Elle Communications

3.2
Michelle Banfield

1. Black and White

Current Employee - Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Elle Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cares. Go out of his way for new trainees and good at delegating. 100% availability. Black and white for everyone. No sugar coating.

Cons

Longer one on one meetings. Motivates everyone the same way at first, and then focuses on personalizing it. Let people know what they can be improving on sooner.

Advice to Management

Explain everything. Be laid back in and out of the workplace. Keep the meetings and travel the same! Love going to different markets and meeting and networking with other people. Only other thing would be to have a comment box for everyone to put opinions.

Terrible place--basically door to door sales. Little to no training. I high pressure of memorizing scripts.

I worked at Elle Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Business trips, youthful environment. Culture seems cool, once you get trained, even though really don't get trained ...

Cons

-commission-based
    -poor training
    -not up front in hiring process

Advice to Management

Spend more time training employees, instead of just throwing them into the field. Canned speeches are not very inspiring or conducive to good work.

May 22, 2015Owner

Thank you for the comment. Of course we would love to have had your feedback in person, but regardless we still appreciate it - and definitely will be working on your suggestions. Thanks!

too much to say in one sentence

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Elle Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

learn something new every single day
    hang out with motivated people, rather than people at my last job that seemed to hate everything
    got to go on a couple of business trips that were paid for out of okc
    excited to go work
    get to actually coach people that want to get better
    able to voice my opinions
    getting a little better at talking in front of a large group

Cons

can't work from home
    cafe in the office building is being remodeled, so has been closed for over a month

Advice to Management

be more vocal about the upcoming promotions, try and do more trips to other markets more often

door to door sales

I worked at Elle Communications full-time

Pros

fun environment, great sales training.

Cons

long hours, 100% commission, no time off.

Great Place

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Elle Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leaders and managers of the company are all very friendly and ambitious. There is no cap on how much people make here. The environment is fun, and non traditional. There are set goals for every person to reach weekly and monthly, and management cares about their people, which is something that I've never experienced at any other company I've worked for.

Cons

The mindset of the company is entrepreneurial so it's not for everyone. You have to be willing to put in hard work for a great end result.

Advice to Management

Management has been excellent!

Worst place to work I've ever had

I have been working at Elle Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great cardio, better job for people who are high energy, great job for people who never want to sleep or have lives outside of work. The people are okay even though they've been indoctrinated into thinking this job was good

Cons

you end up working from 9 am to 9 pm every day, for this you have a "chance" to earn 700 dollars a week. on the other hand you'll never make that because that's more sales than you'll ever make. the job makes you walk 8 hours in the hot sun every day, you should have a fuel efficient car since you have to use your own and no, they don't reimburse you for gas like they say they do, you have to put it in your taxes and in case you itemize (you have to own your property) you can't redeem it so that 40 minute drive to anywhere in Oklahoma can be a killer. you also need to ask every person you talk to for water because there is no carrying a water bottle. the best part? from 9 am to 1 pm you have to undergo their stupid spirit meeting where you yell, congratulate the people who were actually able to make sales, and generally act like an idiot. you also have to go to mandatory work parties that are horrible to endure. oh yeah! and every morning you have to show up in a clean pressed suit that is at least somewhat stylish and change into shorts and a polo, yay laundry! they prey on people newly out of high school or 20-30 year olds sick of working food service but don't have any schooling. any job where they don't actually tell you what you'll be doing or the time and effort you'll have to put towards the job until after the interview shouldn't be trusted.

Advice to Management

quit the stupid spirit meetings and act like an actual company

Feb 16, 2015Owner

Thanks for the comment. Hope you are doing something great these days!

I apologize that you were not a fan of our "stupid spirit meetings." Again, Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Dishonesty and Very Poor Pay

I have been working at Elle Communications full-time

Pros

They hire just about everyone. That is probably the only positive aspect of the company.

Cons

What makes Elle Communications Inc. such a bad company to work for is the outright dishonesty you encounter in the hiring process. I received a phone call from them saying they had seen my information on LinkedIn and I thought that was a bit odd but they were really nice. The language they use makes them sound like a marketing analysis and consulting firm, but in reality they're just hired door-to-door salesmen. They did not say they were door-to-door until I confronted them after hearing something from a friend.

Second, the pay is terrible. You could make just as much money working as a manager for a fast food restaurant. I was shocked that they would even consider asking individuals with their B.A. degrees to work for them when the average pay is $20k per year.

Overall, do not waste your time with this company.

Advice to Management

Be honest upfront and pay your employees more. If you are not a marketing consulting firm, then do not advertise as such.

Feb 16, 2015Owner

Thanks for the review. Sorry that you were not pleased with the position we were looking to fill for Entry Level. To be crystal clear, we work with leads and state multiple times throughout our ... More

So far, so good

Current Employee - Entry Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Entry Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Elle Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would definitely say the team is very good to be around. Majority of the people have really been helpful with my training so far. We have helped out a lot of customers, and in a short time - I already feel more comfortable with the customers at hand. The Client Manager really helps out, and its good to know that people pick up their phones when I have a question. Favorite part so far has been traveling around a little bit. I have never really got to experience any other cities for even a short period of time, and networking with the people has been so awesome. My fiance was a little hesitant at first, but she really gets along with everyone so far.

Cons

My goal was to beat the record, and I thought I did, but I guess I had it written down wrong. Maybe being a little clearer on the requirements.

Advice to Management

Up to this point the people have been really helpful. I was able to have a meeting with the main manager and go over some of the things I had trouble understanding, and it helped out a good bit. Having more one on one meetings would definitely benefit me, and I'm sure others would like that too.

Avoid At All Cost

Former Employee - Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Elle Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were not pros working for this company. The turnover rate is super high because once new employees discover the company is not what the hiring team explained it to be - they quit.

Cons

Elle communications is a scam of a company. The employees work strictly on commission attempting to sell 3rd Party products such as AT&T U-verse. The company expects you to work 12 hours shifts walking around neighborhoods, knocking on doors to persuade customers to switch cable services (Other whatever service they are selling at the time). Keep in mind; this job is strictly commissioned based. Some weeks employees worked more than 40 hours and only received $160. That’s living below the poverty line.

During the interview the company sells this dream of making $100,000 per year within a year, yet nobody at the office makes that much. Even the tenured, 3+ years, employees were struggling to make $12,000 per year.

Unless you like spending money on fuel, food with no income to show for countless hours of working, I highly recommend staying away from this company.

Advice to Management

Management was horrible. I dare not share any advice to them for they are all about greasing their own pocket

Feb 16, 2015Owner

Thanks for the review. If you would like to hear what we really do, compensation - or would like to talk about the illegitimacy of this review, please feel free to call our office and ask for ... More

Great environment, great people

I have been working at Elle Communications full-time

Pros

From my experience the company has a great work environment! The people in there are very friendly and welcoming, and every Thursday they go and spend time together outside of the office. work environment is definitely a big factor for me in a company I work for. The job I do in sales and marketing is right up my alley also.

Cons

The hours are a little unusual being from 11-8. It's nice to have mornings to myself to get things done but it gets a little bit late in the evening.

RSS Feed </> Embed