Elitch Gardens

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fun place to work.

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Elitch Gardens as an intern for more than a year

ProsYou're working at an amusement park. This meant it was quite acceptable to joke around while still getting your job done. In addition, it was a great learning experience

ConsI didn't experience too many issues while working at Elitch Gardens. An improvement would be for the departments to work more closely together.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the departments work together more. Sometimes it seemed like each department was only trying to do what was best for the department, rather than the entire company.

Bottom of the Barrel

I worked at Elitch Gardens full-time for less than a year

Prosfree tickets, but aftering working youself to death you'll tear those up. No one wnats to visit this place on their day off.

ConsThey treat you like your in high school
They pay you like your in high school
the cafeteria sucks and is digusting,

Advice to Senior Managementchange everything, drug test your ride operators. Redo the cafeteria, and show some respect to your employees, they work hard for low wages.

An abyss of incompetence

I worked at Elitch Gardens

ProsWorking in amusement parks is a really different experience. Elitch has all the basic perks - unique working environment, roller coaster rides for free, etc. I've also made some really good friends through mutual suffering.

ConsI could rant on the ridiculousness of showing up 30 minutes early to work to wait on a van before you can even clock in. Or not being allowed to LEAVE THE PARK WHEN YOU CLOCK OUT.
The Biggest problem is ''Welcome to Elitch's" - that's the response you get when you point out a huge problem that no one is taking responsbility for. It is what is is - Welcome to Elitch's. As if the pavement itself is responsible for the complete unwillingness of anyone in the chain of command to take responsibility and fix things.
The skill I mastered at Elitch Gardens was how to effectively pass responsibility on to someone else and take credit for their work later.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't threaten to fire your employees when they don't want to work 60+ hours a week one week, then have the overtime hours ''pushed'' to the next week so you can avoid paying overtime. pretty sure it violates labor law.

Fun atmosphere but management could maintain it better

Intern (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Elitch Gardens as an intern for less than a year

ProsFree entry with park ID, cheap food and retail discount, also loved being able to test rides when the operators needed to test them

ConsScheduling is not consistent. My supervisor was good about my schedule, but in other departments I had heard of people taking the bus to the park and then being told they have to go home because they don't actually have to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more consistent with scheduling. Also maintain the fun, positive atmosphere better, with some managers it's obvious that they don't like their job.

Character Building

Ride Operator (Former Employee)

I worked at Elitch Gardens full-time for less than a year

ProsI work in Kiddieland and interacting with the kids was great! The supervisors of that area are the best. All of us Kiddieland workers were really close and got along very well. Everybody did what was necessary to get the job done, nd then at the end of the day, we would converge at the ball pit and talk about our exeriences with the guests while preparing to go home. We didn't have any real drama, and the friends you made here you would definately want to keep in contact with.

ConsThey are very strict reguarding personal appearence there- more than once girls have been in HR removing figernail polish because it 'follow the guidelines'. Scheduling is sometimes hectic and can interfere with schooling. People cross-train but not often-if your in kiddieland your pretty much stuck there. A lot of people quit all throughout the season so, someone here today can be gone tomarrow without a word.

Do not work here

I worked at Elitch Gardens

Pros2 free passes to the park for every 100 hours you work.

ConsThey never give their employees any feedback. I was a manager. I constantly gave feedback to my employees, but I felt other managers were lacking in this. They promote their friends rather than people who deserve to be promoted. Luckily, I kissed ass and became a manager. They spend very little money on making employees and customers happy. They never replace broken equipment. They schedule a lot of employees on slow days, and very few employees on busy days. Cafeteria with expensive disgusting food.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers better, fix broken equipment, and put more emphasis improving working conditions for employees so they can provide better customer service.

Worked for Elitch Gardens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Elitch Gardens reviews and ratings. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Elitch Gardens employees.