Eliot Management

Well Compensated Employee

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My commissions are paid daily; and, I can (with work) make a lot of money in a hurry. There is some flexibility in the afternoons.
    The office is in North Austin!

Cons

It can take a few weeks to get up to speed. The training takes a few days; and then it took me a while to get my first sales. It was a squeeze my first month.

A draw on commission would have helped at the start

did'nt like the company

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time

Pros

6 years and have worn many hats in the company. My tenure and experience has allowed me to not only understand the ins-and-outs of insurance, but also to service hundreds of families regarding their protection need

Cons

ud to work with a company who’s been serving satisfied customers for over 80 years. Customers count on outstanding financial str

Don't do it

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Teaches hard lessons about poor management can effect everyone.

Cons

Pyramid scheme that will drain you. Sell you the dream. All commission. Anyone can get hired.

It's the perfect place to work!

Former Employee - Account Representative
    Former Employee - Account Representative

I worked at Eliot Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's the perfect place to work if you like to set your own schedule.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to be paid minimum wage while you listen to what they call "training"
    It's the perfect place to work if you buy the hype that you'll be making six figures in your first year.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to be the most senior new rep after six weeks of working there.

Cons

It's the perfect place to work if you want to constantly field complaints from customers who's rep quit.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to try to figure out how to put gas in your car to go to your next appointment.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to burn that gas driving your manager all over town
    It's the perfect place to work if you're OK that you have to drive him because his $60,000 truck burns too much gas.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to see pictures of your assistant manager hiking in Iceland & the Phillipines.
    It's the perfect place to work if you think training consists of "make 100 calls a day".
    It's the perfect place to work if you buy that out of 500 calls a week you'll set 25 appointments.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to sign up your friends and family for poor service before you quit.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to explain to them why you leased them a $200 terminal for almost $3,400.
    It's the perfect place to work if you accept that you won't have insurance for over a year.

Yeah. It's the perfect place to work.

What would it matter? Management doesn't want you to succeed at EMG. They want the revolving door of employees to come in, sign their friends and family to three year contracts with a $500 cancellation fee and four year leases for equipment. Once you've done that, they want you to quit so they can keep the residuals for themselves rather than paying their reps.

Good luck getting paid

I have been working at Eliot Management

Pros

The recruiter seemed to like her job and was enthusiastic about how she came about coming to this company. She was knowledgeable in this particular field and had a great demeanor.

Cons

The management follow through in ensuring employees got their training paid was lacking.Several of the trainees in our class were seeking payment His attention seemed to be distracted by his cell phone.

Follow through with getting paid is lacking and the manager didn't seem to care about anything other than his employee outbound calls and his incoming texts

Lies about everything.

I worked at Eliot Management full-time

Pros

Opportunity to make loads of commission based money.

Cons

My manager was racist, sexist, and rude.
    I was lied to about the reputation of the company which I found out the hard way.
    Also learned that their sales reps like to lie to clients about anything that will get them the sale.
    The whole experience was disgraceful.

subpar sales job

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Eliot Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was close to home. Thats about it

Cons

The strategy for generating sales was poor. The training wasn't much more that the management repeating themselves over and over but never actually doing anything to help. It was a very "their way or the highway" attitude that didn't allow you to find your own groove.

Very difficult for reps to be successful at this company, high turnover rates.

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are quite a few good people who try hard. That's about all I can really say about the company in a positive aspect there.

Cons

100% commission for reps. They are REQUIRED to be in the office at 8AM for meetings, call jams from 9AM-12PM. You are out in the field in the afternoons and have to report back to your office by 4:30PM for a daily wrap up. You have call expectations that you MUST hit, along with scheduled appointments and meetings in the field. You are berated and frowned upon if you DO NOT hit your call targets. EMG has a very bad name in the public view due primarily to the way EMG treats their merchants. The industry alone is a tough industry to make money in but bundle in the poor customer service and treatment of merchants, you get EMG with a bad name. Do a BBB serach on EMG BEFORE you go to work for them. A very bad rating. If you do end up making money at EMG, the commissions can be good but in order to qualify for high commissions you have to put merchants in high rates with lengthy contracts. Most merchants are keen to this and will not allow this. Or you have to lease them 200$ credit card machines for $49.95 for 4 years to make a decent commission. What kind of business model is this? A poor one and you're hurting the merchant by doing so. You will

Be honest. This isn't an MLM. You advise District Managers to sell the dream to reps. You aren't honest with these reps. VERY few make it to the point that they're successful with EMG. Those that do, are an anomaly compared to the largest share who are not successful.

Depends on your manager

I worked at Eliot Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

high income potential
    if you have a good manager, can be fun to work there

Cons

bad upper management, hard sales tactics
    cold calling

Pay a minimum wage
    better train management

Growing by Leaps and Bounds

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Compensation, High Morale, Great Structure.

Cons

Churn and burn in a very competitive industry.

Definitely heading in the right direction.