Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Eli Lilly President, CEO, and Director John C. Lechleiter

John C. Lechleiter

Pros
  • nice work-life balance; excellent on-site facility in campus; nice colleagues (in a way being personal); (in 66 reviews)

• Respect for people, ethics, innovative products, work life balance, people development (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Salaries , Work Life Balance , Nothing Else (in 10 reviews)

• Somewhat conservative culture, although senior management is trying to change it (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent place to work with great benefits

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prosgood environment, competitive pay , vacation time, Insurance.

Conslimited growth opportunity . If working in a system , you are stuck there.

Advice to Senior Managementprovide more growth oppurtunity

Rewarding transferable relative careers

CTMMS Librarian (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsProfessional relationships built with peers and colleagues.

ConsNot applicable, at this time.

Very good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDid not flood market with reps, good starting pay, expense reporting was way easier than with other big pharma

Conssame with any big pharma - went in expecting the normal cons: little autonomy in terms of actually working on the customer database, no understanding in how bonus is actually calculated

Advice to Senior Managementhad a wonderful manager who really worked to alleviate red tape that most managers just pass on down the line

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the first line company founded by Colonel Lilly anymore

Program Coordinator (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsDeep pockets; not afraid of using new technologies.

ConsLost the core respect for the "People Element" they used to espouse so nuch. They throw away skilled people like used diapers just to save a few dollars that are then funneled to yet another empty suit VP.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the VPs by 75% and hire back the 5000 foot soldiers you stupidly discarded in 2010.

Overworked in IT for years. Kept doing more with less people until I left in 2010.

IT Associate (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsExcellent training opportunities, great salary, working in downtown Indianapolis was nice, good equipment.

ConsToo much work as IT workers dwendled, workers stressed out due to the workload, environment was tense because workers worried constantly about getting reallocated...permanently. I spent almost all of my time on my priority projects and neglected the lower priority ones which went against my work ethic and hurt me to the core.

It's OK...not great...not horrible

ProsFlexible schedule. Decent work - life balance. Senior management is willing to listen to reps and make adjustments. Opportunities for outside of the box, interesting projects,

ConsOn the low side of the pay scale for the industry. Super conservative which can sometimes tie your hands

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus some time on improving the performance of middle management

Not bad... not bad at all.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has several perks onsite, such as multiple cafeterias, a bank branch, dry cleaning, and a small infirmary where you can get basic medical attention, some over-the-counter medications, or have some basic wellness tests done.

ConsThe campus is large, so expect to spend some time walking from place to place. Make sure you add in additional time between meetings or appointments.

Frustrating because they tried to be something they were not.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat salary. They took care of the employees

ConsCommission never was enough to matter very much

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to be Pfizer.

great

Prosgreat company...values work life balance

Consa little too conservative culture

There is a vast difference in the organization depending on the function, remember Lilly's core business!

Market Research (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsVery people oriented, coworkers genuinely care about the success of the program, competition is not overly valued (excluding sales).

ConsPeople tend to stay at Lilly for a very long time, so if you ever want to move into a management position you will be measured against colleagues with longer tenure and experience. This will make it difficult for upward growth.

Worked for Eli Lilly? Contribute to the Community!