Eliot Management Reviews

1. Portland is a great office

Current Employee - Account Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I'm working with people who care. This is a tough business and most merchants don't want to talk to you but when you can finally get through to those that do, we can usually save them a lot of money. That's not the part that keeps me here. Its the attitude of my co-workers. They truly want to help our clients. We want to make sure their not getting ripped off. Not all offices are like this one and I am grateful that I am here. Customer service and agent support are fantastic and the pay is good as well.

Cons

Training is lacking on a company wide basis. They also need to work with the current reps to help orphaned merchants who no longer have a rep.

Advice to Management

We have holes in our customer service. Merchants don't want a customer service number as much as they want a live person to talk to. Stop putting 100% of your focus on how many MID's you needed for the week and start directing some of that focus to your current clients who need help in upgrading. Those clients don't want to talk to someone on the phone, they want a person to be face to face with them. Start working with your local reps to help these merchants.

Horrible Work Ethics

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Eliot Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are none with this company

Cons

First and foremost is the lack of training, you pretty much are left to learn as you go. Mean while if your not signing deals your not making any money. Management is only concerned with meeting their quota so they get their bonuses, even if this means costing the rep a large part of their commission. Favoritism is clearly alive within this company, the reps that are producing will occupy the majority of the managements time and the others are pretty much hung out to dry. Its sad when a rep who has been with the company for over 2 years and should know what they are doing gets all the help and a rep who has only been there 1 month is expected to run their own appointments. From day one management will keep trying to sell you on the Eliot Dream, which is nothing more than a load of crap. Only a few reps ever actually make any real money, In one year I have seen over 20 reps come and go. Sexual harassment, sexual innuendos and racially insensitive comments and jokes are often over look and sometimes even made by management. The company expects you to pay for all of your gas and provide your own car, pray your making money. They often offer contest for additional bonuses, the problem is most often you as the rep have to hound them about them or they will some how forget to pay you.

Advice to Management

Your company seriously needs to overhaul your compensation plan and your employee handbook and actually enforce it!

Sales Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great up-front pay on accounts signed, residual income from maintaining your clients is great plus it rewards you for being honest and ethical from the very beginning. Many different ways to be paid. Right people can make 6 figures in 1st year, average individuals can make 6 figures after 2-3 years. Your base increases year over year just for doing what you need to in order to make your commission.

Cons

Not for every person. Commission position until residual income is accrued. Have heard some Management isn't as dedicated as others. The Spokane Manager has excellent training and support so I haven't experienced what some people say in other reviews .

Advice to Management

Continue giving everything you have to new Reps, they truly need your support and attention for the first couple of months. I firmly believe the support from my manager was the only reason I have been so successful.

5. Terrible

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Eliot Management

Pros

None at all. Awful terrible company.

Cons

Don't get payed as promised.

company demands that you work for free. The management steel your leads and your contracts by stalling the installs.

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Eliot Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

if you love to work for free this is the place for you. you are required to be there with no pay. Illegal as all get out.

Cons

working for free. I dont mind being 100% commission but if you demand my time at office making cold calls for you then pay me at least minimum wage. After all that is the law
    you work your butt off getting leads then they reschedule your prospects and dont tell you.

Advice to Management

stop steeling from people
    NEVER reschedule an appointment that is not yours unless you contact the sales assoc first.

Great Ethical Company who cares about the growth and development of their staff

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent Pay, Daily Pay, Great training, Fun Environment, continuing education, career advancement, great benefits
    I have worked with Eliot for over 2 years and if you are willing to work in proven process you will do well. High turnover is not based on eliot management group, it is based on lazy sales reps who want to be paid for minimal work. Never had issue recriving compensation, very ethical to merchants

Cons

challenging industry, requires average to advance sales skills, must be willing to adhere to sales processes

Advice to Management

ramp up salary for first month

Well Compensated Employee

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My commissions are paid daily; and, I can (with work) make a lot of money in a hurry. There is some flexibility in the afternoons.
    The office is in North Austin!

Cons

It can take a few weeks to get up to speed. The training takes a few days; and then it took me a while to get my first sales. It was a squeeze my first month.

Advice to Management

A draw on commission would have helped at the start

9. did'nt like the company

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time

Pros

6 years and have worn many hats in the company. My tenure and experience has allowed me to not only understand the ins-and-outs of insurance, but also to service hundreds of families regarding their protection need

Cons

ud to work with a company who’s been serving satisfied customers for over 80 years. Customers count on outstanding financial str

10. Don't do it

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Teaches hard lessons about poor management can effect everyone.

Cons

Pyramid scheme that will drain you. Sell you the dream. All commission. Anyone can get hired.

11. Sales Rep

I have been working at Eliot Management

Pros

Good Co workers, Good Location

Cons

Minimum pay and for bad morals and ethics

Advice to Management

It would be best to train you reps to sell correctly rather than to pad their pockets and lie to get the sale.