Elkus-Manfredi Architects

Add Photos

Elkus-Manfredi Architects President Howard F Elkus

Howard F Elkus

Designer at Elkus Manfredi

Architectural Designer (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Elkus-Manfredi Architects full-time for more than a year

ProsOverall, the firm treats employees well...no frills or extras but covers all of the benefits. Most importantly though, the people are friendly and nice.

ConsIn regards to workload, some studios work more than others. Also, skills are not used wisely. You may have a 50 year old with 20 years of experience doing something that a junior architect should be doing.

Elkus Manfredi can burn you out.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Elkus-Manfredi Architects full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is one of the most professional places that I have worked. Very organized and consistent; management not too top heavy. Pays well, good bonuses. They seem to put the money back to the employees. The office is good at getting work.

ConsThe office can be a little cold, and I do not mean temperature. Not a welcoming place and very little social atmosphere. Employees are expected to work extra hours frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax, and say hello to some of your employees more often, even if you don't know them. Don't be so suspicious of them.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

I have been able to work on a very wide variety and scale of projects.

Intern Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at Elkus-Manfredi Architects

ProsThey are involved in projects at every scale, from small common room renovations to master planning, multi-building development, and major institutional buildings.

ConsThe office has a strong hierarchy which is intimidating to an intern architect, and doesn't foster mentorship as much as it could.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace and encourage participation from everyone in the firm. Many projects seem to be top-down in their structure, which makes contributions from team members more difficult.

Worked for Elkus-Manfredi Architects? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Elkus-Manfredi Architects reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Elkus-Manfredi Architects CEO Howard F Elkus. All reviews posted anonymously by Elkus-Manfredi Architects employees.