Elie Tahari

www.elietahari.com

Elie Tahari Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Elie Tahari – New York – “Outside Elie Tahari's boutique located in the…”

Elie Tahari – New York – “Outside Elie Tahari's boutique located in the…”

Elie Tahari Chairman & CEO Elie Tahari

Elie Tahari

Pros
  • Clothing allowance- if you even like the clothes they are poor quality (in 15 reviews)

• Get a lot of experience, learn a lot, some really great people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible management, long hours, cattiness, drama, lazy management workers (in 8 reviews)

• Disorganized upper management that would announce a promotion mid-day or cut a sale short of the advertised day (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Little respect shown for employees, tense work environment, volatile owner

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSuccessful brand, dynamic environment, attractive offices

ConsLow morale, high-pressure/low appreciation environment, high turnover, both voluntary and involuntary

My co-workers were amazingly fun but, management and coporate was unbearable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe small store environment allows you to enjoy your team members and prevents cattiness. My co-workers were amazingly awesome, they made the job worth it. The discount is very generous and the benefits are great. The opportunity to make commission varies from store to store but is possible. Sales goals were tough but achievable during the good season.

ConsDisorganized upper management that would announce a promotion mid-day or cut a sale short of the advertised day
    The store manager often accused theft when she misplaced her belongings and was rarely on the floor
    HR doesn't know employment law

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk store staff to evaluate SM to ensure accountability, and your HR department could cause a lawsuit if they continue to make up "federal laws"

Just ok

ProsClothing allowance and nice clothes

ConsUnprofessional management that created drama.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not Recommended- Keep Looking

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAs an employee at ET you have the opportunity to "wear many hats" so there are a lot of learning opportunities...but you're essentially on your own. There are some great employee's there, but they are the first to go.

ConsUpper Management micromanages work and expects long hours. A good person that comes to ET, may not be such a good person after a few weeks on the job, and this is only to keep their job. ET is very difficult to work with and he is "always right" and his employees are "stealing from him, every time they make a decision"...his words.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand up for your employees, they are working hard, long hours. Fight for their benefits, and pay raises! And most of all, fight to keep your good employees. Everyone deserves a little confidence in their job, especially if they are committed to their jobs and keep showing up to work.

Its like walking around in the dark with your hands tied behind your back.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBeautiful offices, the rare occasion to have the ability to be creative

Consthere is only one person in charge of the entire company beside Elie. Who quite frankly has her own agenda which is to keep everyone away from him as not to disclose untruths and down right lies being told to him by her, so that she can maintain complete control of him.

Advice to Senior Managementthere will be no upper management soon, as this cunning, insecure , narci , Machavellian will undoubtedly do away with anyone who has Elie's respect, value, knowledge or expertise of their position, as this will eliminate a threat to her insecurities and lies. Its a grim situation

No teamwork exists at this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsDesign team is talented and works hard toward the final goal of the company. There are some talented people in Design.

ConsNo support from co-workers or managers in Production. Way too large of a work load, extremely long hours and weekends at work. Decisions cannot be made without Elie- people are afraid to have a point of view.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no management. People are left to work alone on projects that should be collaborative. Little to no communication between departments.

From day 1, i did not want to return.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosthe salary was decent. My co-workers were very talented and worked really hard to produce a beautiful salable product.

ConsManager was a bully boss. Opinionated and Spiteful. She did very little work all day. Came in at 11am and then would stay late hours. Claiming there was so much to do and no one would stay to help her. She had her dinner paid for and car service paid for. She spoke spanish constantly in the office chatting most of the time. She had no respect for people who worked all day and wanted to go home to their families at the end of the day. She treated everyone like they were beneath her. No respect was given to other departments rules and guidelines.

Advice to Senior Managementif you are going to hire someone that is going to manage a team, make sure that they have human compassion and believe in a work/life balance. Someone who is trained to actually manage people.

Review for TAHARI ASL Division only

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsOnsite production team. Quality sample garments. Capable & able sample-making staff. Speed will facilitate multi-tasking abilities. Face-to-face daily interactions with vendors/suppliers.

ConsDesign mgmt in particular division lacks leadership. Office culture is incredibly hostile and negative work environment. Huge turnover rate. Belittlement is practiced on daily basis. Capable, talented people are subjected work alone and not exercise team camaraderie.

Advice to Senior ManagementThings will never change as long as old mgmt persists. Employees are human beings and deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat discount that can be used at all stores & clothing allowance that allows you to wear the collection without spending your money.

ConsTerrible structure! Especially in outlets. They don't look to hire people with talent or passion. They are only concerned with filling a position from management on down. My store manager was never trained and never held a management position at all and the supervisors have no retail experience. So for someone who is experienced there is a lot of frustration that comes with being the only person that takes initiative, cares about customer service, etc. If you want to see chaos come work here. They steal, come late, leave early, come hung over, look ghetto, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit your stores more often and hire competent people.

horrible

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThe commission can be good, the clients are loyal, pay is alright.

ConsHorrible management, long hours, cattiness, drama, lazy management workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome undercover and see what your stores and how management REALLY ARE.

Worked for Elie Tahari? Contribute to the Community!