Eliot Management

Updated February 16, 2015
Updated February 16, 2015
2.6

Ron Dichter

Portland is a great office

Current Employee - Account Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I'm working with people who care. This is a tough business and most merchants don't want to talk to you but when you can finally get through to those that do, we can usually save them a lot of money. That's not the part that keeps me here. Its the attitude of my co-workers. They truly want to help our clients. We want to make sure their not getting ripped off. Not all offices are like this one and I am grateful that I am here. Customer service and agent support are fantastic and the pay is good as well.

Cons

Training is lacking on a company wide basis. They also need to work with the current reps to help orphaned merchants who no longer have a rep.

We have holes in our customer service. Merchants don't want a customer service number as much as they want a live person to talk to. Stop putting 100% of your focus on how many MID's you needed for the week and start directing some of that focus to your current clients who need help in upgrading. Those clients don't want to talk to someone on the phone, they want a person to be face to face with them. Start working with your local reps to help these merchants.

Sales Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great up-front pay on accounts signed, residual income from maintaining your clients is great plus it rewards you for being honest and ethical from the very beginning. Many different ways to be paid. Right people can make 6 figures in 1st year, average individuals can make 6 figures after 2-3 years. Your base increases year over year just for doing what you need to in order to make your commission.

Cons

Not for every person. Commission position until residual income is accrued. Have heard some Management isn't as dedicated as others. The Spokane Manager has excellent training and support so I haven't experienced what some people say in other reviews .

Continue giving everything you have to new Reps, they truly need your support and attention for the first couple of months. I firmly believe the support from my manager was the only reason I have been so successful.

Great Ethical Company who cares about the growth and development of their staff

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent Pay, Daily Pay, Great training, Fun Environment, continuing education, career advancement, great benefits
    I have worked with Eliot for over 2 years and if you are willing to work in proven process you will do well. High turnover is not based on eliot management group, it is based on lazy sales reps who want to be paid for minimal work. Never had issue recriving compensation, very ethical to merchants

Cons

challenging industry, requires average to advance sales skills, must be willing to adhere to sales processes

ramp up salary for first month

Well Compensated Employee

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My commissions are paid daily; and, I can (with work) make a lot of money in a hurry. There is some flexibility in the afternoons.
    The office is in North Austin!

Cons

It can take a few weeks to get up to speed. The training takes a few days; and then it took me a while to get my first sales. It was a squeeze my first month.

A draw on commission would have helped at the start

did'nt like the company

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time

Pros

6 years and have worn many hats in the company. My tenure and experience has allowed me to not only understand the ins-and-outs of insurance, but also to service hundreds of families regarding their protection need

Cons

ud to work with a company who’s been serving satisfied customers for over 80 years. Customers count on outstanding financial str

Don't do it

I have been working at Eliot Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Teaches hard lessons about poor management can effect everyone.

Cons

Pyramid scheme that will drain you. Sell you the dream. All commission. Anyone can get hired.

Sales Rep

I have been working at Eliot Management

Pros

Good Co workers, Good Location

Cons

Minimum pay and for bad morals and ethics

It would be best to train you reps to sell correctly rather than to pad their pockets and lie to get the sale.

It's the perfect place to work!

Former Employee - Account Representative
    Former Employee - Account Representative

I worked at Eliot Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's the perfect place to work if you like to set your own schedule.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to be paid minimum wage while you listen to what they call "training"
    It's the perfect place to work if you buy the hype that you'll be making six figures in your first year.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to be the most senior new rep after six weeks of working there.

Cons

It's the perfect place to work if you want to constantly field complaints from customers who's rep quit.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to try to figure out how to put gas in your car to go to your next appointment.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to burn that gas driving your manager all over town
    It's the perfect place to work if you're OK that you have to drive him because his $60,000 truck burns too much gas.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to see pictures of your assistant manager hiking in Iceland & the Phillipines.
    It's the perfect place to work if you think training consists of "make 100 calls a day".
    It's the perfect place to work if you buy that out of 500 calls a week you'll set 25 appointments.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to sign up your friends and family for poor service before you quit.
    It's the perfect place to work if you want to explain to them why you leased them a $200 terminal for almost $3,400.
    It's the perfect place to work if you accept that you won't have insurance for over a year.

Yeah. It's the perfect place to work.

What would it matter? Management doesn't want you to succeed at EMG. They want the revolving door of employees to come in, sign their friends and family to three year contracts with a $500 cancellation fee and four year leases for equipment. Once you've done that, they want you to quit so they can keep the residuals for themselves rather than paying their reps.

Good luck getting paid

I have been working at Eliot Management

Pros

The recruiter seemed to like her job and was enthusiastic about how she came about coming to this company. She was knowledgeable in this particular field and had a great demeanor.

Cons

The management follow through in ensuring employees got their training paid was lacking.Several of the trainees in our class were seeking payment His attention seemed to be distracted by his cell phone.

Follow through with getting paid is lacking and the manager didn't seem to care about anything other than his employee outbound calls and his incoming texts

subpar sales job

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Eliot Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It was close to home. Thats about it

Cons

The strategy for generating sales was poor. The training wasn't much more that the management repeating themselves over and over but never actually doing anything to help. It was a very "their way or the highway" attitude that didn't allow you to find your own groove.