Elie Tahari Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
2.0

Elie Tahari Chairman & CEO Elie Tahari
Elie Tahari

Pros
  • Clothing allowance- if you even like the clothes they are poor quality (in 15 reviews)

• Get a lot of experience, learn a lot, some really great people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible management, long hours, cattiness, drama, lazy management workers (in 8 reviews)

• Disorganized upper management that would announce a promotion mid-day or cut a sale short of the advertised day (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Love the clothes...that's about it

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor

I have been working at Elie Tahari full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clothing Allowance was good. Good Company. I did like some of the my co-workers. If your a good sales person you will enjoy the commission.

Cons

Very unorganized leadership. The Store Manager was unprofessional and inexperienced and relied on the sales supervisors to do her job. Also corporate gave very little support. This made my job a bad experience. Since the 3% commission will make or break your paycheck watch out for sale thefts and gossip if you are always #1.

Have the Sales Supervisors do reviews on the Store Manager. You will find out whats really going on and how you can help groom your managers better.

It's Okay

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor

I have been working at Elie Tahari full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good look for you resume, you learn how to deal with a lot on your own building up your logic skills and being able to adapt and figure things without help from corporate

Cons

Pay isn't that great if your just an employee, I'm pretty sure corporate is satisfied. They ask for a lot and give you little, not just in compensation but also in tools and training. The company is very disorganized! Since I've been working here ( it's only been about 9 months) Iv'e seen about 10 people including store managers, visual designers, district managers, head of human resources, and even the CEO of the stores and outlets leave the company! In my store alone there has been one position filled three times and another filled twice. There is no negotiating with the company or bringing up a problem that you have in the store that is effecting sale because guess what "THEY DO NOT CARE FIGURE IT OUT!". If you can deal with the BS that comes along with job then kudos, but if your skin isn't tough then run the other way!

Management needs to listen to what their stores need and react effectively so that there's no problems when your store isn't making its weekly an monthly goals because we don't have the tools needed too. Also they need to stop cutting hours and trying to prevent overtime as if at the end of the day we'er not making them over 70k a month alone. I mean geesh you can't even grant me more 40 hours that were promised. Now that's messed up.

Elie tahari review

I have been working at Elie Tahari

Pros

Opportunity to move into to higher positions

Cons

In certain areas there is not anyone to provide mentoring

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

neutral

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time

Pros

people, clean offices, good clothing discount if you like those clothes

Cons

low pay, hostile work environment, 0 job security

Good experience for those in retail

I worked at Elie Tahari

Pros

Takes good care of Employees
    Clothing budget
    Beautiful product

Cons

Lost a lot of great employees in the last couple years

My co-workers were amazingly fun but, management and coporate was unbearable

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time for more than a year

Pros

The small store environment allows you to enjoy your team members and prevents cattiness. My co-workers were amazingly awesome, they made the job worth it. The discount is very generous and the benefits are great. The opportunity to make commission varies from store to store but is possible. Sales goals were tough but achievable during the good season.

Cons

The store manager often accused theft when she misplaced her belongings and was rarely on the floor
    HR doesn't know employment law

Ask store staff to evaluate SM to ensure accountability, and your HR department could cause a lawsuit if they continue to make up "federal laws"

Very tense, volatile environment. Extremely long work days, work weeks are minimum of 6 days.

I worked at Elie Tahari

Pros

If you have the stamina, strength and skin made of steal it can teach you a tremendous amount about being creative, being a perfectionist and problem solving.

Cons

Plan on giving up your entire personal life, you are expected to be on alert and working 18-20 hour days a minimum of 6 days a week...direct interaction with the owner can be hostile and volatile.

Appreciate and trust your employees...they are not indentured servants.

Little respect shown for employees, tense work environment, volatile owner

I worked at Elie Tahari

Pros

Successful brand, dynamic environment, attractive offices

Cons

Low morale, high-pressure/low appreciation environment, high turnover, both voluntary and involuntary

No teamwork exists at this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time for less than a year

Pros

Design team is talented and works hard toward the final goal of the company. There are some talented people in Design.

Cons

No support from co-workers or managers in Production. Way too large of a work load, extremely long hours and weekends at work. Decisions cannot be made without Elie- people are afraid to have a point of view.

There is no management. People are left to work alone on projects that should be collaborative. Little to no communication between departments.

Its like walking around in the dark with your hands tied behind your back.

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time

Pros

Beautiful offices, the rare occasion to have the ability to be creative

Cons

there is only one person in charge of the entire company beside Elie. Who quite frankly has her own agenda which is to keep everyone away from him as not to disclose untruths and down right lies being told to him by her, so that she can maintain complete control of him.

there will be no upper management soon, as this cunning, insecure , narci , Machavellian will undoubtedly do away with anyone who has Elie's respect, value, knowledge or expertise of their position, as this will eliminate a threat to her insecurities and lies. Its a grim situation

Worked for Elie Tahari? Contribute to the Community!