Elie Tahari
www.elietahari.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

Elie Tahari Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014
Elie Tahari – New York – “Outside Elie Tahari's boutique located in the…”

Elie Tahari Chairman & CEO Elie Tahari

Elie Tahari

Pros:
  • "Clothing allowance- if you even like the clothes they are poor quality"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Get a lot of experience, learn a lot, some really great people"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management does not effectively communicate with each other or the teams that work on the store level"
    in 6 reviews
  • "long hours, very very hard work"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

great place

I have been working at Elie Tahari part-time for less than a year

Prosgreat people, great office, great environment

Consnot many cons honestly. great environment to work in

Advice to Senior Managementn/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Elie Tahari part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat discount that can be used at all stores & clothing allowance that allows you to wear the collection without spending your money.

ConsTerrible structure! Especially in outlets. They don't look to hire people with talent or passion. They are only concerned with filling a position from management on down. My store manager was never trained and never held a management position at all and the supervisors have no retail experience. So for someone who is experienced there is a lot of frustration that comes with being the only person that takes initiative, cares about customer service, etc. If you want to see chaos come work here. They steal, come late, leave early, come hung over, look ghetto, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit your stores more often and hire competent people.

Challenging work environment

New York, NY

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time

ProsMet some very talented people who work very hard through all the obstacles. Product can be beautiful and it has a loyal customer following.

ConsWork environment can be detrimental in accomplishing positive results. There is little sense of team a great deal of turnover which makes it challenging to improve business performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove employee relations. Trust in the talented people that are part of the team. Remove fear from the business environment.

Great place to work

I have been working at Elie Tahari

ProsClothes budget, great co-workers, beautiful product

ConsPressure to meet sales goals

Rewarding the incompetent and stepping over the successful

Sales Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood amount of time off and comprehensive benefits

ConsWhere to start? This company likes to shred apart the souls of those who work hard and contribute everything they can, while they promote incompetent fools who ride off of the efforts of those below them. It was worthless to even care or suggest an excellent new idea (that was even was implemented throughout the division) because the store managers never gave you credit and called it their own. God forbid you try to educate yourself to new skills or succeed better than the managers, because there's nothing they like better than reminding you of your place.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey don't want my advice. They will cover their ears and sing la-la-la. But what the heck - Elie needs to step down and just design. He has fired the best people that ever worked for him, and run out the rest. Look at how many senior level managers that have been with you for YEARS have finally given up on you.

Corporate departments need to communicate. I can't even say to do it better, because they don't at all. Retail stores get screwed because the buyers don't communicate with operations and the warehouse, and forget getting any visual merchandise documents on time. Having SKUs uploaded on time? Never. And forget about having promotions or codes uploaded into the POS before the promotion times out.

Everyone there needs to start reassessing EVERYTHING. Because last time I checked, a successful mid-luxury store doesn't put their merchandise at 70% for three months and then switch to BOGO-free.

Don't ever work for this company

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Elie Tahari part-time for less than a year

ProsFlexible hours and scheduling for people who have children or work two jobs.

ConsThe outlet stores are run by managers who act like children but expect their employees to be perfect. It's a classic example of "Do as I say, not as I do." And they wonder why they can't keep good workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo thorough background checks on all applicants. When the store manager feels comfortable threatening employees with death, even in a joking way, she should be terminated immediately.

IT A TEMP JOB

New York, NY

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time for more than a year

ProsRead the reviews...everyone sat THE CLOTHES! Really? If they weren't free, would you ever buy them! Even free, I find very little that I like to wear.

ConsManagement turnover. Well, there is no management. There is Elie. Everyone else come to ET and it is a temporary job. Today you are the flavor of the month, tomorrow, you have spoiled. In the 2 years I was there, I saw multiple CEO's, VP's of Sales, VP's of Production, Technical Design, to name only a few heads. The middle managers, the same thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnfortunately, management is Elie, and you cannot advise the owner of a company.

Almost unbearable office environment.

I have been working at Elie Tahari

ProsNice office space, but that's about it.

ConsUnbelievably abusive office environment. Employees come to work feeling fearful. Making a mistake is not an option. Poor management, no morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have respect for employees and value them as people.

Not a pleasant place to work.

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time for more than a year

ProsClothing allowance is great and there are a lot of great, talented people. The product is great and the direction of the line is strong.

ConsNegative environment, no stability and no growth. It's not peaceful and no one is a team player. There's a lot of favoritism going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to become stable.

Stay away

I have been working at Elie Tahari full-time for more than 5 years

Prosnot a freaking thing. this place has no integrity left anymore. to say this place is unorganized, messy,cut throat,dysfunctional would actually be a compliment.

Consthe owner is letting his company get taken over by a bunch of morons who don't even know what they are producing.

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in getting the old team back or you will not be around a year from now.

Worked for Elie Tahari? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Elie Tahari reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Elie Tahari CEO Elie Tahari. All 51 reviews posted anonymously by Elie Tahari employees.