Elite Marketing Interactions

Updated March 21, 2014
Updated March 21, 2014
2.5

CEO

Work /Life balance is very difficult to maintain. The work never stops.

I worked at Elite Marketing Interactions full-time

Pros

I enjoyed having a few days a week I could work from home because really that was the only time I was able to be home because I always had to be out in the stores.

Cons

Constant work. Training from corporate needs to come a bit further so that the ground level employees can become more competent

need to learn to communicate better

No pay increases no matter how many years employed or bonuses for good work/sales.

I have been working at Elite Marketing Interactions part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy hours. Flexible schedule. Great customers.

Cons

No pay increases or bonuses for job well done. Managers (leads) often use their position to take long breaks, influence hiring decisions in favor of friends. No regular set amount of hours each week.

Check up on those who you hire as leads for stores and make sure they are good leaders- giving praise as well as suggestions for improvement only directly to employees, not to those who are not working for this company!

More of a hobby than a job

Current Employee - Regional Trainer
    Current Employee - Regional Trainer

I have been working at Elite Marketing Interactions part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are just looking for a little extra spending money or a way to get out of the house and interact with people you will be happy with this job. You will only work 1-3 days a week for no more than 7 hours a shift.

If you are looking a full-time job that lets you set your schedule, for the most part, you will be able to do that as an Area Manager or District Manager.

Cons

The pay at this company is terribly low. If you are a sales associate, no incentives or raises are available. Even if you are with the company for 10 years you won't even get a 10 cent raise.

Area Managers start off only making a little over $40K for 60-80 hours of work. As an Area Manager you will be over worked, hardly able to take a break (there is no one else to pick up the slack when you go on vacation), and poorly supported by the Grand Rapids Corporate Office.

Listen to your Area Managers and actually spend time in stores outside of Grand Rapids so you can gain realistic expectations.

Also, get a better sales team and treat your sales advisors better. The only way you will be able to keep up with the competition is if you have competitive pay and competitive incentives.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for extra spending cash

Current Employee - Trusted Sales Advisor  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Trusted Sales Advisor in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

Hours are flexible and short shifts

Cons

No pay raises
    Nothing ever changes and there are never enough employees or hours

Show some employee appreciation

Dissatisfied Sales Advisor

Current Employee - Trusted Sales Advisor  in  Plainwell, MI
    Current Employee - Trusted Sales Advisor in Plainwell, MI

Pros

Easy work,work sames days of the week most of the time.

Cons

No raises EVER! My co worker was been with the company since 2004 and never received a raise other when minimum wage goes up. They give us bonus's to recruit new hires ,but it's like pulling teeth to actually get the money. Management sucks. I am currently having problem with bullying from the a Meijer employee and Elite management has not stepped up to help resolve this problem.

District management needs to spend more time in ALL their stores. They need to be hands on .....and god forbid ,please help an Advisor when they need it. Don't blow us off because we are under your pay grade.

Leads are terrible, also teachers are pets of company managers, reg workers treated bad.no respect.

Current Employee - Trusted Sales Advisor  in  Cadillac, MI
    Current Employee - Trusted Sales Advisor in Cadillac, MI

I have been working at Elite Marketing Interactions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with customers handing out samples

Cons

Employer do not listen to reg employees about Leads

If a regular employee tells management the leads are stealing and treat reg employee bad, yelling and change rules on their moods per day or minute and so then management tells you your your nit picky and complainer They basically tell you your a lair and trouble maker. Cant keep reg employees because of this and company don't understand or listen. .I had problem with the last 2 leads and ended up quitting to take new job
    Because I wrote letter on what lead has been doing they caused it so the new job offer was with drawn, so now I have no job.
    So sad managers have favorites and in their eyes can do no wrong and they get all the hours and others never know if they will get hours or not.
    So sad I would have never left because loved my job. If leads weren't so power hungry and think they are CEO's and management don't listen to their hard workers.
     I most of the time sold out of all the products and never missed any days. I was hard worker and they didn't care.
    They ones who miss work a lot, always get it OK here is some gas money to get in and then they still no show. . Company need better leadership and managers. I was a lead for 3 years at another company and was passed over the lead job because I was honest with managements on what going on when they are not there.
    So they knew the leads where doing against the rules. I still be there today if management did their jobs and listen to the employees and have in their mind the teachers pet can do no wrong. . .

Easy,fun,great pay.

Current Employee - Sales Advisor  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Auburn Hills, MI

Pros

Good hours no late night work.Light chore requirements

Cons

Only offers part time positions at this time.

N/A

Working for Elite Marketing Interactions in Grand Rapids

Former Employee - Area Manager  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Elite Marketing Interactions

Pros

work out of home- decent salary until you get an award - good benefits- works great for those who are very self motivated. Started at $42k/yr ended at $46k/ yr. Company pays gas mileage.

Cons

Management was very aggressive and domineering to a degree of being degrading. Also the company wants only to hire profile people which were slated between 18 and 40.

reign in your middle management.

its an ok job - not for everyone

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Elite Marketing Interactions

Pros

good bonus stryucture but changes frequently

Cons

paychecks vary and bonuses are delayed

hire people with cars!

Mostly Good

Current Employee - Sales Advisor  in  Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Elite Marketing Interactions

Pros

It's a fun job if you actually do the job. The busy days move so quickly and when you make a sell, you feel so good about yourself and your competence to do the job.

Cons

You get so few hours, it sometimes feels like you aren't making enough money to be worth your time. Also, you often won't know your schedule for the weekend until Wednesday evening.

Don't talk about other employees behind their backs - it makes the employee listening to you wonder if you say things about him/her too.

Worked for Elite Marketing Interactions? Contribute to the Community!