Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Eli Lilly President, CEO, and Director John C. Lechleiter

John C. Lechleiter

Pros
  • nice work-life balance; excellent on-site facility in campus; nice colleagues (in a way being personal); (in 66 reviews)

• Respect for people, ethics, innovative products, work life balance, people development (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Salaries , Work Life Balance , Nothing Else (in 10 reviews)

• Somewhat conservative culture, although senior management is trying to change it (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

hopeless as both individual and company

Research Scientist (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prosnice work-life balance; excellent on-site facility in campus; nice colleagues (in a way being personal);

ConsNOT merit-based promotion; unclear direction of department; innovation is not appreciated and credited. talking is way more important than working

Advice to Senior Managementopen to innovation and create a result-oriented enviroment

Big promises, small results

ProsLarge pharmaceutical company
    Great work/life balance
    Good compensation packages and benefits

ConsNot many opportunities to move laterally within the company
    Intolerant to a different way of thinking, viewed as unmotivating versus innovative
    Company is not evolving fast enough to compete with other large pharmaceuticals

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement really needs to focus on employee satisfaction and LISTEN to their employees.

say good bye to life as you know it

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe salary and bonus structure definitely rewards a successful territory.

ConsThis is not a 9-5 position. Most nights and weekends are consumed with training, computer reports, etc.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company Values are poor

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsDecent salaries in an inexpensive part of country

ConsManagers do not manage their groups -- which contributes to inefficiencies and frustration within a group. Culture of arrogance, petty meanness and deceit flourishes way more than I have seen at my two previous companies. Poor training. Performance management process is a joke. Employees get pigeonholed into certain jobs -- practically impossible to get out of a specific job. So never hire on unless you really love the job being offered to you. Product pipeline is drying up rapidly -- soon there will be nothing to sell.

Challenging

Specialty Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGreat products and compensation with the ability to succeed

ConsStressful and driven. Success was often welcomed with a question about what you were doing next.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore support, less noise, fewer voice mails and emails that are irrelevant to field work

Administrative Assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, collaborative environment and supportive management.

ConsCorporate atmosphere can be a bit intimidating for some, but I found it rewarding and challenging.

Overall a good company to work for.

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGood job flexibility, good benefits, good work/life balance. Good community involvement. Company encourages employees to attend trainings, expand knowledge, and actively seek promotions. Lots of new drugs in the pipeline. If we can survive the next couple of years, the outlook is very good.

ConsRegulatory environment takes some getting used to. Lots of bureaucracy. It is a very slow moving environment, but it is that way by necessity. Future is slightly uncertain, as there are several key drug patents expiring or have expired recently.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on keeping on. Let's hope some of the new drugs in the pipeline are successful

great company with good benefits

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsPeople are really great to work with. There is a collaboration atmosphere among the team. My leaders fosters this behavior.

ConsLong hours during crunches. When a new system is going in there are usually long days and night that can cut into personal time.

Great working environment

Biologist (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI always enjoy going to work and my coworkers are a large part of that. The equipment is very up to date and always well maintained.

ConsBeing a contractor means you don't get overtime, vacation or sick time. And you don't get invited to holiday parties.

Innovative Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsCareer center & career assessment tests. This was my first job. It was very helpful to find out more about myself and how to further develop self.

ConsLarge. Hard to know what all of your career options are

Worked for Eli Lilly? Contribute to the Community!