Eleven Reviews

1. Nice people

Current Employee - Production
    Current Employee - Production

I have been working at Eleven

Pros

Nice friendly people, good location, family friendly

Cons

Some clients are disorganized which makes some accounts a headache to work on.

Lots of parties and events but no bonuses like holiday bonuses (well I have never received one in my years there). Not that a bonus is something we are all entitled to but it would be nice to get considering most competitors give them.

Advice to Management

More organization among accounts, more bonuses for employees other than parties / events.

2. Learned a lot about industry

I worked at Eleven

Pros

Fast past settings help prepare interns. A lot of exposure to projects.

Cons

A little unorganised, leads to a lot of miscommunication. Hard to reach upper management when things need to be done urgently.

Little transparency

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eleven full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People were generally friendly. HR department is great - they make employees feel comfortable, informed, and welcome.

Cons

Creatives rule the roost. Everyday felt like a constant push and pull between creatives and the other depts, and it felt like you had to be manipulative or aggressive (internally) to get a job done.. There is also little investment in employee career growth.

Advice to Management

Invest more time in listening to your employees. There is great potential here, but there are egos in the way.

Good at first then completely fell apart, everybody left in every department.

Former Employee - Creative Service/Production Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Creative Service/Production Designer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eleven full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some great people in some departments. Good Benefits

Cons

Lack of knowledge of all upper management what is really going on with their employees and each other.
    LOW pay. Gossip central. Greedy on Raises. Review process is a joke.
    Say they are a balance work/life company but make you work long hours for crappy pay because they won't hire more employee's to help in each department.

Advice to Management

Stop with the silly things and pay people more money. That is what one wants anyway. Who cares if you can bring your dog to work and you have bands that play. Salary over play Eleven!!!!

6. Great culture

I have been working at Eleven

Pros

Fun studio, involved in the local design network.

Cons

Expected to go above and beyond on every project. Low budgets for projects, and products that are typically cost constrained

7. Nice people, but stingy with pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eleven full-time

Pros

Dogs are cool. Get to work with well-known clients. The people are really nice.

Cons

There is a lack of employment in certain departments, which leads to overworked employees. Those who are overworked, do not receive much recognition or reward.

Advice to Management

Get rid of snacks, parties, and socials to pay employees more.

MEH

I worked at Eleven full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eleven has a nice office- if you are in to the trendy industrial design thing. You can also bring your dog to work.

Cons

Eleven tries to portray itself as a "cool" place to work. Yes snacks are provided and there is the occasional happy hour, but all of this does not make up for the fact that the salaries are pretty dismal. I don't want cool things like puppies in the office and concerts. I want to be fairly compensated for my work. I think young/ entry level people are more likely to fall for the cool aspect. Realize that at the end of the day all these "extras" don't matter if you are struggling to pay rent and/or can't afford things like vacations and restaurants.

I also didn't find the atmosphere all that friendly or family oriented. Sure, the people aren't horrible, but I found Eleven's way of communicating to be cold and passive aggressive for a place that professes to be open and amicable. The vast majority of communication about my work was sent through email. I would be talking to a manager and everything seemed like it was going well. Then later, I would get a long email in an overly professional tone from the same manager about the things I'm doing wrong and other things I should be doing. BUT NOBODY WOULD EVER SAY ANYTHING TO MY FACE. And it wasn't just one supervisor who communicated in this way, but several.

Advice to Management

Worry less about how the table at reception looks and worry about the bigger picture ,like, I don't know, bringing in accounts!

Good people, fun company... bad career development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eleven full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Agency culture is great... very flexible, lots of happy hours, snacks, socializing. Most of the people are good, nice people. Fast paced environment. Good benefits. The work is interesting, things are always happening. The new space is pretty nice, definitely makes it easier to interact with everyone.

Cons

Not a lot of career growth in my department. Agencies have a reputation of being cheap in the salary department... Have to say I agree - unorganized in the review/salary increase department... Questions to answers employees have often tend to be non-answers.

Amazing Place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eleven full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Great culture. Great people. Great leadership.

Cons

None, really. There was some transition while I was there, but they handled it very well.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

Really great place to work

Current Employee - Media Planner in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Media Planner in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eleven full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eleven is a fantastic place to start your career. The benefits of working for a private agency and getting hands-on experience on multiple projects at a junior level will take you far in your career. Below is a list of my favorite things about it.

- Cool office
    - Friendly environment that prides itself on working hard but playing hard
    - Smart people
    - Flexible time off
    - Great clients
    - Allow pets in the office
    - Promotes based on merit and not tenure

Cons

- Low ball salary increases after promotions

RSS Feed </> Embed