Elements Therapeutic Massage

Updated August 25, 2014

Jeff Jervik

GREAT JOB!

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time

Pros

very laid back atmosphere, slow paced, fun people, overall a great job

Cons

there are no full time employees where I work so your limited on hours

keep up the good work

Front desk- Totowa

Former Employee - Sales/Client Services Specialist (SCSS)
    Former Employee - Sales/Client Services Specialist (SCSS)

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free massage per month.
    Employees are nice.

Cons

Compensation. $5 x member which seems like a good amount until you get told that you have to wait 2 months for that $5 & they have to stay a member, also other Elements pay more for member & pay higher for membership level.

Owners are very unprofessional, unorganized and cheap. They hire good staff and annoy them until they quit.
    It seems to be a hard concept to understand that some people just do not want to become a member, and they blame the front desk for it.
    NO DIRECT DEPOSIT, NO OVERTIME, NO EXTRA HOURS,NO ROOM FOR GROWTH.

Compensation should be better, get direct deposit. Treat people better.

Underpaid, focus is on business, not what's best for clients

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Boston, MA

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage full-time for more than a year

Pros

They took care of all the business aspects--scheduling, sales, calls, supplies, angry customers--very professional about it.

Cons

You get less than 20% of what they take in, they expect clients' tips to supplement half your income, and even that is really low compared to independent studios. I was criticized for referring a client out to another LMT because I didn't feel I was the best practitioner for him--they only cared about my numbers of return clients increasing, and my raises were denied because of it!

Pay your workers better--independent studios pay 30-50% of the cost to LMTs, it's unreasonable to take as much of the cut as you do--it results in high turnover and workers who feel taken advantage of and can barely afford to pay rent.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work, very good people and clients

Former Employee - Massage Therapist  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage full-time for less than a year

Pros

They preferred to do their own training for hot stone massage but helped out with tuition for continuing education credits wich makes it nice

Cons

I don't believe they should be one of those places that stayed open as late as they did when we very rarely had any clients that time of night

Make taking time off a little more easier to do so we don't feel like we cant get it if no will cover our shifts

Its been a good job.

Current Employee - Receptionist  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Massage is helpful to the human body in so many ways.

Cons

Wellness plan compensation is ridiculous.

Completely reorganize wellness plan commission structure.

Terrible for therapists

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free massages on occasion. Most of the therapists are wonderful, kind people. The clients were usually very sweet and understanding.

Cons

Working for this company was a nightmare. I am a massage therapist but worked as a manager for one of these franchises. The owner I worked for was cheap, mean and not very bright. He asked me to discriminate when interviewing and hiring. I worked 60+ hour weeks and was rewarded with $200 bonuses. My hard work meant nothing to him. He literally said to me "everyone working here should be kissing my butt, I sign their checks" .

Advice for Corporate: Create scripts for selling the wellness program and make them more accessible to staff.

Employees Are Expendable

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time for less than a year

Pros

These companies are a franchise so they are independently owned. You might not have the same experience because the owner might not be as harsh toward their employees. They have the feeling of a small company within a chain.

Cons

As a Sales and Customer Service Specialist you can be scheduled to work up to 5 hours alone without the ability to take a break. Every minor mistake you make will be cataloged and used against you in criticism later on. The management for the companies in the Seattle and Issaquah area are overtly critical and chose to base all their feedback for their employees with harsh critique and keep order through intimidation and bullying. There are countless occurrences of inappropriate behavior and unprofessional interactions with management including the management getting overly involved with their employees personal lives as well as having their employees live with them. Management has also treated employees harshly with name calling such as calling them "stupid" to other employees along with negative gossip about their employees being shared with the owner and the owner's family who works as administration within the company. The Management will blame their subordinates for any mistakes or communication errors before being accountable and will flat out lie and make things up in order to look good or criticize an employee. All the responsibility is put on you as an employee to cover your tracks and make sure you cannot be at fault for anything. Management also will use gossip from other employees in your reviews as well as tell you not to get "too close" to your co workers making for an uncomfortable work environment that feels hostile. It is all the cons you can imagine working for a small company disguised within a larger chain. Management will tell you that you are viewed as expendable by the Administration as a front desk employee.

Need better HR and ways to address "training" that do not include harsh emails and wholly negative criticism and to view the whole team as valuable. Need two people working the desk if the studio has an influx of calls during the day and when opening the studio so as to address all the cleaning needs as well as be able to give their employees their allotted and legally required breaks.

It's a learning experience.

Current Employee - Massage Therapist  in  Birmingham, MI
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Birmingham, MI

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great employees, a way to build my clientele, a place where I can improve my skills.

Cons

Taking awhile to build my clientele.

Horrible. At first owners seem inviting, but soon you will learn they have a dark side.

Current Employee - Massage Therapist  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time for more than a year

Pros

* The other therapist, but they leave fast
    * Build clientele fast

Cons

* Therapist leave fast
    * Pay is either by the hours you put in or by the massages perform in a bi-weekly basis, and they expect you to do extra while on the clock which at the end it might mean free labor.

Pay by hour plus massage or don't expect therapist to work extra. Make the front desk do more. Don't have managers that are 20 that have no experience and expect MT's to be ok with that. Losing 6 therapist in a month is not normal, you should realize something is wrong by now: Management!

Perfect place to do just massage or to develop your craft.

Current Employee - LMT  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - LMT in Portland, OR

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No sales or performance requirements. They are very undersatnding of LMTs and cater to them. They do not over work you by putting limits on how many massages you do per day/week. They pay a decent wage for LMT with growth for higher hourly wage. The company was founded by a massage therapist who wanted to improve the overall well-being of her clients.

Cons

These are franchise buisnesses, so some policies and buisness processes differ between stores. It is a very corporate setting so there are a lot of standardize images and procedures.

Worked for Elements Therapeutic Massage? Contribute to the Community!