Eliassen Group Reviews

Eliassen Group CEO Dave MacKeen
Dave MacKeen

1. I have never been around so many talented, driven professionals

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People here are committed to being excellent at what they do.
    The culture and re rewards system are there to support people who want to reach for more.
    Nearly 90% of the business is repeat business.
    We have very deep relationships with our top ten clients, averaging 14 years with Eliassen Group
    50 new clients in Boston decided to work with us for the first time last year
    We have a tremendous recruiting engine with 42 IT recruiters sitting in Mass

Cons

If you are not ready to really commit to growing your career right now, it will be difficult to fit in

Keep investing
    Keep rewarding high performance

2. I have been very fortunate to join Eliassen Group and highly recommend anyone in the staffing industry to join the team!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Westford, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Westford, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group

Pros

Great team atmosphere with heavy emphasis on training.
    Constantly growing and evolving, just opened new office in Boston.
    Strong relationships with numerous big name clients and plenty of positions to work.
    Not a sweatshop

Cons

The Parking lot is too small

3. Best staffing company to work for and great company overall

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent training, huge employee investment and support, high standards, diverse culture, and best commission plan in the staffing industry. Great client relationships with companies big and small and a staff that has a lot of industry experience.

Cons

Low base salary can be intimidating, but they make up for it with a great non-recoverable draw plan - again the best in the industry.

Increase base salaries for recruiters and account managers, or give annual raises as reward for performance.

5. Great place to work, good people

Current Contractor - Project Manager
    Current Contractor - Project Manager

I have been working at Eliassen Group as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work and really good people. I personally feel that this company provides a great environment to work and grow. You will find out reality about the company in difficult times and recently I have gone through tough times and I got more than expected support from my company. Look forward coming everyday to work. Have been here from last 8 years :)

Cons

You should have the right skills to do your job, you cant just hang around.

6. Eliassen is a fantastic company to work for who respects and supports their employees and gives them huge opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits are excellent, the ability to earn as much as you can is insurmountable if you work hard.

Cons

You must have an entrepreneurial spirit and a great deal of drive then you will be successful.

Keep up the great encouragement to the team - it's so important!

7. A place that strives to be the best in all aspects of its business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Eliassen Group comes from a 25 year old unique culture that still runs through it's veins today. It is a place that has an established reputation and brand, yet the drive and desire for growth of a start up. This is a place where you come to work and are expected to put your best effort forward and you will get out of it what you put in. It's a place where tenured employees (8+, 15+, 20+ years with the company) mingle, mix, and mentor their young, energetic, and driven colleagues (>1, 2+, 3+ years with the company).

Cons

This is not a place where you can just show up and "punch your timecard." The employees here are expected to work, hustle, and really strive for success.

I would continue to bring the energy each and every day to this company. Also, continue to make known career paths and opportunities for growth for all employees. Everybody is looking to see how they will continue to be able to contribute!

Consultant: Approached by Eliassen recruiter? Do not walk, run!

I worked at Eliassen Group

Pros

Established supporting infrastructure: seamless payroll, decent group healthcare rates, easy interviewing/submission process.

Cons

Recruiters grossly misrepresenting job terms. I have seen similar complains about Eliassen before, and I wish I would take a heed before going with Eliassen.

I had 12 months "with possible extension" formal contract offer on a table through another agency when Eliassen recruiter approached me, offered slightly higher rate, and convinced me that his contract is "also 12 months with extension". So I allowed myself to be swayed and went with Eliassen' client. Six months later it appeared that contract was not 12, but 6 months "with possible extension", and client decided not to renew. From my conversation with Eliassen recruiter, it appeared that they practice these job misrepresentations regularly.

I worked with Eliassen some 10 years ago, and their practices were OK. Seems like they hired a bunch of aggressive sales boys recently who care neither about Consultants, nor about some basic business ethics. Consultants, be aware.

Review business practices and keep new recruiters under supervision.
    Conduct trainings, explain that misrepresenting job term is a violation of law.

Eliassen Group Response

Jan 28, 2015Public Relations Manager

Good afternoon,

We are sorry if your most recent interaction with us was a negative one. We pride ourselves on treating our consultants with respect and dealing with them at all times in a
    ... More

9. Great people, great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a company that truly cares for it's employees. You have a voice and are listened too from the top down no matter the role your in. This is a company that invests in it's employees, weather it be the technology that's used day to day, training and development, functions and recognition of achievement. It is truly a team environment where everyone is working towards a common goal.

Cons

This is a fast paced industry, and it's a fast paced company. You have to go into it knowing this and be prepared to work at that level. If not you will feel overwhelmed.

Keep investing in your employees training and development. It lets them know you care and are interested in their success.

10. Truly a company that is what you make of it

Current Employee - Tenured Here But Have Worked for the Competition in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Transparency - Everyone is accountable and you always know where you stand. You are rewarded financially and with recognition for doing well. When you are not you are given help and direction to get you back on track.
    Upward mobility - Those who succeed become team leads and/or receive 'senior' status.
    Progressive outlook - The company is always communicating common goals, and the plans to get there. Leadership does a good job of letting us know where we want to be as a company.
    Best commission structure anywhere - Bottom-line: if you are a top performer in this industry you will not make more money anywhere else. The comp rewards over achievers more than any other firm.
    Client base - Most locations have been around a while and have loyal clients with some exclusive reqs
    Flexible hours when needed - They understand sometimes people are sick or have family issues. They allow people to work from home during those types of occurrences. Nice to see a company do that vs making you burn vacation time. Just put in your work and don't take advantage, and it will work out well.
    Vacation Time - Most companies give 2 weeks total first year, Eliassen gives 3 weeks vacation AND 5 sick days
    Gym/Wellness benefit - They allow you to expense $30/month for anything from a sports league, gym membership or even MASSAGE. Very unique.

Cons

-Base salary. If you are junior it may take time to make money and the base alone is lower than industry average. But once you are ramped up and running you will turn that around quickly. If you have experience, they make you whole in the first year, something I have not seen before.

Being transparent and creating a rewarding environment is working well. Keep it going.

11. Eliassen Group

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Eliassen has a great company culture, in an industry that often does not. Folks who are successful at Eliassen are extremely self-driven, and reap the benefits of their hard work. It is a culture where you will not have anyone stand over your shoulder to make sure you are doing the work, but success is an expectation. Competition is bred among individual contributors.

Eliassen has strong infrastructure in place to support a large scale recruiting operation. They have training in place for folks with all sorts of experience in the Staffing Industry-- veterans down to candidates with no experience.

Great company for anyone who is willing to put in the effort. Great rewards for those who do.

Cons

Recent (good) attrition has occurred.

Continue to support top performers and those who are willing to put in the work.