Elle Communications

Updated Jun 7, 2014

Michelle Banfield

Brand Manager

Brand Manager (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe work environment. I really enjoy coming to work. This is the first career I have had where I didn't wake up every morning and wonder to myself how many sick hours I have left and if I should use them today. I wake up and I am excited to come to work. I'm excited to be challenged every day. I'm excited to help others reach their goals. I'm excited to work with young motivated coaches that want me to succeed.

ConsI didn't have any experience as a brand manager before so it took me a while to catch on. I worked at it though and put effort into getting better and now I'm starting to see the results

Advice to Senior ManagementTaking the approach of helping others get to their goals means a lot to me. I'm glad I found a career where that is as important to the management staff as it is to me!

I also really enjoy the fact that we give back to the community with our philanthropic efforts. I feel like every company has a responsibility to give back to the community that they are a part of.

Dishonesty and Very Poor Pay

ProsThey hire just about everyone. That is probably the only positive aspect of the company.

ConsWhat makes Elle Communications Inc. such a bad company to work for is the outright dishonesty you encounter in the hiring process. I received a phone call from them saying they had seen my information on LinkedIn and I thought that was a bit odd but they were really nice. The language they use makes them sound like a marketing analysis and consulting firm, but in reality they're just hired door-to-door salesmen. They did not say they were door-to-door until I confronted them after hearing something from a friend.

Second, the pay is terrible. You could make just as much money working as a manager for a fast food restaurant. I was shocked that they would even consider asking individuals with their B.A. degrees to work for them when the average pay is $20k per year.

Overall, do not waste your time with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest upfront and pay your employees more. If you are not a marketing consulting firm, then do not advertise as such.

So far, so good

Entry Representative (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsI would definitely say the team is very good to be around. Majority of the people have really been helpful with my training so far. We have helped out a lot of customers, and in a short time - I already feel more comfortable with the customers at hand. The Client Manager really helps out, and its good to know that people pick up their phones when I have a question. Favorite part so far has been traveling around a little bit. I have never really got to experience any other cities for even a short period of time, and networking with the people has been so awesome. My fiance was a little hesitant at first, but she really gets along with everyone so far.

ConsMy goal was to beat the record, and I thought I did, but I guess I had it written down wrong. Maybe being a little clearer on the requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementUp to this point the people have been really helpful. I was able to have a meeting with the main manager and go over some of the things I had trouble understanding, and it helped out a good bit. Having more one on one meetings would definitely benefit me, and I'm sure others would like that too.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great career step for me!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsMy favorite part about this job is the fun atmosphere and opportunity for growth. Elle has such a fun family environment. I really like going to work everyday because I know that I am going to learn new things and have fun too. Everyone here works as a team and we all love helping each other reach our goals. I know with the help of Michelle and my other co-workers I will be able to hit my yearly goals. Definitely has opened my eyes to the business world!

ConsYou have to be able to commit to the things you say you are going to do. Sometimes that seems difficult for people.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would just say having patience for the people who are a little slower in catching on to things. And so keep the reports up to date each week.

Avoid At All Cost

Account Representative (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThere were not pros working for this company. The turnover rate is super high because once new employees discover the company is not what the hiring team explained it to be - they quit.

ConsElle communications is a scam of a company. The employees work strictly on commission attempting to sell 3rd Party products such as AT&T U-verse. The company expects you to work 12 hours shifts walking around neighborhoods, knocking on doors to persuade customers to switch cable services (Other whatever service they are selling at the time). Keep in mind; this job is strictly commissioned based. Some weeks employees worked more than 40 hours and only received $160. That’s living below the poverty line.

During the interview the company sells this dream of making $100,000 per year within a year, yet nobody at the office makes that much. Even the tenured, 3+ years, employees were struggling to make $12,000 per year.

Unless you like spending money on fuel, food with no income to show for countless hours of working, I highly recommend staying away from this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was horrible. I dare not share any advice to them for they are all about greasing their own pocket

I had an overall positive and unique experience at Elle Communications.

Account Representative (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe work environment is fantastic and unlike any other place I've worked. The office has a really nice vibe and everyone seems to be friends both inside and outside of the workplace while maintaining a professional attitude. If you are willing to work hard and put in your time, there is a huge opportunity to advance in this company. While I only worked there for several months due to relocating, I felt very welcome for the time that I was there and I learned a lot about marketing, sales, communication, and how to work with people to accomplish goals.

ConsThe only con about working at Elle is that you must be self driven and able to accomplish tasks on your own. You have a good amount of control when working for this company, so if you are not someone who likes to contribute ideas and work with a lot of people this job isn't for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue hiring people with great work ethic who you think will strive to advance within the company.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great environment, great people

ProsFrom my experience the company has a great work environment! The people in there are very friendly and welcoming, and every Thursday they go and spend time together outside of the office. work environment is definitely a big factor for me in a company I work for. The job I do in sales and marketing is right up my alley also.

ConsThe hours are a little unusual being from 11-8. It's nice to have mornings to myself to get things done but it gets a little bit late in the evening.

Worked for Elle Communications? Contribute to the Community!