Electrolux Major Appliances

Disorganized

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Electrolux Major Appliances

Pros

They compensate you well, at least monetarily.

Cons

There is a major disconnect between each department. Everyone works on their own projects without any communication between departments. Nobody is assigned goals, so everyone works on whatever they feel is important so nothing ever really accomplished.

There is also no want to train or advance personnel that are currently working at the company.

The management of the company continually turns over. For instance, there have been 3 plant managers in 1 year time frame.

Advice to Management

See "Cons"

2. Good Work Experience

Current Intern - Engineering Co-Op in Anderson, SC
    Current Intern - Engineering Co-Op in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Electrolux Major Appliances as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

housing is provided for non-Clemson coops in Anderson, received meaningful projects like any other engineer, got to know coworkers well

Cons

coop program isn't organized well

3. Good company to work for

Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Electrolux Major Appliances full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working for a large corporate entity provides benefits that many other smaller companies cannot offer. Further, they are bound by and held to company policies that do benefit the employee. Fair pay scales, good vacation policy.

Cons

As with any large corporation, moving forward can be tricky. The office culture within various business units differs greatly and can be tough to adapt to following a move. Being influenced by remote management (Sweden) also has it's challenges as I believe this can adversely affect business decisions in other areas of the world. They are not always 'on top' of the local pulse.

Advice to Management

I would simply advise upper management to look more closely at operation before making large changes, and also to consider more open, progressive management styles.

Poor Treatment from management

Current Employee - ALL Jobs in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - ALL Jobs in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Electrolux Major Appliances full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

pay is good for most jobs

Cons

not enough hours and get treated like animals

Advice to Management

Listen to people find people who know how to do the management that know what they are doing not just talk a good show do not put people in management because they kiss up to the plant manager do not expect one person to do the work of three the cut backs and poor attitudes toward the workers is a drive behind why everyone is searching for employment elsewhere.

Toxic culture under an extreme micro-managing CEO

I have been working at Electrolux Major Appliances full-time

Pros

Nice facility and cafeteria. Most people (excluding management) are very professional, educated and fun. Pay is above average for Charlotte which is decent.

Cons

Terrible culture, very little internal growth. Every day feels like a Monday with a black cloud overhead. Management does not promote leadership, collaboration or team building. Honestly, the worst culture and management team I have ever worked for. If you are good at powerpoints and politics, regardless of the bottom line numbers, this is a place for you.

Advice to Management

Global CEO needs to clean house starting with the North American CEO and 90% of the leadership team, and bring in true leaders that promote teamwork and build up their employees instead of tearing the down. There is no training program and every new employee is on their own in learning how to do their job. There is no consistency is any procedures or programs and for an older company, which is the exact opposite of a GE type company.

7. Great place to work

Current Intern - Intern in Anderson, SC
    Current Intern - Intern in Anderson, SC

Pros

Good pay for interns, apply knowledge to everyday problems and work on your own group projects.

Cons

Sometimes can run out of work for and have to wait around for a new project.

Advice to Management

Make a list of on going co-op projects that are only for them. It will let them pick up where they left off when they have free time.

Do Not Work Here, or Waste your own skills or talents on this company!

Current Employee - Finance in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Finance in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Electrolux Major Appliances full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

close to where I live, close to go home dont have to fight alot of traffic.

Cons

Managment is unprofessional and half should not be in that job title, some people were hired for managment position only because everyone else has quit and they have no other choice! Also lack of technology for process's They are still using pen and paper excel spreadsheets and emails as a workflow process(very outdated). How can one person look at 3- 10k or more of emails per day?? Work in 750 different systems, and still manage their work effectively. Very good people have already left. I am very happy they got out. Hopefully I will be the next one to leave! My job has changed 3 times in the last 3 years because over 7 people left my team in 3 years, which has a total of 7 members! I still have the same job title and no extra pay. the yearly review is set so no one gets a high level rating . Especially when the pen and paper process's do not allow the time to meet or exceed expectations. Anyone who works here should expect to work very long hours to meet your professional expectations by year end.

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEE'S! Get Better skills for yourself as a leader. Stop dismissing what everyone has to say about effective work-flows and collaboration. Stop paying for more software and systems for someone to use on top of the 750 we already have to use, to get a job done . Yet we are still getting 3-10k of emails a day, to also manage.

9. Very professional work environment.

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Charlotte, NC

Pros

I have a great amount of leeway to do my job as I see fit. Rewarded and acknowledged for performance. Pay is average to slightly above average. Benefits are decent.

Cons

Wish that there were more opportunities for career growth. The hiring process is painfully slow. HR and lack of common computer systems are the company's weaknesses.

10. Busy and growing

I have been working at Electrolux Major Appliances full-time

Pros

Work keeps you busy and the time goes quickly

Cons

Hours can be long and there is little support from management in other departments

Advice to Management

Treat all employees with respect

Not a People Company

Former Employee - Engineering Maintenance Department in Jefferson, IA
    Former Employee - Engineering Maintenance Department in Jefferson, IA

I worked at Electrolux Major Appliances full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Reasonable wages and benefits for the area.

Cons

Not the best work/life ratio. Expects loyalty while giving none in return. Only shares information with employees if forced to. Claims to be quality driven -( true until a lower quality part or method is available for a penny less). Outsources at the drop of a hat. Obsession with lower cost blinds company to true value of experienced, quality employees and suppliers.

Advice to Management

Sometimes relationships carry a value of their own. A dedicated, experienced workforce can deliver the goods in circumstances when a low-wage, undertrained workforce just doesn't give a damn.

Electrolux Major Appliances Photos