Elle Communications

Updated September 6, 2014
Updated September 6, 2014
3.5

Michelle Banfield

Excellent team oriented environment that offers great growth and advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Account Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Elle Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are looking for a fun, professional, high energy work environment, Elle Communications offers just that. They truly care about their employees and have a very open line of communication between employees and management. The training they provide is very structured and organized which allows new hires to pick up the material right away and succeed from the very beginning. Elle Communications encourages questions from all employees, if they have them, which makes it a very comfortable learning environment. I highly recommend anyone interested in growing within a company, personally or professionally, to work at Elle Communications.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Elle Communications. They took me in when I was young and had very little experience and developed me into a much more confident, experienced leader.

Keep it up! I'm excited for my future with this company and am thankful for the opportunity!

Good experience in the Elle communication

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Elle Communications as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed working as an Intern at Elle communication. working at ellecommunication was my first internship and it was really a blessing because i get to work with amazing people who always help me when i cannot do a job. if you are looking to a job with a fun environment and where everybody is nice and very amazing with you, the ElleCommunication is a place where you should go. I do not even have words to describe how much i like being an intern there. it is really amazing. i would not dream on anywhere else to start my internship.

Cons

there is not really a big challenges, i got to do filling which i never got to do before but with the help of our manager, i got to learn fast about that and i was really proud of myself. i know it is not really a con but i like what i am doing as an intern at Elle Communication.

great place to work

Current Employee - Intern  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Intern in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Elle Communications as an intern for less than a year

Pros

i really like it. everybody is so awesome and it is so great to work surrounded by people who help when they can but work in a great and fun environment is even better. it makes you feel at home. i would not expect that for my first internship.it is really amazing. if you are looking for an job and like to work in a fun environment, you should definitely apply in this company. they are really amazing.

Cons

i can see anything challenging at this internship except when i first started, they gave me the job of filling. at first, it was challenging because i have not done filing before but then with my manager's help and her instructions, i got to do it easily and it was really great to finally get it. even though, i was thinking of an internship related to my management major but i can learn from everything.

the managing system is really great and i hope to be more a great leader one day than a manager.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

door to door sales

I worked at Elle Communications full-time

Pros

fun environment, great sales training.

Cons

long hours, 100% commission, no time off.

Great Place

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Elle Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

The leaders and managers of the company are all very friendly and ambitious. There is no cap on how much people make here. The environment is fun, and non traditional. There are set goals for every person to reach weekly and monthly, and management cares about their people, which is something that I've never experienced at any other company I've worked for.

Cons

The mindset of the company is entrepreneurial so it's not for everyone. You have to be willing to put in hard work for a great end result.

Management has been excellent!

Worst place to work I've ever had

Current Employee - Account Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Elle Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

great cardio, better job for people who are high energy, great job for people who never want to sleep or have lives outside of work. The people are okay even though they've been indoctrinated into thinking this job was good

Cons

you end up working from 9 am to 9 pm every day, for this you have a "chance" to earn 700 dollars a week. on the other hand you'll never make that because that's more sales than you'll ever make. the job makes you walk 8 hours in the hot sun every day, you should have a fuel efficient car since you have to use your own and no, they don't reimburse you for gas like they say they do, you have to put it in your taxes and in case you itemize (you have to own your property) you can't redeem it so that 40 minute drive to anywhere in Oklahoma can be a killer. you also need to ask every person you talk to for water because there is no carrying a water bottle. the best part? from 9 am to 1 pm you have to undergo their stupid spirit meeting where you yell, congratulate the people who were actually able to make sales, and generally act like an idiot. you also have to go to mandatory work parties that are horrible to endure. oh yeah! and every morning you have to show up in a clean pressed suit that is at least somewhat stylish and change into shorts and a polo, yay laundry! they prey on people newly out of high school or 20-30 year olds sick of working food service but don't have any schooling. any job where they don't actually tell you what you'll be doing or the time and effort you'll have to put towards the job until after the interview shouldn't be trusted.

quit the stupid spirit meetings and act like an actual company

Dishonesty and Very Poor Pay

I have been working at Elle Communications full-time

Pros

They hire just about everyone. That is probably the only positive aspect of the company.

Cons

What makes Elle Communications Inc. such a bad company to work for is the outright dishonesty you encounter in the hiring process. I received a phone call from them saying they had seen my information on LinkedIn and I thought that was a bit odd but they were really nice. The language they use makes them sound like a marketing analysis and consulting firm, but in reality they're just hired door-to-door salesmen. They did not say they were door-to-door until I confronted them after hearing something from a friend.

Second, the pay is terrible. You could make just as much money working as a manager for a fast food restaurant. I was shocked that they would even consider asking individuals with their B.A. degrees to work for them when the average pay is $20k per year.

Overall, do not waste your time with this company.

Be honest upfront and pay your employees more. If you are not a marketing consulting firm, then do not advertise as such.

So far, so good

Current Employee - Entry Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Entry Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Elle Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would definitely say the team is very good to be around. Majority of the people have really been helpful with my training so far. We have helped out a lot of customers, and in a short time - I already feel more comfortable with the customers at hand. The Client Manager really helps out, and its good to know that people pick up their phones when I have a question. Favorite part so far has been traveling around a little bit. I have never really got to experience any other cities for even a short period of time, and networking with the people has been so awesome. My fiance was a little hesitant at first, but she really gets along with everyone so far.

Cons

My goal was to beat the record, and I thought I did, but I guess I had it written down wrong. Maybe being a little clearer on the requirements.

Up to this point the people have been really helpful. I was able to have a meeting with the main manager and go over some of the things I had trouble understanding, and it helped out a good bit. Having more one on one meetings would definitely benefit me, and I'm sure others would like that too.

Avoid At All Cost

Former Employee - Account Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Elle Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

There were not pros working for this company. The turnover rate is super high because once new employees discover the company is not what the hiring team explained it to be - they quit.

Cons

Elle communications is a scam of a company. The employees work strictly on commission attempting to sell 3rd Party products such as AT&T U-verse. The company expects you to work 12 hours shifts walking around neighborhoods, knocking on doors to persuade customers to switch cable services (Other whatever service they are selling at the time). Keep in mind; this job is strictly commissioned based. Some weeks employees worked more than 40 hours and only received $160. That’s living below the poverty line.

During the interview the company sells this dream of making $100,000 per year within a year, yet nobody at the office makes that much. Even the tenured, 3+ years, employees were struggling to make $12,000 per year.

Unless you like spending money on fuel, food with no income to show for countless hours of working, I highly recommend staying away from this company.

Management was horrible. I dare not share any advice to them for they are all about greasing their own pocket

I had an overall positive and unique experience at Elle Communications.

Former Employee - Account Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Elle Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work environment is fantastic and unlike any other place I've worked. The office has a really nice vibe and everyone seems to be friends both inside and outside of the workplace while maintaining a professional attitude. If you are willing to work hard and put in your time, there is a huge opportunity to advance in this company. While I only worked there for several months due to relocating, I felt very welcome for the time that I was there and I learned a lot about marketing, sales, communication, and how to work with people to accomplish goals.

Cons

The only con about working at Elle is that you must be self driven and able to accomplish tasks on your own. You have a good amount of control when working for this company, so if you are not someone who likes to contribute ideas and work with a lot of people this job isn't for you.

Continue hiring people with great work ethic who you think will strive to advance within the company.

Worked for Elle Communications? Contribute to the Community!