Elite Placement Group

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jacob Makmale, CPA, CPC

One of the greatest companies to work for!

Office Administrator (Former Employee)
    Wilton, CT

Pros-Recruiters are well-versed in industry trends, backgrounds on jobs, and companies they are connected with
    -Recruiters make each candidate feel valued
    -All employees in the company are working to make sure the candidate's best interests are always maintained
    -Recruiters persistently networking helps to create and maintain relationships
    -Positive and motivating work-environment

ConsThere are no cons to working for or working with EPG. It is a great company that has many internal and external opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have had some of the best advice and guidance at EPG. I am a former employee who has learned many new skills, abilities and knowledge that are going to help me in my new career opportunities.

Great temp staffing firm

Senior Accountant (Former Employee)
    Norwalk, CT

ProsEPG placed me on a temp assignment. It was exactly what I wanted and after 8 months the company hired me on permanently. My recruiter was with me the whole way and answered all my questions. They were easy to deal with and really worked in my best interest unlike other temp staffing firms I have dealt with in the past.

ConsI do not have any cons on my experience with EPG. I was really happy with my experience. Other temps in my group didn't feel as good about their agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for the holiday gift this year! It really makes me feel appreciated and it meant a lot.

Walking Contradiction!

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Wilton, CT

ProsGreat experience speaking with large, well known brands.

ConsNo direction or training provided, unhealthy environment and abusive, was lied to during the interview process. Absolutely no upward movement within the company. It's a revolving door of recruiters who are there for under three months then get terminated or quit. I never also received my commission money from placements.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what your business model is before you try and hire more people. Provide them with skills to succeed.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best place for a good agency Recruiter to work

Recruiter (Current Employee)

Pros-Ability to run your own desk and expand your book of business
    -Strong sense of team, very cohesive group that works extremely well together
    -Very high earning potential and mentors who help you take your billing to the next level
    -Company invests in its employees; annual training seminars, friendly competitions with great prizes (cash too), summer/winter outings...etc.
    -Fun, friendly atmosphere - they know how to work hard, and play hard.
    -Established network of prime candidates and excellent clients makes the job of a recruiter that much "easier".

Cons-The environment is fast-paced with deals happening every day, so only people who are quick learners, have a strong work ethic and a passion for the business will survive.

How Much Spaghetti Can You Throw Against a Wall?

Executive Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Wilton, CT

ProsSome of the people are really nice who work there

ConsI suggest thinking very carefully before becoming a recruiter at this firm, unless you are a junior, 20 something looking to spend a few years in a high volume, low pay environment. The firm's culture is a 'no investment made in employees' type of environment and you will be "cut" you if you don't close a deal in your first month. Chop shop/spaghetti against the wall style of business. Contingency recruiters are eating each other alive and this firm is basically right in there with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementQualify your jobs better, provide training, streamline your efforts, cultivate a more open and engaging environment where employees are not afraid to give feedback or ask questions, better treatment of women

Flag Review
    Elite Placement Group President responded to this review Sep 4, 2013 EditDelete
    This person actually worked for us for 5 weeks and not 5 years. She never worked in a contingency search firm and thus did not know what she needed to do in order to be successful. Unfortunately it ... More

Not at all happy with the recruiter

ProsThis is not applicable to my situation

ConsI was seeking employment through the recruitment agency. I had to constantly follow up with the recruiter. I sent all the documents and never heard back from the recruiter despite numerous follow ups.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not sure if you only help people with a certain background.. it is possible that you do not want to deal with the older group. You might to reconsider that age group as well since they have years of exp. along with work ethics and loyalty.

Flag Review
    Elite Placement Group President responded to this review Jun 16, 2014 EditDelete
    I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. I would welcome a conversation to find out your specific experience. Please feel free to call the office and ask for Jake. Thanks!

Worked for Elite Placement Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Elite Placement Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Elite Placement Group CEO Jacob Makmale, CPA, CPC. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Elite Placement Group employees.