Elements Therapeutic Massage

Elements Therapeutic Massage Reviews

Updated November 20, 2014
Updated November 20, 2014

Jeff Jervik

Love our owner, luke warm about corporate office

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage (more than an year)

Pros

Owner who is generous and cares about employees.

Cons

Bound by corporate meddling.

Listen to owners' experiences and understand that no two areas will be the same. What works in one market may not work for all others. Allow owners more freedom, stop focusing on $$$ and do what's best to make each studio stronger, and get rid of MindBody Online!

Great Environment

Former Employee - Receptionist in Oldsmar, FL
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Oldsmar, FL

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage full-time

Pros

Great staff, great owners, friendly environment.

Cons

Business closed but owner was wonderful.

Keep up the good work!

Good experience with clientele. Not lifetime position.

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great clientele, Incentives, Working with like minded people, Monthly massage benefit, Work-Life Balance (with proper time given before request), All supplies provided

Cons

micro-managing, paid/massage, minimal compensation for sit time, poorly trained front desk, high non-member cost

Try focusing more on the quality of the staff, more specifically clients positive reactions to their sessions, focusing so much on the repeats of therapists and how many members there arre depreciates the individual work of the therapists
    Put concentration on bookings, pricing is higher than local spas and that decreases the amount of people in the door. Too much pressure on the staff to get EVERY new client to sign up.
    Also, multiple contacts to new and existing clients can put of a vibe that is both very bothersome and slightly desperate to get them to come back.

The best massage chain that you could work for.

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Louisville, KY

Pros

Free massage every month, free chiropractic adjustment, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule and they have created an environment where I am always learning with in house training as well. I went from working for myself for the last 5 years to Elements and I do not regret it for a second. It is nice coming into work and not worrying about sheets, lotion, booking clients, payment and re-booking. It is all done for me, all I have to do is show up ready to work.

Cons

This is part of the spa industry and there is going to be drama. Some times it is made from a co-worker other times it is brought on from management. Any one who has worked long enough knows if they can handle the drama.

The massage therapists are wonderful, the owners are incredibly sweet, and the atmosphere is healing and serene.

Former Employee - Sales/Client Services Specialist (SCSS) in Timonium, MD
    Former Employee - Sales/Client Services Specialist (SCSS) in Timonium, MD

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The management is very flexible, and they take you in like you are one of their own kids. It's really very sweet, almost like a family. I still visit the location to catch up with the lives of my Elements family. The training is very thorough: no stone is left unturned, and corporate is very supportive of every worker, helping to improve every minute detail. The atmosphere and office culture is one which cultivates and encourages learning and growth for EVERYONE on the team, including management.

Cons

There were some issues with management allocating roles to administrative staff, and communication, at times, is not always the best. It is to be expected, though. Also to be expected is problems with technology. The program used for scheduling massages suffers from frequent glitches and bugs, which can make interacting with clients frustrating and even embarrassing due to the wait times when booking or checking out appointments.

MT opinion

Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Irvine, CA

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the best reason I liked working at elements massage was the pay and the compensation for my time in between massages if there was any gap at all

Cons

the downside working at elements massage and I say this in regards to the one facility that I work at I can't speak for it all as a whole but it was pretty slow at times

I would say if I have any suggestions it would be when it is slow at times if maybe involving the massage therapist in the marketing area that might help things to be a little more productive for an example may be more massage events or health fair events

the one in phoenix and scottsdale- very poorly run.

Current Employee - Front Desk in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (more than an year)

Pros

nice people working there, some good therapists.

Cons

bad as hell management. no room for growth negative atmosphere.

increase the pay to all working here, give benefits! esp to full time and therapists- they deserve it. and, dont be so full of drama. be more professional.

OK for new therapists.

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage

Pros

Potential for new therapists to build clientele even though the place is still new.

Cons

Too many therapists on staff.

Horrible!

Former Employee - Massage Therapy in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Massage Therapy in Denver, CO

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None. Bad massage that is terrible.

Cons

They lie to you about your salary. Some of the massages would be debatable if they were a massage or borderline vodoo. They promise raises but never fulfill. They also act like they support good causes but they are only lying to make themselves look good. I would not reccomend this job to anyone unless you want to be ripped off.

Grow up.

Front desk- Totowa

Former Employee - Sales/Client Services Specialist (SCSS)
    Former Employee - Sales/Client Services Specialist (SCSS)

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free massage per month.
    Employees are nice.

Cons

Compensation. $5 x member which seems like a good amount until you get told that you have to wait 2 months for that $5 & they have to stay a member, also other Elements pay more for member & pay higher for membership level.

Owners are very unprofessional, unorganized and cheap. They hire good staff and annoy them until they quit.
    It seems to be a hard concept to understand that some people just do not want to become a member, and they blame the front desk for it.
    NO DIRECT DEPOSIT, NO OVERTIME, NO EXTRA HOURS,NO ROOM FOR GROWTH.

Compensation should be better, get direct deposit. Treat people better.