong!

Communication Gap

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood work culture and passionate group of people to work with.

ConsSr Leadership conducts business in silos and is not aware of the ideas, true landscape and reality of the company. No development of talent and fake upward feedback for mid-level management goes no where to actually improve processes and output.

Advice to Senior ManagementIvory Towers might look fancy and prestigious to on-lookers, but the real way to drive success is to be authentic with your employees. Lots of lost time spent chasing multiple variations of metrics. Clear communication and focusing on a singular target would be a better spend of everyone's time.

Product is decent and working on improving, but the culture is very vulgar.

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsManagers are very flexible. This is good for people who like to find their calling and learn as much as possible in that area. I have been allowed to become an expert in a emerging field that I really enjoy learning.

ConsManagers are very flexible and some people are allowed to push work off until deadlines are close and then the product is what suffers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp employees feel more responsible for the quality of the product. Also, weed out people that are anti - global company. We are not owned by a US company and people openly make remarks about not caring because the profits don't help the US out.

Can you spell Big Brother?

Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsYou are always under the watchful "caring" eyes of the the NA CEO-He installed cameras in the workspace to watch over your every move.

ConsThe current NA-CEO is has serious integrity issues and top management have been forced to walk the gangplank. Many have chosen to take their chances and jumped overboard to flee the sinking ship. It doesn't give those of us who remain much confidence.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis was a great company and the global leadership remains top-notch. Cure the cancer before it spreads to the vital organs.

STAY FAR AWAY.. THE TV NEWS IS NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE

AR/Collections (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosnone!!! Please do not listen to the television news about all of the jobs being added. It's a fake number. They layoff just as many they hire.

ConsNo way to advance to a better job. The managers do not appreciate hard work. The company is all about silos. Managers think they are kings to their tiny kingdom. DO NOT waste your precious time applying. There are better companies that can offer better working atmosphere. The do not respect the employees and they discriminate against many which has lead to a very very large turn over. The finance department alone has turned over at least 4 times with unqualified people. The computer systems are at least 20 years old and do not work. A large part of the workflow are temp employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Jack Trong. If he continues with the current plan be prepared for many layoffs.

Lack of senior management decision making ability and overall lack of engineering logic.

Engineer (Current Employee) Anderson, SC

ProsOverall great fellow employees that are a pleasure to work with. Electrolux in Anderson has great prototyping ability. Global focused company.

ConsThey do not allow all engineers to used their own CAD suite (Catia V5) Only the hand picked few are allowed without a real reason by management.

Overall lack of Engineering knowledge and Physics knowledge among the engineering management. So they continually repeat the same mistakes.

High stress office environment where most do not trust the management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote Logic.
    Allow ALL engineers access to 3D modeling suites, especially if they are expected to bring about new designs.
    Keep realistic goals and do not pander to Product Line 100% of the time.
    Stop being "Yes men" at all costs.

Worked for Electrolux Major Appliances? Contribute to the Community!