Eliassen Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Eliassen Group CEO Dave MacKeen

Dave MacKeen

This technology recruiting company delivered when others did not

Consultant (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThis technology recruiting company delivered when others did not. My account representatives were available and helpful in my job search.

ConsPros being said, they opt for a minimal cost structure where possible. I found the benefits very average. PTO is minimal, there is little expense reimbursement. Which can be expected if you're a candidate on a 6 month to hire contract with the end customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementI like what Eliassen offers in terms of contract to hire opportunities.

Old fashioned approach

ProsNot many - Happy hours?

ConsRevolving door, not many people stay with them for long

Don't take the offer

ProsThey offer a decent salary and draw to start. CEO is also a great guy, but limited power currently.

ConsThe NYC office is not a place you want to work. Management is very rude and says off beat comments alot. Women and minorities might want to think again about working in this office.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit please and give the people in this office a chance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

statistician

Prosflexible work hours, lots of opportunity for learning and growth

ConsNeed to ensure that the right people are in the right roles.

Great Company, very talented recruiters

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsAs a independent consultant I have always been greatly impressed with the caliber of the recruiters at the Eliassen Group. They are up front and honest when dealing with candidates. They explain what the recruiting process will be like, the timelines and whom will be interviewing and making the final decision.

ConsThe job search webpages need to be redone. The layout is not logical and the search criteria does not always work. The old web pages and search technology were better.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take a look at the job search web pages.

Growth Opportunities Galore

Recruiter (Current Employee) Wakefield, MA

ProsThey will push for your development, so everyone receives training to keep their career moving, but it's done to the preference of each individual. No forced career moves, i.e. 12 months of recruiting then immediately to sales. They would rather promote you than hire from the outside, so put the work in and you will get rewarded.

ConsBase is low, and never increases. HR finds really good ways to get people up and running with guarantees, and I took a big cut in base when I came on board but ended up making more in the end with the comp plan. Still, seeing the number is a shock at first.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course. I've worked at other firms, and they don't compare to Eliassen Group.

Tends to be a body shop

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThey don't try to lead you on with what the company is or isn't. I was never under any illusion about my relationship with them. I was basically there to make hours and I was compensated for it.

ConsThey have no loyalty and not much above standard benefits package. Their sales folks tend to be a little myopic and so sometimes the sales pipeline was skinny.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

I've never had as much opportunity for success as I do here.

Recruiter (Current Employee) Wakefield, MA

ProsOutstanding compensation program geared to make you money. Senior team of folks with outstanding tenure and reputations in the business to continue to learn from. Very open to promotion from within.

ConsThere's always going to be growing pains as an organization. I believe that's where 99% of the frustrations with the organization come from. If someone is not being held accountable in their role it's hard for those that are to keep over looking it. Ensure the right people are in the right roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to empower your leaders, that's something you do very well!

Horrible Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the people were nice and you wanted to work with them.

ConsNo one communicates with anyone at any level. \ When you ask to advance your career or take on a new role they say no and then hire someone outside the company or let you go. People have been in the same position for 10 years doing the exact same thing and if someone is hired and comes up with a new idea they feel threatened someone is smarter then them.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your support staff they usually know more about what is going on then upper management. Telling them you will get back to them and never do-doesn't make the problem go away.

Great for my career. I learned a lot!

Director (Former Employee) Wakefield, MA

ProsOutstanding brand recognition in the Boston market. Internally the company spent a lot of time looking at how they ran the business and were always looking to improve. Always encouraged open communication. Not a lot of ego at the Executive level. They were not afraid to walk away from bad business. Simply put, a very well run company.

ConsThere are always missteps when a company is growing rapidly but Eliassen is always self evaluating and makes corrections quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGuard the culture as you grow. It is what sets you apart from everyone else. Other then that keep doing what you are doing.

Worked for Eliassen Group? Contribute to the Community!