Elizabeth Arden

Elizabeth Arden Chairman, President, and CEO E. Scott Beattie

E. Scott Beattie

Exit interview process

Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

Prosinterview done in a neutral area

Consinability to ask specific reasons for termination to manager

Advice to Senior Managementmentor your employees rather than leave then to fail.

It was a surprise that they bought New Wave who I was employed with, and left a majority of us go 14 months later.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey are a huge company and have great benefits.

ConsThey bought my company and laid many of us off.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look at our work ethic before you let us go.

Interesting

Retail Executive (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

Prosflexible work environment, great products

Conscompany is very much like a click, either you are in or out

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement really should look at individual performance, not keep employees who they like just because they are in the click. Several hard working people displaced due to not being in the right group, we are not in High School

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chaos in a toxic, leaderless environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsSummer hours all year round.

ConsA mom and pop shop trying to act like a big company. 3 months is their idea of long-term planning - everything is quarter to quarter. Bad raises, no bonuses unless you're in management. Zero leadership, no future vision, and little room for advancement. No training and awful morale - a complete culture of blame.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a realistic long-term strategy. Implement a reward / recognition program. Train management to become managers. Stop pointing fingers and start being proactive. Make better acquisitions.

Culture and values are not aligned for todays employee.

Middle Management (Former Employee) Roanoke, VA

ProsUsually good salary and good benefits. Interviews are given in a timely manner.

Consculture and values are not good. This company works off of quarter to quarter results and has no desire to support it's employees work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek assistance on how to achieve today's objective while still meeting the organizations goals.

Overwork

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDay goes by fast, with lots of work not enough people

Cons10-14 hour days, no time for home life. Lack of appreciation for hard work, expect more work. Bullies in senior level mgmt. I've heard one senior leader tell an employee that he should be working as a sheep herder. Also heard senior leader tell a working mother to find another way for her children to be picked up at 6:30 pm daycare.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect!

Avoid this employer

ProsManufacture and distribute decent and known products but no pros of working there.

ConsPoor work ethics. Incompetent management. Zero work-life balance. Very traditional methods of working. Not open to evolution and changing for the better. Below-average pay and benefits. Employees stagnating in their roles. Internal politics. Insecure managers.

They don't have enough budget

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsI have a great experience working with Elizabeth Arden because , they really have a good professional people heading the company

ConsFor some reason I haven't get any raise for the last four years

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need more tools and gift with purchases, to achieve the goals

Internship

Fragrance Marketing (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsElizabeth Arden is a community where it is very easy to reach out for help, guidance, and advice. Overall, everyone is extremely friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. I learned more at this internship then I ever did in school. My experience at Arden was an unforgettable growing experience.

ConsThe internship program was a little bit disorganized.

Not as corporate considering its size

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou can interact with all levels in the company and make an impact even at a lower level.

ConsThey are slow to promote their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementElizabeth Arden needs to focus on promoting faster to keep its talent, rather than constantly hiring outside of the company. I also recommend giving more vacation and personal days so that employees don't burn out.

Worked for Elizabeth Arden? Contribute to the Community!