Elite Medical Scribes

Marcin J. Kubiak, MBA

Excellent experience!

Anonymous (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsI was offered a position 3 days after my interview, and began working 1 week later. I have never had a problem getting in touch with someone in HR or management. Suggestions have been received and responded to in a timely manner. The providers I've worked with are nothing but appreciative of the assistance provided, whether they're able to go home on time, see more patients each day, or increase their reimbursement levels.

ConsThe unpaid training stinks a little, but it's really 30-50 hours online, which you can do from your couch in your PJs, and then 5 shifts on site. They reimburse for 50% of your fuel costs, so it's not a complete wash.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you're doing please!

Great experience but HR is lacking in both the hiring process and internal affairs.

ER Medical Scribe (Current Employee)
    Owatonna, MN

ProsGreat experience to work as medical scribe for pre-med students.
    Most physicians are very helpful and enjoy helping scribes learn the medical field.
    Scribes needed so they are willing to give most people a chance to work for them.
    National company so many hospital locations.

ConsI applied for ED job while going to school, but they only offered me 8-5 departments jobs. Had to request a specific department (ED) before getting hired even though my application and interview stated what I was available to do. The HR in general is severely difficult to work with. For example, I have been trying to transfer hospitals through the company for 3 months now with getting a response from them only once every couple weeks. Very frustrating.

Possibly the worst company to work for! Lots of reasons, low pay, no paid training.. there is more.

ProsYou work with doctors in the ER and see almost everything.

ConsThis seems like a dream job and the company portrays themselves as a great fit for medical students. This job actually pays a little over 9.00 an hr which seems low since you are writing all of the charts for the doctors. Sadly there is unpaid training for 2 months, one month you study online on your own and you have five shifts on the floor. The computer system is terribly confusing and you are supposed to know what your doing by the second day and if you do not, there is pressure from your trainer. I was trained on the last day with a different person that trained completely different than the other and was making me feel as if I didm;t know what I was doing. The people training you make you feel totally uncomfortable, condescending and one person didn't even look you in the eyes when they were talking to you. They give you a surprise quiz which they do not mention to you and the study material wasn't even on their Online learning website so you can study this. However, at the end of your training shift, they expect you to know all the diagnosis and medical terminology and the correct spelling of pharmaceutical drugs which is absurd! It is so much information it is just overwhelming.

On top of everything the company tells you that they will pay for gas during training which at then end equaled out to $100, but if they choose to discontinue the training, you see no reimbursement whatsoever. If they decide to make this decision, you have put so much time, effort and a delay in money which could effect you financially. This is a horrible company with trainers that have no degree and they will judge you and make you feel uncomfortable. Please, save yourself time and do not even think of this company. BBB will be aware of this company as well as other Universities and Colleges.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible Company. Stay Away.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you're looking for experience in the medical field, a medical scribe position will definitely grant it. Learning from Drs, RNs, techs, etc is priceless and limitless.

ConsLet me repeat myself. If you're looking for experience in the medical field, a medical scribe position will definitely grant it. HOWEVER, choose another medical scribe company. Choose one that is well-established and actually has good reviews. If you're in college or have a college degree, don't embarrass yourself and join this company for crappy pay ($8.83 hourly). You're better than that. 100 hours (50 online, 50 on-the-job) are also unpaid. In addition, the company is HIGHLY disorganized. The President and Vice President don't do anything. HR has gone to ****. Recruiters have no idea what they're doing and pretty much hire people for the sake of hiring. I was contracted with this company for a little less than one year and decided to quit because I just couldn't deal with them anymore. I'll miss the hospital and staff greatly, but it's time to move on. They're also very much aware that this company probably shouldn't exist or at the very least change it's name from Elite Medical Scribes to Worst Medical Scribes. I don't recommend this company to anyone. Well folks, that's my two cents. Take it or leave it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe definition of ORGANIZATION is "an organized body of people with a particular purpose, especially a business, society, association, etc."...Yeah, you might want to do a little digging and learn more about this.

Worth it for health major related students

Medical Scribe (Current Employee)

ProsThe doctors are so nice and helpful, plus you will probably get some very good recommendations from them. The pay is better than on campus pay, especially if you're chief scribe. The experience you get is crazy amazing.

ConsThe company itself is awful, take forever to set everything up, aren't that nice when things go wrong, and you can't speak to anyone face to face, so it's irritating. Plus the training is unpaid, but they pay for half of your gas during training week.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nicer, get more organized, give full out instructions during the interview on how things will go so people don't go unpaid for months because they counted on working there earlier

Love the Site. Hate the Company.

ER Medical Scribe (Current Employee)
    Aurora, IL

ProsGreat exposure to the medical field and various medical professions as a whole. When on site, you really feel part of the medical team (techs, nurses, doctors, patients, etc). However, these pros are really credited to the great hospital, NOT Elite Medical Scribes.

ConsAbsolutely love working at the site I am currently contracted at. Great nurses and doctors. Love them! Absolutely hate working for Elite Medical Scribes. Highly disorganized, cheating company. Contract is ridiculous with a bunch of loop holes. It's literally a bunch of kids fresh out of college running the company. Pay is very poor ($8.83 hourly). Hours are not guaranteed. Others scribes aren't qualified for the job. I's just a bunch of freshmen/sophomores. I'm really not looking forward to leaving the great hospital staff when I get into graduate school, but I'm beyond excited about leaving this crappy company behind. If you really want to be a medical scribe, find a well-established company. If I could, I wish I could just work JUST for the hospital and NOT as a contractor through Elite. P.S. Even the physicians recognize the company is pretty bad. They wish they could just hire us for us instead of going through the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet Organized. Up the pay. Actually make your employees adhere to the contracts. Stop hiring bad employees for the sake of hiring.

No Breaks, long hours, legal issues

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the PAs & Staff Docs are nice & might even write you a letter of evaluation someday

ConsMost likely you won't get to work enough with one Doc for the letter you are seeking. 9+ hour shifts with no breaks & no food allowed on the job, hard to even find time to use the bathroom or get a drink of water. Pay is very low compared to other companies & everything is done via email so you don't even have a face to be frustrated at when they ask you to complete something or respond within a 2 hour window. Additionally, they make you sign a non-compete contract that prevents you from working else where. Other legal issues are raised on other review sites as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get an established office on the site of larger locations to trouble shoot any employee problems. House keeping is not one of your specialities at the moment.

Worked for Elite Medical Scribes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Elite Medical Scribes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Elite Medical Scribes CEO Marcin J. Kubiak, MBA. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Elite Medical Scribes employees.