Electronic Data Systems

Electronic Data Systems Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Electronic Data Systems Chairman and Executive Vice President Joe Eazor

Joe Eazor

Pros
  • Flexibility and Dependability and work from home option(in 18 reviews)

• Good company and work/life balance(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor senior management & executive leadership during my time at EDS(in 35 reviews)

• Upper management and lack of strong sales(in 24 reviews)

128 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It is used to be fun and innovative company !!! Not anymore.

Solution Architect (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsBenefit are OK,
    Most of people has been working in this field for years and years.
    Flexibility

ConsHP has no experience as services company. It will have negative impact for quite sometime.
    Processes are chasing processes.
    Pay cut 5% was start then addition 10% in second Qtr. Now job code changes are pure way to move salaries from the bottom to the very top. After it is done, I am sure many people will find their compensation below market level. This is pure legal scam and final nail in the coffin. Good people will leave and it is going to be crazy to get anything done for those who stay behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some balls and challenge executives. People is your core asset and you can not offshore experience.

Offshore-orama is taking a toll.

Information Specialist (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsUse to be loyal to employees.
    Nice blue cubicles.
    Good people to work with.
    Good health insurance.
    Work from home used to be encouraged.

ConsEmphasis on solving profit margins through off-shoring and throwing low-priced bodies at projects.
    Top-heavy.
    Many layers of worthless managers.
    Short-sighted pay cuts will drain the company of needed experience, and has drained all goodwill toward the company from the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're next.
    Customers will see the difference in service, and business will be lost.
    When that happens, don't blame your underpaid, inexperienced staff.

Nice place to work

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsManagement seemed to be competent. They had an involved review process and really worked with employees to provide new opportunities. Individual feedback was great.

ConsThe long involved review process was sometimes tedious. There always seemed to be a push to move into the IT side of the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementEDS is a nice place to work. I enjoyed my time there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HP isn't helping

Program Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsTeam members and peers will go the extra mile for you and take pride in the quality of thier work.

ConsExecutive leadership, especially now under Mark Hurd and HP are singularly focused on shareholder value, not stakeholder value, regardless of the lipservice paid to caring about employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees, or they will leave when times get better. Forcing pay cuts, unequally on North American employees but not other country employees due to local laws and telling us it will save jobs, and then resuming work force reductions a couple months later destroyed any credibility. Equally, telling employees in April that there would be a forced shutdown the last two weeks of the year, and that we had to save 8 days of vacation, then performing work force reductions a couple months later and not paying of unused vacation is just plain unethical.

Poor excuse for an American corporation

Technical Writer (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsAllowed some folks to work from home

ConsPoor management, unclear direction, constantly changing direction

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying so much about looking good and covering your rear and try to do what you were hired to do...support your team and do what it takes to help them do their jobs better

Every Day Sucks

Business Consultant (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsNot a whole lot of good things to say, that is why i'm out here reading reviews to get a new job

Consbad managers who will keep their foot on your head to stay a float as the work force reductions happen.

Advice to Senior Managementno real advice for them. I'm not a huge fan of the management so I guess I would tell them to listen to open their eyes

Suck up to the boss and survive

Information Specialist (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsDecent work life balance. Most people dont work so they know that their other jobs or life is more imp than this job.

Cons* Pathetic management. Bosses know how to suckup to their bosses and they expect it from employees. No merit. No consideration for skills, experience and knowledge. Very old school and rigid reporting structure.
    * Employees are incompetent, stuck on to old technology, dont share and dont want to share as they fear job security.
    * Management makes it worse by laying off their best people. And outsourcing jobs.
    * I have seen many career empoyees who daily come to office or work from their homes on the same deadend projects somehow. Hats off to their suckability.
    * bottom line..useless company

Advice to Senior ManagementU have no hope.

Nice people, doesn't utilize the technology

Relocation Analyst (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsSenior management is flexible and understanding in the EDS ExcellerateHRO department. Lots of training provided by online delivery services. Plenty of chances to improve and earn certifications using that system. Well laid out career goal planning which is done with a neat HR online platform.

ConsCubicle city. The relocation department purchased a software that they don't really know how to use. When the software developers came to show us how to utilize it, even they weren't sure to what extent it could perform the tasks that we wanted. Many of the employees still shuffle papers around endlessly instead of using the new technological tools, but I can't blame them since the software platform doesn't work well at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new user-friendly software service package or have someone who is an expert at it teach it properly to all its users.

Joe Eazor wake up and smell the coffee.

Systems Management (Current Employee) DFW, TX

Proswork from home
    new hp laptop

ConsPay cut for doing a good job
    having to help cluess Staff from argentina
    having a unix staff that is so understaffed it not funny
    Argentina staff (need I say more)
    a CEO that has no clue of running an IT company gee why did you buy one?
    A CEO that makes millions but is requiring staff around the workd to take paycutts ro else.
    A CEO named Mark Hurd
    A general manger named Joe Eazor neew I am say more?

Advice to Senior ManagementJoe Eazor please please wake up. When was the last time you spoke
    with someone on your staff, one that does real work and not one that brown noses up to you?

Now is the time to listen, not just issue decisions

Sales Support Professional (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsBeing with HP opens up a world of opportunities, with new business sectors and job types available. HP's increased diversity with the addition of EDS makes HP a stronger contender against IBM and Dell.

ConsAt the moment HP-EDS employees are working under a dark cloud due to the constant drumbeat of hints, statements, and rumors of layoffs. One never knows if next Monday will be another Black Monday. It's maddening to see EDS targeted as the focus of yet another round of layoffs, almost in the same breath with statements that EDS' strong performance helped HP offset poor results in its other business units.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease show a commitment to listening to the people, often touted as "our greatest asset." But right now it seems as though upper management is in its castle issuing dire edicts rather than listening. Now is the time to find out what the company's people are dealing with and the obstacles they're finding to better results.

Worked for Electronic Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!