www.eliassen.com

Updated January 10, 2015
3.9

Eliassen Group CEO Dave MacKeen
Dave MacKeen

Great place to work, good people

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Eliassen Group as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work and really good people. I personally feel that this company provides a great environment to work and grow. You will find out reality about the company in difficult times and recently I have gone through tough times and I got more than expected support from my company. Look forward coming everyday to work. Have been here from last 8 years :)

Cons

You should have the right skills to do your job, you cant just hang around.

Eliassen is a fantastic company to work for who respects and supports their employees and gives them huge opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits are excellent, the ability to earn as much as you can is insurmountable if you work hard.

Cons

You must have an entrepreneurial spirit and a great deal of drive then you will be successful.

Keep up the great encouragement to the team - it's so important!

Consultant: Approached by Eliassen recruiter? Do not walk, run!

I worked at Eliassen Group

Pros

Established supporting infrastructure: seamless payroll, decent group healthcare rates, easy interviewing/submission process.

Cons

Recruiters grossly misrepresenting job terms. I have seen similar complains about Eliassen before, and I wish I would take a heed before going with Eliassen.

I had 12 months "with possible extension" formal contract offer on a table through another agency when Eliassen recruiter approached me, offered slightly higher rate, and convinced me that his contract is "also 12 months with extension". So I allowed myself to be swayed and went with Eliassen' client. Six months later it appeared that contract was not 12, but 6 months "with possible extension", and client decided not to renew. From my conversation with Eliassen recruiter, it appeared that they practice these job misrepresentations regularly.

I worked with Eliassen some 10 years ago, and their practices were OK. Seems like they hired a bunch of aggressive sales boys recently who care neither about Consultants, nor about some basic business ethics. Consultants, be aware.

Review business practices and keep new recruiters under supervision.
    Conduct trainings, explain that misrepresenting job term is a violation of law.

Eliassen Group Response

Jan 28, 2015Public Relations Manager

Good afternoon,

We are sorry if your most recent interaction with us was a negative one. We pride ourselves on treating our consultants with respect and dealing with them at all times in a
    ... More

A place that strives to be the best in all aspects of its business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Eliassen Group comes from a 25 year old unique culture that still runs through it's veins today. It is a place that has an established reputation and brand, yet the drive and desire for growth of a start up. This is a place where you come to work and are expected to put your best effort forward and you will get out of it what you put in. It's a place where tenured employees (8+, 15+, 20+ years with the company) mingle, mix, and mentor their young, energetic, and driven colleagues (>1, 2+, 3+ years with the company).

Cons

This is not a place where you can just show up and "punch your timecard." The employees here are expected to work, hustle, and really strive for success.

I would continue to bring the energy each and every day to this company. Also, continue to make known career paths and opportunities for growth for all employees. Everybody is looking to see how they will continue to be able to contribute!

Great people, great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a company that truly cares for it's employees. You have a voice and are listened too from the top down no matter the role your in. This is a company that invests in it's employees, weather it be the technology that's used day to day, training and development, functions and recognition of achievement. It is truly a team environment where everyone is working towards a common goal.

Cons

This is a fast paced industry, and it's a fast paced company. You have to go into it knowing this and be prepared to work at that level. If not you will feel overwhelmed.

Keep investing in your employees training and development. It lets them know you care and are interested in their success.

I love working for this company!

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Eliassen Group

Pros

Great corporate culture, do what they say they're going to do, good decision makers, willing to expand into new business areas, good salary and commission structures

Cons

Harder for me to work with all team members since I work in a satellite office

Keep doing what you're doing!

Truly a company that is what you make of it

Current Employee - Tenured Here But Have Worked for the Competition in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Transparency - Everyone is accountable and you always know where you stand. You are rewarded financially and with recognition for doing well. When you are not you are given help and direction to get you back on track.
    Upward mobility - Those who succeed become team leads and/or receive 'senior' status.
    Progressive outlook - The company is always communicating common goals, and the plans to get there. Leadership does a good job of letting us know where we want to be as a company.
    Best commission structure anywhere - Bottom-line: if you are a top performer in this industry you will not make more money anywhere else. The comp rewards over achievers more than any other firm.
    Client base - Most locations have been around a while and have loyal clients with some exclusive reqs
    Flexible hours when needed - They understand sometimes people are sick or have family issues. They allow people to work from home during those types of occurrences. Nice to see a company do that vs making you burn vacation time. Just put in your work and don't take advantage, and it will work out well.
    Vacation Time - Most companies give 2 weeks total first year, Eliassen gives 3 weeks vacation AND 5 sick days
    Gym/Wellness benefit - They allow you to expense $30/month for anything from a sports league, gym membership or even MASSAGE. Very unique.

Cons

-Base salary. If you are junior it may take time to make money and the base alone is lower than industry average. But once you are ramped up and running you will turn that around quickly. If you have experience, they make you whole in the first year, something I have not seen before.

Being transparent and creating a rewarding environment is working well. Keep it going.

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Eliassen has a great company culture, in an industry that often does not. Folks who are successful at Eliassen are extremely self-driven, and reap the benefits of their hard work. It is a culture where you will not have anyone stand over your shoulder to make sure you are doing the work, but success is an expectation. Competition is bred among individual contributors.

Eliassen has strong infrastructure in place to support a large scale recruiting operation. They have training in place for folks with all sorts of experience in the Staffing Industry-- veterans down to candidates with no experience.

Great company for anyone who is willing to put in the effort. Great rewards for those who do.

Cons

Recent (good) attrition has occurred.

Continue to support top performers and those who are willing to put in the work.

Company that defines teamwork and leadership

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Eliassen Group

Pros

Eliassen prides itself on having the best recruiters in the industry. Top notch training and knowledge transfer from upper management is flawless and creates a family feel. This is a place to build a career and make many connections with top level talent locally and nationally. Eliassen positively impact the lives of their consultants and the clients they work with on a daily basis. Best place to work by far!

Cons

Why would you work anywhere else?

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Invests in their employees for the long-term
    -Flexible work hours - great work/life balance
    -Great senior and mid-level management - "The door is always open" policy always applies. You will never feel disconnected to management. Lines of communication are always open.
    -Benefits package is one of the best I have seen

Cons

-Very fast-paced work environment. If you tend to not work this way, it may not be a good fit.

N/A