Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson

Andrew Wilson

Pros
  • Managers do try to encourage workers to maintain a decent work/life balance(in 27 reviews)

• Nice & friendly colleagues, which made for a really nice work environment despite the Cons(in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • Some staff will struggle with achieving work/life balance if they are not careful(in 36 reviews)

• Extremely long hours, if you aren't living at the job you aren't fitting in(in 51 reviews)

Great place to work at

Accounting Manager (Current Employee) Redwood Shores, CA

ProsGreat benefits, perks, work life balance, tons of growth opportunities.

ConsI did not see any strong cons. It is a really good place!

Software Engineer EA Digital Platform

Software Engineer III (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsThere are a lot of place to grow, try new things, and make a concrete impact.
    The teams are very young and the initiative of creating a digital platform is still fairly new.
    A lot of freedom and trust is given to the engineer

ConsAs a Large company, it is sometimes difficult to coordinate things and we often end up doing some work that already been done before.

Fun and Challenging

ProsElectronic Arts values hard work and creativity

ConsMust have a sense of humor

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best experience of my life... also the worst at times.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsThere is an unbelievable amount of talented and creative people at EA. Great benefits. Loads of fun building cool games that millions of people all over the world enjoy. The people who voted EA "worst company in America" should move out of their mom's basement. :) I mean really... we beat out Bank of America and any number of oil companies!

ConsSilos within the company mean wasted resources due solving the same problems over and over and over. Poor management and leadership at all levels. Poor work / life balance at times due to poor project/time management failure. Middle management bloat.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down the silos... facilitate communication and learning among the studios. Give all employees an opportunity to have their voice heard.

Great place to work, but organization could be optimized to get the most out of their talented workforce

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood Shores, CA

ProsGreat management that really valued life/work balance for employees.
    Very flexible in accommodating employee needs.
    Plenty of passionate people to learn and get inspiration from.
    Good facilities and comfortable workplace environment for team building.

ConsA very large team with a lot of dependencies makes interdisciplinary organization a challenge.
    Due to the nature of the product/industry, working in an environment where your goals are constantly changed and the future is unclear can be frustrating over time.

Awesome

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIts very competitive and requires a lot o f patience

ConsThings can get really crazy

Advice to Senior ManagementNOthing really

Good environment but working fast-paced is expected

Business Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe environment is progressive and comfortable, to reflect the style of gamers. They encourage creativity and imagination, and seem to be focusing on changing their perception to their consumers. They appear to really be reworking the whole company from the ground up to make their consumers (gamers) happy. The opportunities to grow your career here are very good, if you prove yourself hard working.

ConsWork here is very fast-paced and the hours can be long. Because of the relative newness of some departments, their organization and structure of projects is chaotic and can change on a dime. You have to be very flexible, able to roll-with-the-punches, and really know your stuff. So far, salary doesn't match the experience and effort expended, although benefits & perks are good.

Advice to Senior ManagementBegin asking your actual workers what they need to help them work more efficiently. Ask them about what they know about, and have them put that expertise into the projects they work on, instead of just making typical management decisions that can set them up to fail.

Changes

Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsPlenty of change that can result in opportunity

ConsContinual switching of priorities and constant change in management. After awhile, the constantly evolving environment gets tiresome.

Excellent career opportunities, great culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsA very entrepreneurial culture where you can make a lot of your own opportunities and really stretch yourself, and the company is really driving new creative programs. Everyone who works here is extremely passionate about games and it's a very creative group of people. Everyone is encouraged to be themselves and speak up if they have ideas or opinions. Nice perks as well.

ConsTeams can be very focused in on their own work and not as willing to collaborate across teams to make things happen.

Cool but challenging

Information Technology (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsFun environment, "cool" factor of working for a gaming company, great campus (Redwood Shores), good team work within organization (IT), casual, good benefits, global company and related opportunities.

ConsCompany direction (was struggling at the time, still seems to be struggling), Senior leadership (power seemed to reside with the labels/studios, lots of leadership change over the past years, lots of politics), New Products (seem to continue to rely on existing franchises - FIFA, Sims, etc.), Internal inefficiencies, IT contribution not valued

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue focus on company vision and direction, stabilize management, continue to invest in improving internal efficiency, recognize value of IT and invest in IT

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!