Eliot Community Human Services Reviews

1. Clubhouse Business Unit Supervisor

Former Employee - Eliot Community Clubhouse Supervisor in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Eliot Community Clubhouse Supervisor in Lexington, MA

I worked at Eliot Community Human Services

Pros

An atmosphere of support and teamwork. There is an opportunity everyday to make a difference in someone's life. Good Salary and opportunities for training. They care about their employees.

Cons

Job can become boring in short period of time if there are no recent new members. Not enough challenging structured work for staff and members.

Review projects that do not work and eliminate them. Add more variety of responsibilities that members would like to do.

2. Company puts themselves before you.

Former Employee - Transitional Coordinator in Lynn, MA
    Former Employee - Transitional Coordinator in Lynn, MA

I worked at Eliot Community Human Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, work with good staff, benefits.

Cons

Big rift between management and employees. Need to be part of a union. You're consistently expected to come in on your days off for meetings. No opportunity for growth based on lack of discernible hierarchy.

3. Beware. Times have changed at Eliot and not for the better.

Current Employee - Service Coordinator
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator

I have been working at Eliot Community Human Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent vacation time and mileage reimbursement

A great concept- help the mentally ill population become more stable and independent.

Cons

Increase in responsibilities without increase in pay.

Politics of upper management and DMH is curtailing the mission of fostering independence and stability within this population.

High stress. Responsibility is very high. Not much support from management especially in crisis situations.

Possibility of working with very high risk clients alone in your own car or in their homes.

Very unrealistic expectations with caseload numbers very high and paperwork load always increasing.

Listen to what you employees are telling you. And realize that so many people are leaving because of the concerns of high stress, safety, unrealistic expectations, employees have no one to talk to about what they are going through on a daily basis.

CBFS

Former Employee - Mental Health Specialist
    Former Employee - Mental Health Specialist

I worked at Eliot Community Human Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The team I was on was super supportive, worked together well, and everyone was friendly and dedicated to their word. My supervisors were awesome for the most part. Despite the stressful nature of the job, my two years at Eliot were wonderful and I would go back if I were still living in MA. I always had the support I needed and if I was stressed out, I felt like I could go to my Team Leader or other supervisors to talk about it. They were always looking for more feedback and always wanting to keep everyone in the loop. They were still supportive of me to go pursue my master's degree, even if it took me to another state. There is all kind of free training that you are welcome to attend, and for folks with licenses, you can get CEU credits.

Cons

In CBFS Outreach there is a LOT of driving involved with your personal vehicle. Also, be prepared to cover other people's work on occasion- the service coordinator I was paired with went out on sick leave for my last 3-4 months, so I had to cover a 2 person caseload on my own. I got extra help on occasion, but it was very difficult and I got no extra compensation for the extra work.

6. Great, there are many programs that make up Eliot, but the clinic I worked at was well run, respectful, and effective.

Current Employee - Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in Concord, MA
    Current Employee - Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in Concord, MA

I have been working at Eliot Community Human Services part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, respect, worthwhile colleagues, and freedom to practice unencumbered by bureacracy.

Cons

Small company can only pay employees so much.

Continue hiring the right people.

7. DCF Division

Current Employee - DCF Division
    Current Employee - DCF Division

I have been working at Eliot Community Human Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The kids who stay in our programs

Cons

Pay is awful
    Zero employee appreciation
    If you're an employee who makes one mistake at your job the senior management will never look at you in a positive light again, and if you're an employee who never makes one mistake at your job the senior management will never notice you, anyway.

Members of DCF division behave in a clique-like manner, and appear unapproachable to the rest of us.

8. Great benefits, lousy pay

I have been working at Eliot Community Human Services

Pros

They really care about the population they serve.

Cons

They do not care about their own employees. Overall, the attitude appears to be more "leave if you're not satisfied" rather than, what can we do to improve on a situation.
    No raises, lousy pay....promises that never come to fruition.

All directors should be on the same page for all sites. Each site runs differently, including pay raises, respect for employees.

9. Eliot EI has been a great learing expercice for me over the last 5

Current Employee - Devlopmental Specialist in Malden, MA
    Current Employee - Devlopmental Specialist in Malden, MA

Pros

very suppertive co workers rewarding job

Cons

paper work, emotionally, draining, red tape politics

pay rise, more supportive suppervion

10. great place to work

Current Employee - Clinician
    Current Employee - Clinician

Pros

staff are here because they care
    management is supportive
    opportunities for promotions
    great training and CE's

Cons

Dont know enough about all of our other programs

11. Care Coordinator

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malden, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malden, MA

Pros

Supportive work environment. Company provides lots of training and there are many opportunities for growth within the division and company. Great co-workers.

Cons

Job is challenging, but love the work!