Elements Therapeutic Massage

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeff Jervik

GREAT JOB!

Prosvery laid back atmosphere, slow paced, fun people, overall a great job

Consthere are no full time employees where I work so your limited on hours

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

It's a learning experience.

Massage Therapist (Current Employee) Birmingham, MI

ProsGreat employees, a way to build my clientele, a place where I can improve my skills.

ConsTaking awhile to build my clientele.

Horrible. At first owners seem inviting, but soon you will learn they have a dark side.

Massage Therapist (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros* The other therapist, but they leave fast
    * Build clientele fast

Cons* Therapist leave fast
    * Pay is either by the hours you put in or by the massages perform in a bi-weekly basis, and they expect you to do extra while on the clock which at the end it might mean free labor.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay by hour plus massage or don't expect therapist to work extra. Make the front desk do more. Don't have managers that are 20 that have no experience and expect MT's to be ok with that. Losing 6 therapist in a month is not normal, you should realize something is wrong by now: Management!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Perfect place to do just massage or to develop your craft.

LMT (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsNo sales or performance requirements. They are very undersatnding of LMTs and cater to them. They do not over work you by putting limits on how many massages you do per day/week. They pay a decent wage for LMT with growth for higher hourly wage. The company was founded by a massage therapist who wanted to improve the overall well-being of her clients.

ConsThese are franchise buisnesses, so some policies and buisness processes differ between stores. It is a very corporate setting so there are a lot of standardize images and procedures.

Sales/Client Services Specialist (SCSS) (Current Employee)

ProsCalming, friendly enviroment. Great customers and therapists.

ConsInconsistent policies, not enough set in place.

Good company, good work environment

ProsYou work in a mellow atmosphere

ConsYou won't get rich here

Great place to work

ProsStarting pay is higher than what you will find at other companies like this (massage envy, massage heights) at least at the location I work for. Awesome owners they really care about all of the employees and want to make sure everyone is happy.

ConsThey are a new franchise and business is not picking up like they hoped. The corporate marketing is not very helpful at all so far. Massage envys (also a former employee of massage envy) marketing was way more helpful and professional. They do not have decoration requirements for the most part so it is up to the owners to come up with their own furniture, carpets, pictures, etc.... That is not always a good thing and definitely is not good at my location. The owners sadly have no decorating skills at all they just found random furniture and put it in the lobby (most furniture that they wanted out of their house). Was promised full time hours upon employment but am not receiving that since we have not picked up business... With 2 kids this has been incredibly hard to support my family with part time hours. Although my cons list is longer than my pros I would still highly recommend this company at least for front desk staff!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep improving and making this a great place to work!

No respect for employees from management

6d060a99@opayq.com (Current Employee)

Prossome of the coworkers, some of the clients

Cons-no work/life balance

-horrible communication between management and employees (one says one thing, the other says the opposite)

-no benefits: health, dental, paid time off, sick leave

-Extreme favoritism for some where others are constantly berated and get in trouble for things the favorites get away with (i.e.: switching shifts, commenting on closing shift having to constantly take care of opening shift responsibilities, when you ask to switch availability you get the run around)

-too much pressure to push for memberships and upgrades for groupons

Advice to Senior Managementget on the same page, treat everyone with equally respect, lose the high school behavior of favoritism, and understand there is a fine line between offering upgrades/membership and badgering the clients

Great place to work

Area Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWorking for elements was very challenging. I was with the company for 6 years and able to grow within the company.

ConsNot all locations are managed the same. The locations I worked for in Illinois were very enjoyable however I helped out in Arizona for a while and did not find the same quality work environment.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Great Company to work for

Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsMany resources, great people, great owner

ConsNone I can think of yet

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work!

Worked for Elements Therapeutic Massage? Contribute to the Community!