Electronic Consulting Services

Updated May 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Roy Kapani

Great place to work and grow!

ProsWork hard and play hard. Good upper management, great peers and the work is fun and the people are fun.

ConsNot too much to say here, I'm very satisfied with ECS.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Pleasant environment and Rewarding

Corporate Facility Security Officer (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsFlexible work schedule due to family life. Roy Kapani and his key Executives care about their employees. Open communication with Mr. Kapani and his Executives.

ConsWish it were an ESOP company.

Project Manager

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsOpen Communications and focused on putting the customer first. Sincere interest in promoting talented people from within the company. The management team seems to recognize the need for faster technology adoption. Also, focused on growth through acquisition, which theoretically should create opportunities for advancement. Company is also family oriented and throughs a nice holiday party.

ConsTough industry. The government doesn't seem very interested in quality these days and are more focused on cost at the expense of experience, so company is cutting cost to keep winning contracts. Could be trouble in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be consider expanding beyond government.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Beltway Bandit - Basks in the Lavish Government Spending

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood Benefits, relaxed atmosphere. Company is growing at a healthy rate with increasing diversification of services

ConsPoor Job satisfaction - warm body provider for the Federal Government and not much else. Limited value added.

Growth through Acquisitions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation is not below average. The company appears to be doing fairly well so those still there seem not to face an immediate threat to lose job.

ConsVery minimal communnications from upper management. Appears to concentrate on staffing to position not concerned about building compenentcies focused on bottom line growth is through acquisition not strategic growth.

Very nice and friendly company which cares about its employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsFlexible.Growing.Appreciative of your work. Caring management. Regular office get-together and parties. Not stingy while providing office supplies. Pleasant work atmosphere.

ConsRestricted projects. All federal projects so things move slowly.

I am a dissatisfied current ECS employee.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Pros1. The firm is doing well financially.
    2. Competent staff.
    3. Very responsive administrative support.

Cons1. The salary increases are a joke. I am part of a team that just won a 5-year contract (re-compete). The average salary increases ranged between 0 - 1.5%.
    2. Limited communication across the board (especially from executive management).
    3. Executive and senior management are not proactive. They prefer to react after the house has burned down.
    4. There does not appear to be a firm culture. The culture is contract dependent.

Advice to Senior Management1. If you want to retain good people, pay them what they are worth. After all, you have the money.
    2. Make more of an effort to communicate with staff (especially those at client sites).

If you are searching for Corporate Leadership and Ethics, keep looking. Caveat Emptor.

Pros1 Technical environment
    2. Opportunities for entry level staff
    3. Good hard working people working with you as your peers.

ConsThe 95k question. As mentioned by other reviewers, ECS is a profitable company. But don't come here expecting salary increases, bonuses or incentives. Check the salary page for below average industry pay.

Public records linked off this site show the uglier side, where corporate evidently takes care of their own, keeping a terminated executive for 2 months, to pay out a massive annual bonus? Yet staff are told there is no money and no raises. Know what you are getting into.

Caveat Emptor.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture starts from the top. Isolated fiefdoms allow unethical behavior. You either knowingly stay blind to it or support it. Either way it infects your business and costs you in the long run.

Pay more attention if you really want to compete with Lockheed, SAIC and the other major industry firms.

Do not come here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI liked the owner, he seemed to care.

ConsUnfortunately the owner either did not know or did not understand that his management team treated people badly. I don't feel overall the company cares about its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating people better and stop being so bureaucratic.

No growth...top level managers don't listen...command and control center........stagnant career..below par pay.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsCan't think of any......but if I have to come up with some they might be
    1. Lousy 1% or so yearly raise
    2. Yearly dinner party...and a $25 or so gift card per year.

Cons1. No one cares about IT or engineering staff.
    2. If you are a man...you have no career growth....almost all managers and team leads are women
    3. They basically have command and control centers...and if you are not one of they types that NODS and everything and say YES you are in trouble.
    4. The top managers suck up to feds and basically do not give any details about what the agency wide strategy is going to be for the next few years.
    5. If you just do your work and not ask any questions they you are fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementOPEN your EYES and EARS and at least try to make amends.
    Implement a proper SDLC process.........embrace change..or you will be left behind.

Worked for Electronic Consulting Services? Contribute to the Community!