Elephant BAR

www.elephantbar.com

Elephant BAR Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Elephant BAR – San Marcos – “The bar area”

Bob Holden

Relaxed Restaurant Atmosphere

Server (Former Employee) Goleta, CA

ProsGreat coworkers, great bosses, awesome atmosphere. Post work meal benefits were great.

ConsTraining is short. Some customers were not the best being it is an average restaurant.

My location itself was great, but the company as a whole cares little about their employees, including the management

Server (Former Employee) Santa Barbara, CA

ProsDecent tips for servers and bartenders

ConsCompany is currently closing down many stores

Fun and fast paced

Food Server (Current Employee) Lakewood, CO

Prosgreat environment, fun staff, fun food, and busy

ConsCoupons are a downside without auto gratuity, people really dont like to tip off of regular bill

Advice to Senior Managementrecognize your employees for good work and dont discourage them

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company is my second family.

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsExtremely dedicated training department and support from all areas, including other restaurants inside and out of your district. Home Office is located in SoCal and I am in NorCal, yet the President and VP are both constantly touring and visiting. Its nice to know the VP and the CEO know you on a first name basis.

ConsGrinding hours and accountability to situations that are, sometimes, out of your control. Eleven hour shifts are the standard, and all holidays (Except Christmas and Thanksgiving) are mandatory to work. Menu changes constantly and expected to know all food front and back. Most time on shift spent swiping servers for coupons.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your managers time worked. Even if they are salary, the majority feel over worked.

Waitress

Waitress (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsFlexible hours, good food and drinks, good money, some managers were nice, free samples of food when they introduce a new item

ConsThey send out too many coupons and customers were very cheap!!!

Typical corporate restaurant with emphasis on upscale quick service. I worked here for two years.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best part of working here was the laid back environment and free food

ConsSome of their policies were counter-productive. When I worked there you had to have a manager split the check for you, and finding a manager could be difficult on a friday saturday night.

Alright for a first job

Hostess (Former Employee) Bakersfield, CA

Prosflexible with school hours
    training
    chances to grow within the company
    chances to transfer to different locations
    minimum wage, not bad for high school student

Consclientele isn't the classiest group of people
    always noisy
    always had to ask to move up/grow
    leadership
    no pay raises

Overworked servers

Server/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsNice (though ineffective) managers, schedule flexibility

ConsNo pay increase for trainers, servers forced to run food, other servers drinks, deal with coupons/senior discounts/rewards cards and a myriad of other tasks other concepts don't ask you to do, discounts bringing in low class crowd

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your "expo" run the food! We are tipping them full industry percentage for half the service. Get rid of the discounts and develop a quality product and reinvest in adequate staffing. Good food and happy, supported staff = repeat clientele willing to pay full price. You will not survive the minimum wage increase in California if you keep giving away the farm.

Could be better and could be worse.

Server (Former Employee) Daly City, CA

ProsGreat for a first-time server position. Many positions elsewhere require experienced serving and therefore it can be somewhat difficult to penetrate the industry. Great people work there

ConsMany customers are frequently using buy-one-get-one-free coupons and tipping based on the discounted price. Very high turn-around rate on employees; many lasting only a few months. I noticed this within the 6 months I worked there. Management grills you when you have to call in sick and forces you to find someone to cover your shift if you try to tell them the day before your shift is supposed to start.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with a little more respect. I never felt important to to company, and therefore felt no loyalty.

Easy job, nice people good tips

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWe'll written expectations and good management

ConsSometimes your sections are too big

Worked for Elephant BAR? Contribute to the Community!