Elegran Real Estate & Development Services

1. Real Estate Internship

Former Employee - Real Estate Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Real Estate Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Elegran Real Estate & Development Services

Pros

Great atmosphere. Whilst working at Elegran you will have amazing colleagues who will be happy to help you whenever you want. Interns are welcomed greatly, and once you have to leave the company you will surely miss everybody!
    Colleagues are open to answer any questions, as long as you let them see you want to learn something. Conversations are always great, not only business wise but also on a personal level.

Cons

There aren't that much opportunities for a 3-month internship because it's just not enough time to actually matter in the business of the company. I'm sure this is a general problem for short term internships though...

Advice to Management

Don't hire too many interns because there isn't always too much work to do. Furthermore, keep the atmosphere as it is, it truly is a young and vibrant company which is a pleasure to work at!

2. Content Intern

Current Intern - Content Intern in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Content Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Elegran Real Estate & Development Services as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Constanr creation of content. SEO practices.

Cons

Some articles are published anonymously. There is little to no interaction with other coworkers within the company. There is minimal trust between supervisors and interns. Interns seen as disposable. Employees are too comfortable and are not open to change. There is not much to learn.

Advice to Management

The work environment lacks the effort to create a supportive and safe place for coworkers and interns alike to intermingle and feel accepted. There is a lack of positive communication, with most of all talking done online. Interns feel pushed aside and not taken seriously, and a lack of trust is apparent.

3. 2014 Social Media Intern- A Great Learning Experience!

Former Intern - Social Media Inter and Brand Ambassador in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Social Media Inter and Brand Ambassador in New York, NY

I worked at Elegran Real Estate & Development Services as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Interning at Elegran Real Estate last summer was a great experience. The culture was relaxed yet professional, and allowed for easy communication with the managers. The interns were given a great deal of responsibility and training, and the managers seemed to care about us. They never made us feel like we were "interns" and we were encouraged to become involved with every aspect of the organization.

Cons

I do not have many cons about Elegran. My only suggestion or con would be that I would have preferred an hourly salary rather than stipend.

Advice to Management

You are the best. Keep up the good work.

5. Web Development Intern 2013 & 2014 - Fantastic Experience

Former Intern - Front-End Developer in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Front-End Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Elegran Real Estate & Development Services as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Valuable insight into the NYC real estate market
    Professional and approachable co-workers (lots of wonderful people)
    Adequate freedom and responsibility, no micro-management
    Flexible hours
    Plenty of room for advancement
    Great for networking
    Good office location
    Multiple career opportunities
    Received a MacBook to work on during time there & designated workstation

Cons

Pay for interns could be slightly better (I started getting paid during my second summer working there)

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the internship program
    Keep up the great work!

Interned at Elegran the summer of 2014. It was a great overall experience

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Elegran Real Estate & Development Services

Pros

-Great management, invested time in teaching and explaining to interns and entry-level agents
    -The culture is pleasant and centered around sharing knowledge and succeeding as a team rather than individual competition
    -Employee diversity; agents and managers from many different countries and cultures
    -Open-minded environment

Cons

-The internship could have been a bit more structured, something they have probably improved by now
    -Interns are not paid

Advice to Management

-Continue to invest time in the entry-level positions, I think that is the future of the company and how you will succeed long-term
    -Enhance the relationship between the real estate agency side and the business development side of the business

7. My experience at Elegran

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Elegran Real Estate & Development Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, good ambiance. Very nice office, spacious and quiet located in the city center. Dynamic company on a growing market.

Cons

It is easy to get absorbed by your work and do extra-time which will not be paid.

8. Social Media intern and Brand ambassador

Former Employee - Social Media Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Social Media Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Elegran Real Estate & Development Services

Pros

The office is incredibly conveniently located and everyone at the office is great to work with. I still keep in contact with a few people I met last summer. Good first internship as it exposes you to the real world.

Cons

As a social media intern, your days can be kind of slow so sometimes you'll need to take initiative and create your own work to do. Also not paid, but possible to do for college credit.

RSS Feed </> Embed