Eliot Management Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Ron Dichter

Awesome company to win for

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great money, ethical, great support from management, always get paid on time

Cons

None at all good company, competitive market but great pay with great benefits

Advice to Management

Open more offices

You need to control you own Earnings

Former Employee - Account Representative in West Linn, OR
    Former Employee - Account Representative in West Linn, OR

I worked at Eliot Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Introduction into Credit card payment systems operations

Cons

All statements about Managers attempting to steal you contacts are true. Keep your possible good clients to your self, do not share them with Managers. Other reps and Managers will step all over them in an attempt to steal them.

Advice to Management

Let the Rep communicate with the client who got their foot in the door, Several times my clients would ask me to return with out that person I came with.

3. Poor Company

Former Employee - District Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - District Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Eliot Management (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay great benifits as long as you are a manager or above.

Cons

Upper Management does not care about their employees, they only care about making numbers and quotas.

Advice to Management

Retain managers that made a difference in a poor market that made it successful.

5. CHOP SHOP

I worked at Eliot Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really have NOTHING good to say about the company!

Cons

It was apparent from day 1 that this place (I can't even call it a company) was the biggest joke I have ever been a part of. The management in local offices are completely inept on all levels. Be prepared to be a glorified telemarketer and beg for appointments because their reputation is so bad that NOBODY wants to even entertain the thought of having you in their office. This is the bottom of the barrel and if their is any advice I could give anyone (educated or not) SELL USED CARS before going to an interview with these clowns.

Advice to Management

A training program would be a good start. I thought the 45 min sales training dvd that spent 10 mins telling me to have a firm handshake was a little on the weak side.

A Burn and Turn company

Former Employee - Aflac Associate in South Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Aflac Associate in South Seattle, WA

I worked at Eliot Management

Pros

None unless you like being used

Cons

required to work full time without even so much as minimum wage. Yes you will get commission after product is installed.
    They bank on you making appointments so they can take them when you leave.
    Eliot just makes money off your hard work leaving you NOTHING not even minimum wage for your time. R U N

Advice to Management

Pay minimum wage or let people be a 1099

The biggest Joke on earth.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Eliot Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing at all. I do not recommend this company to my worse enemy.

Cons

You go to work, make phone calls ALL day out of a phone book, in a tiny little cubical with no computer because "computers are a distraction."

Manager just walks around sipping his coffee making sure you are calling to schedule money making appointments for him.

I got up after an hour of sitting there and walked out. Along with 5 others.

In addition, on the day of my interview, there was a 19 year old girl who was walking with me to their office suite. She asked me if I knew anything about the company because she didn't. I thought to myself "why would you come to an interview and not do your research about the company the night before?" Listening to her interview outside the door, the manager asked her why she wants the job... Her response: "Cuz I like to shop with MONIES and buy clothes to go club with my friends" the got the job... What. The....???

Advice to Management

Just go band put your head into a toilet, flush it and when you start to see the light... Keep moving towards it.

Horrible Work Ethics

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Eliot Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none with this company

Cons

First and foremost is the lack of training, you pretty much are left to learn as you go. Mean while if your not signing deals your not making any money. Management is only concerned with meeting their quota so they get their bonuses, even if this means costing the rep a large part of their commission. Favoritism is clearly alive within this company, the reps that are producing will occupy the majority of the managements time and the others are pretty much hung out to dry. Its sad when a rep who has been with the company for over 2 years and should know what they are doing gets all the help and a rep who has only been there 1 month is expected to run their own appointments. From day one management will keep trying to sell you on the Eliot Dream, which is nothing more than a load of crap. Only a few reps ever actually make any real money, In one year I have seen over 20 reps come and go. Sexual harassment, sexual innuendos and racially insensitive comments and jokes are often over look and sometimes even made by management. The company expects you to pay for all of your gas and provide your own car, pray your making money. They often offer contest for additional bonuses, the problem is most often you as the rep have to hound them about them or they will some how forget to pay you.

Advice to Management

Your company seriously needs to overhaul your compensation plan and your employee handbook and actually enforce it!

9. Portland is a great office

Current Employee - Account Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm working with people who care. This is a tough business and most merchants don't want to talk to you but when you can finally get through to those that do, we can usually save them a lot of money. That's not the part that keeps me here. Its the attitude of my co-workers. They truly want to help our clients. We want to make sure their not getting ripped off. Not all offices are like this one and I am grateful that I am here. Customer service and agent support are fantastic and the pay is good as well.

Cons

Training is lacking on a company wide basis. They also need to work with the current reps to help orphaned merchants who no longer have a rep.

Advice to Management

We have holes in our customer service. Merchants don't want a customer service number as much as they want a live person to talk to. Stop putting 100% of your focus on how many MID's you needed for the week and start directing some of that focus to your current clients who need help in upgrading. Those clients don't want to talk to someone on the phone, they want a person to be face to face with them. Start working with your local reps to help these merchants.

Sales Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great up-front pay on accounts signed, residual income from maintaining your clients is great plus it rewards you for being honest and ethical from the very beginning. Many different ways to be paid. Right people can make 6 figures in 1st year, average individuals can make 6 figures after 2-3 years. Your base increases year over year just for doing what you need to in order to make your commission.

Cons

Not for every person. Commission position until residual income is accrued. Have heard some Management isn't as dedicated as others. The Spokane Manager has excellent training and support so I haven't experienced what some people say in other reviews .

Advice to Management

Continue giving everything you have to new Reps, they truly need your support and attention for the first couple of months. I firmly believe the support from my manager was the only reason I have been so successful.

Terrible

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Eliot Management

Pros

None at all. Awful terrible company.

Cons

Don't get payed as promised.

RSS Feed </> Embed