Eliza

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Shagoury

Overall a fun and dynamic atmosphere with competitive pay and wonderful people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChallenging and dynamic environment with great coworkers. Room for growth and opportunity with rewards for good performance.

ConsImprovements could be made regarding communication within the company. Teams tend to be in silos. Inequitable distribution of resources assigned to projects leads to high burnout rate.

Its OK.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Danvers, MA

ProsYearly corporate holiday and summer parties were fun.

ConsUnlimited vacation!...what this was was the elimination of a all employees' accruable vacation time benefit to get a large number off the books and make the numbers appear better for a sale. This was spun to the employees as "Unlimited Vacation". Very dishonest.

People are OK. No one socializes after work hours. Everyone keeps their heads down since they're typically swamped with work

Dead end job you can be proud of

ProsOne of very few companies where you can be proud of what its doing in terms of its product.
    Your work (indirectly) gets to help people live healthier lives and even saves lives.

ConsLost its entrepreneurial spirit
    Politics get in the way of getting things done
    Too many decision makers
    No growth opportunities (most people stay in the same positions for many, many years)

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are not being heard (surveys with predetermined questions and responses is not an adequate substitute)
    Wrong decisions are frequently made

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too Bad, it was a good company once.

Marketing (Current Employee) Danvers, MA

ProsA few years ago Employees had loved to take on the challenges and work to help make applications that would help make people healthier.

ConsNo team work or collaborative development. All goal development steps are unknown and kept from employees. Employees fear discussion for threat of being branded "not a team player".

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the results of the employee survey, encourage team discussions and take power away from Engineering Dictatorship.

Great People, A lot of room for improvement

Project Manager (Current Employee) Danvers, MA

ProsEliza has some of the most intelligent, dedicated people I've ever worked with.

ConsThere is a lot of inter-departmental hostility and people that are "favorites" who, quite often, have more power than they can handle. Also, there is a huge gap in how people are compensated.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with the employees to figure out who should be promoted and demoted. The ability to brown nose doesn't equate to the ability to do a good job.

easy approach to Senior management, teamwork

Director (Current Employee) Danvers, MA

ProsFlexible time, team work, learn everything

Conssmall fluctuation in sales causes to hire or fire people

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can build loyal team.

Is ok

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Danvers, MA

ProsThe employees are great and helpfull, The environment is fun, including free beer, ping pong and good benefits.

ConsIf you are contract to hire be ready to be unemployeed at the end of your contract, even when they tell that you will be hired. If you are hired directly by Eliza then you will get all the benefits and wont be terminated. This company has busy seasons that require employee rotation. They usually have 6 months contracts and will hire only if a former employee quits.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more honest with your employees.

Brilliant company with great people

IT Director (Former Employee) Beverly, MA

ProsThe people all care about the product and want to deliver the best product to their customers

ConsStill has a startup mentality after a 8-9 years and needs to work on its processes (i.e. employee onboarding, etc) - to make the experience consistent - but its also part of the charm.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay sharp!

Absolutely the best company I have worked for - great environment and passion for changing people's lives

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Beverly, MA

ProsSupport from team and leadership team
    Constantly pushing yourself out of your comfort zone
    Learn new things all the time

ConsManagement team is lacking some basic leadership skills and communication about what is going on continues to be an issue. Discipline is a huge problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementRely on your managers to do what's right and it's ok if mistakes are made once in awhile. Senior management doesn't have to touch, review, and be involved with every little detail.

Worked for Eliza? Contribute to the Community!