Elite Marketing Interactions

Elite Marketing Interactions Reviews

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Work /Life balance is very difficult to maintain. The work never stops.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed having a few days a week I could work from home because really that was the only time I was able to be home because I always had to be out in the stores.

ConsConstant work. Training from corporate needs to come a bit further so that the ground level employees can become more competent

Advice to Senior Managementneed to learn to communicate better

No pay increases no matter how many years employed or bonuses for good work/sales.

ProsEasy hours. Flexible schedule. Great customers.

ConsNo pay increases or bonuses for job well done. Managers (leads) often use their position to take long breaks, influence hiring decisions in favor of friends. No regular set amount of hours each week.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck up on those who you hire as leads for stores and make sure they are good leaders- giving praise as well as suggestions for improvement only directly to employees, not to those who are not working for this company!

More of a hobby than a job

Regional Trainer (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are just looking for a little extra spending money or a way to get out of the house and interact with people you will be happy with this job. You will only work 1-3 days a week for no more than 7 hours a shift.

If you are looking a full-time job that lets you set your schedule, for the most part, you will be able to do that as an Area Manager or District Manager.

ConsThe pay at this company is terribly low. If you are a sales associate, no incentives or raises are available. Even if you are with the company for 10 years you won't even get a 10 cent raise.

Area Managers start off only making a little over $40K for 60-80 hours of work. As an Area Manager you will be over worked, hardly able to take a break (there is no one else to pick up the slack when you go on vacation), and poorly supported by the Grand Rapids Corporate Office.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your Area Managers and actually spend time in stores outside of Grand Rapids so you can gain realistic expectations.

Also, get a better sales team and treat your sales advisors better. The only way you will be able to keep up with the competition is if you have competitive pay and competitive incentives.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for extra spending cash

Trusted Sales Advisor (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsHours are flexible and short shifts

ConsNo pay raises
    Nothing ever changes and there are never enough employees or hours

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some employee appreciation

Dissatisfied Sales Advisor

Trusted Sales Advisor (Current Employee) Plainwell, MI

ProsEasy work,work sames days of the week most of the time.

ConsNo raises EVER! My co worker was been with the company since 2004 and never received a raise other when minimum wage goes up. They give us bonus's to recruit new hires ,but it's like pulling teeth to actually get the money. Management sucks. I am currently having problem with bullying from the a Meijer employee and Elite management has not stepped up to help resolve this problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementDistrict management needs to spend more time in ALL their stores. They need to be hands on .....and god forbid ,please help an Advisor when they need it. Don't blow us off because we are under your pay grade.

Trusted Sales Advisor (Current Employee) Cadillac, MI

ProsWorking with customers handing out samples

ConsEmployer do not listen to reg employees about Leads

Advice to Senior ManagementLeads are terrible, also teachers are pets of company managers, reg workers treated bad.no respect.
    If a regular employee tells management the leads are stealing and treat reg employee bad, yelling and change rules on their moods per day or minute and so then management tells you your your nit picky and complainer They basically tell you your a lair and trouble maker. Cant keep reg employees because of this and company don't understand or listen. .I had problem with the last 2 leads and ended up quitting to take new job
    Because I wrote letter on what lead has been doing they caused it so the new job offer was with drawn, so now I have no job.
    So sad managers have favorites and in their eyes can do no wrong and they get all the hours and others never know if they will get hours or not.
    So sad I would have never left because loved my job. If leads weren't so power hungry and think they are CEO's and management don't listen to their hard workers.
     I most of the time sold out of all the products and never missed any days. I was hard worker and they didn't care.
    They ones who miss work a lot, always get it OK here is some gas money to get in and then they still no show. . Company need better leadership and managers. I was a lead for 3 years at another company and was passed over the lead job because I was honest with managements on what going on when they are not there.
    So they knew the leads where doing against the rules. I still be there today if management did their jobs and listen to the employees and have in their mind the teachers pet can do no wrong. . .

Easy,fun,great pay.

Sales Advisor (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGood hours no late night work.Light chore requirements

ConsOnly offers part time positions at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Working for Elite Marketing Interactions in Grand Rapids

Area Manager (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

Proswork out of home- decent salary until you get an award - good benefits- works great for those who are very self motivated. Started at $42k/yr ended at $46k/ yr. Company pays gas mileage.

ConsManagement was very aggressive and domineering to a degree of being degrading. Also the company wants only to hire profile people which were slated between 18 and 40.

Advice to Senior Managementreign in your middle management.

its an ok job - not for everyone

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Portland, OR

Prosgood bonus stryucture but changes frequently

Conspaychecks vary and bonuses are delayed

Advice to Senior Managementhire people with cars!

Mostly Good

Sales Advisor (Current Employee) Saginaw, MI

ProsIt's a fun job if you actually do the job. The busy days move so quickly and when you make a sell, you feel so good about yourself and your competence to do the job.

ConsYou get so few hours, it sometimes feels like you aren't making enough money to be worth your time. Also, you often won't know your schedule for the weekend until Wednesday evening.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't talk about other employees behind their backs - it makes the employee listening to you wonder if you say things about him/her too.

Worked for Elite Marketing Interactions? Contribute to the Community!