Electronic Frontier Foundation

2 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
3.1
CEO

1. One of the most amazing places defending your digital rights!

I worked at Electronic Frontier Foundation full-time

Pros

My experience was amazing. It can be tough to bring together Technologist, Activist, Tech Ops and others together. But I was at at level where to the quick growth of the organization, I know they are trying to resolve the "growing pains" and the demands that they had newly acquired. I felt teams were working to their best of their current abilities and trying to resolve internal conflicts to the best of their abilities, to have communication/dialogue. There was communication, I feel everyone was on the same page, just sometimes the communication did not happen due to quick growth. What is so cool is they realize this and are trying to find a resolution. The spirit there has always in my opinion been "Team and Family"! Also they have amazing benefits that support team members in their ability to have a great work/life balance and they are unique. The Executive Director always had an "open door" policy and was a smiling face if you needed to have a conversation.

Cons

The growth expansion just might might have been a little too quick.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you have been doing!

2. Poor management

I worked at Electronic Frontier Foundation

Pros

Meeting a handful of smart people. Other than that - pretty much nothing. Everyone's setting their own goals instead of contributing to the team effort.

Cons

The company is poorly run which is the indicator of poor management. Just because we did this before, doesn't mean that's the best practice. The executive director is very aloof.

Advice to Management

If you're not apt for the job - just resign.

RSS Feed </> Embed