Elizabeth Arden Reviews

good core values, stability

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Elizabeth Arden full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

salary was very good and benefits were excellent

Cons

no work life balance, constantly working around the clock

Fun but very temporary.

Former Employee - Guest Service Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Guest Service Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Elizabeth Arden full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team of employees. All techs went to the best schools and are very talented. Discounted services were always a plus!

Cons

Not really room for growth with the company, very minimal training, pay not competitive,benefits almost non existent for such a large well known company, on flexible schedule

Would not recommend

Current Employee - Retail Executive
    Current Employee - Retail Executive

I have been working at Elizabeth Arden full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, you can learn a lot about business here.

Cons

No home work life balance. No respect for personal time. 15 hour days even when 9 months pregnant. Not a good company for people with families. There is not a lot of room for advancement for field employees. Company is growing but at the detriment to their loyal employees.

Respect your employees and their personal time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Supply Chain  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Elizabeth Arden full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance. I rarely work later than 5, which is amazing these days. To make it even better there are half day Fridays ALWAYS.

Very friendly employees all around.

Manager is very helpful with reviews.

Raises happen every year unless the company is doing terrible.

Stamford office is amazing with a very bright environment

Cons

No sense of company culture (happy hours or department dinners)

Friendly/flexible work environment

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Elizabeth Arden full-time for more than a year

Pros

-pretty flexible if you need to work from home or take a few hours off every once a while if needed
    -off at 2pm on Fridays
    -friendly coworkers

Cons

-products are just alright in my opinion
    -workload quite heavy and very little support due to limited resources
    -not seeing advancement opportunity

So much potential, but terrible place to work

I worked at Elizabeth Arden full-time

Pros

Hours and holiday schedule are perks.

Cons

Toxic atmosphere. Open office environment. No forward thinking, just reacting to achieving sales goals for current period with no consideration to the effect on future sales.

Be in touch more with the employees who make the company tick, and more than a random town hall meeting. Plan for the future and stick to the plan - don't rearrange launches on items to get the bump in sales now.

Unorganized, undervalued, unappreciated and under paid!

Former Employee - Hair Stylist  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in New York, NY

I worked at Elizabeth Arden full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people I met who have also left.

Cons

This company does not value its employees and is extremely unorganized. They expect you to drop everything and come to a meeting in a moments notice when that meeting doesn't even pertain to you. During my employment there they thought they were doing us a favor by giving us an hourly rate due to construction delays, but what they failed to understand or care about was the pathetic amount they gave us didn't pay for all of the debt we incurred during our time there. Aside from the the commute alone, paying for lunches, etc. the pathetic 8.00 an hour they paid us didn't even cover a Metro Card. They later upped it to 10 and thought they had given us gold. When construction went on for another delay they said they would give us all a bonus. (Of course it was taxed) but you had to stay for another 4 weeks to see it. If you work for them prepare yourself to live on their hourly wage and not a penny more. You have to work on at least 11 clients a week in order to make a commission. Sound easy? It's impossible! All we did was work on employees. They give their corporate people huge discounts and then those people don't even tip you on the full bill. Cheap! Cheap! Cheap! By the way, they don't advertise, so seeing 11 clients a week is next to impossible. We were told, "Here are your business cards, the rest is up to you now." Did I mention the cards were two months late? Oh, and if you asked for a schedule so that you might be able to "plan" your life, they looked at you as though you had asked them for a liver transplant. We were told there was a massive advertising campaign and it never happened. I won't even get started on the artistic team they hired.
    We cleaned the salon every day for a week, unpacked boxes, moved boxes and unpacked them again and again. At one point a few of the office employees had a breakfast and she yelled at one of the styling team for taking some orange juice. Real humane!
    I kept telling myself it would get better, but sadly, it only got worse. Stay away from this company! I saw people lose their entire savings trying to stay afloat there and all of the promises that were made that went by the wayside. We were always reminded of how "replaceable" we all were.

Stop expecting your salon staff to do the job you do with the salaries you make and to work the hours that you work. We are not salaried employees!!! Stop using your employees to your advantage. I was hired to be a stylist at your salon, not the maid service, the packing service or the group talk service to talk about your new products and evaluate them. They are called focus groups and they get paid 100.00 a session, not 8.00. Wake up and smell 2014! People want to work with a company that is conscious and treats its people well. As much as you try to advance Elizabeth Arden, you might want to just accept that fact that it will always be the place everyone buys their mother a gift certificate to on Mother's Day. It will never be more than that because the people who run this corporation are still stuck in that mode. Wake up and treat your employees better-then maybe you might see a change in your growth. It's not always about the bottom line-especially when you are using your employees to make your quotas.

Engineering Intern

Former Employee - Industrial Engineering Intern  in  Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Industrial Engineering Intern in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Elizabeth Arden as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great Co-Workers,Invaluable Experience Gained, Very hands on

Cons

I sincerely do not have any negatives everyone treated me very well and interning there was one of the best experiences i've ever had.

Keep having the internship program, i've been told my many potential employers that some of the work I did while interning was very impressive.

They have lost their way since the senior management changes of a few years ago.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Elizabeth Arden full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A place to go to get some experience.

Cons

Poor management of people and projects. They try to do too much with too little so expect long hours in a noisy office.

Start placing the customer and products first, not the dollar.

Can't seem to find the right way to steer the ship

I have been working at Elizabeth Arden

Pros

Some great team members, flexible work hours

Cons

Can't seem to get their act together, Senior management out of touch with the employees

Worked for Elizabeth Arden? Contribute to the Community!