Elements Therapeutic Massage

Jeff Jervik

Good part-time job

Former Employee - Receptionist
    Former Employee - Receptionist

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people, great atmosphere, fairly simple job, very flexible. I loved this job and loved meeting the different members that came in for massages. I felt comfortable and felt very welcomed by the massage therapists, fellow receptionists, and managers. Overall very fun!

Cons

Low-pay, rude customers (however, the managers lookout for their employees), MindBody computer system that we work with was very inefficient and caused a lot of problems.

Continue being approachable and wiling to work with employees, get rid of MindBody!

SCSS - Front Desk Receptionist

Current Employee - SCSS-Front Desk Receptionist in Totowa, NJ
    Current Employee - SCSS-Front Desk Receptionist in Totowa, NJ

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly, hard working and like family. Owners are approachable, caring and what the best for the employees. Monthly massages, Flexible schedule, free massages, decent pay, direct deposit is about to be implemented, snacks provided and a beautiful place to work in.

Cons

Program to book appointments and check out clients is a little challenging to learn.

Keep doing what you're doing. Most of the staff appreciates you more than you think.

Good team and work - sometimes hard to deal with customers

Former Employee - Sales/Client Services Specialist (SCSS) in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales/Client Services Specialist (SCSS) in Boston, MA

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage

Pros

Management is good/fair. training is excellent though it is tough to train for all the things that could happen on a daily basis, ability to earn bonuses is good

Cons

Customers can be difficult though Management gives the staff a lot of freedom to appease them.

A wonderful & sophisticated company that really makes their employees AND customers a top priority

Former Employee - Front Desk in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Conroe, TX

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage

Pros

Such a relaxed environment to work in, but still extremely professional. Great people that really do work together as a team, and great management and leadership. They even graciously helped me transfer to the location where I was moving.

Cons

Clients get a bit difficult, but that will always be an issue anywhere!

Keep doing what you are doing, running a fabulous business!

Massage Therapist Position

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage

Pros

- Hydraulic Tables
    - You can clock out when you don't have a client
    - Everything is supplied
    - Higher pay than Massage Envy (but not as many clients)

Cons

- Not enough clients to pick up extra shifts
    - Favoritism in booking certain therapists
    - Confusion between management, front desk, and therapists
    - The owners are taught that The Elements service path should be strictly adhered to which can be a challenge at times
    - The owners have a hard time understanding the therapist's point of view
    - The Lead Therapist only has her best interest in mind

Listen to and hear your staff. Therapists are college educated. Pay your staff what they are worth. Don't make your therapists fight against the clock because there aren't enough clients and we don't want to suffer the minimum pay. You are in charge of marketing your location. If you don't want to spend money marketing against competitors like Massage Envy, you won't be in business long. Stop chaos at the source and don't let it spiral out of control.

Nice people but terrible pay!

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Newburyport, MA
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Newburyport, MA

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Steady clientele, nice people to work with, rooms were cozy, all supplies provided. I enjoyed working with most of the people at Elements. I made a couple of life long relationships there. My clients were wonderful and I loved seeing them every day. Pay was consistent as the client flow was steady.

Cons

The pay is extremely low, it's all your fault if the client doesn't rebook. Where do I begin? Sitting in the back for basically no pay if it's slow is outrageous. I felt like the management treated us like children. Nothing like being talked to like a child when you are in your late twenties. You are a slave driver money maker - not a respected professional with a important trade to offer the community. It's all about the $$$$ not the clients or the employees. Trying to get time off there was like pulling teeth. Need a day off on a Sunday? Forget it. No one was willing to help cover a shift. Ever.

If you enjoy working for no money, getting cheap tips and being talked to like you are a nobody. Go the Elements way!

Pay LMT's what they are WORTH! I make 60% commission at a small business locally and 50% at another. It's not ok to pay people less than 20% for the massage. Review your employees - there are some that are not so nice and shouldn't be in the positions that they are in. They are the face of your business. Make it more easy to take time off. People have LIVES outside of your establishment.

Love our owner, luke warm about corporate office

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage (more than a year)

Pros

Owner who is generous and cares about employees.

Cons

Bound by corporate meddling.

Listen to owners' experiences and understand that no two areas will be the same. What works in one market may not work for all others. Allow owners more freedom, stop focusing on $$$ and do what's best to make each studio stronger, and get rid of MindBody Online!

Good experience with clientele. Not lifetime position.

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great clientele, Incentives, Working with like minded people, Monthly massage benefit, Work-Life Balance (with proper time given before request), All supplies provided

Cons

micro-managing, paid/massage, minimal compensation for sit time, poorly trained front desk, high non-member cost

Try focusing more on the quality of the staff, more specifically clients positive reactions to their sessions, focusing so much on the repeats of therapists and how many members there arre depreciates the individual work of the therapists
    Put concentration on bookings, pricing is higher than local spas and that decreases the amount of people in the door. Too much pressure on the staff to get EVERY new client to sign up.
    Also, multiple contacts to new and existing clients can put of a vibe that is both very bothersome and slightly desperate to get them to come back.

Great Environment

Former Employee - Receptionist in Oldsmar, FL
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Oldsmar, FL

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage full-time

Pros

Great staff, great owners, friendly environment.

Cons

Business closed but owner was wonderful.

Keep up the good work!

The best massage chain that you could work for.

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Louisville, KY

Pros

Free massage every month, free chiropractic adjustment, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule and they have created an environment where I am always learning with in house training as well. I went from working for myself for the last 5 years to Elements and I do not regret it for a second. It is nice coming into work and not worrying about sheets, lotion, booking clients, payment and re-booking. It is all done for me, all I have to do is show up ready to work.

Cons

This is part of the spa industry and there is going to be drama. Some times it is made from a co-worker other times it is brought on from management. Any one who has worked long enough knows if they can handle the drama.

Elements Therapeutic Massage Photos