Ellie Mae

Add Photos

Ellie Mae President, CEO, and Director Sigmund (Sig) Anderman

Sigmund (Sig) Anderman

The Awesomeness of Ellie Mae

Technical Support Product Analyst (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsPay, benefits, surroundings, management, location

ConsNot knowing the product the way you should.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a wiki that incorporates everything

worst company

ProsI don't see any pros with this company

ConsWorst company to work for. Managers are too biased. They differentiate team members big time in most of the teams. Unequal work distribution. Not a healthy environment at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to manage old managers in the company. They are taking advantages a lot. Try them to be more accountable

Tech Support Sr. Leadership = Train-wreck

Manager (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsTalented Tech Support Team. Built with integrity, this team is passionate and want badly to succeed. It's why they were hand selected. Amazing team dynamic. An All-Star cast of characters that would make anyone proud. Free coffee.

ConsSr. Leadership in Pleasanton is the train-wreck. No concept of call center basics. Refusal to provide internal training, and you'll be ostracized for requesting it. They demonstrate zero desire to build relationships or provide the tools necessary for those who are the face of the company. You'll be asked for your suggestions, then ridiculed publicly for making them.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the investment in internal product training for Tech Support. Understand how to track contacts and how to use this for self service. Install a real knowledge base. Know that workforce management is more than a spreadsheet of best guesses. Stop hiding behind "we're a startup" and act like the 15 year old company that you are. Hire Sr. leadership that understands how to be proactive, not reactive - that can lead and execute.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not satisfied

ProsProjects are good and technical

ConsWorking in some of the teams are frustrating because of management.
    No accountability. people just come to office for few hours and enjoy life without much work and get promotion as well.They are hiring too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe accountable and give equal opportunities to all.

Great Place to Work

Software Development (Current Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

ProsRelaxed culture and environment. Great, friendly people. Management is motivated to push technology forward, and new/innovative products forward. Hours are pretty flexible as long as you get your work done. Management is willing to listen to suggestions and comments. The company gives back to the community with several different charitable events during the year.

ConsSome "cost cutting" techniques may hurt productivity in some situations if management isn't careful and I'm seeing some evidence of that. Chasing the bottom line too aggressively is not always the best approach in my opinion. Hiring the most qualified people is always the best practice regardless of the salary cost, and especially for important positions.

Management is horrific!

Training Specialist (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsCan work from home to avoid working face to face with management.

ConsWhere do I start. You know the old saying $!#& rolls down hill.
    The company lacks direction.
    The company lacks customer service.
    No support from management or piers.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house, bring in a consulting company and ask for help.

Good business model, poor execution

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGrowing company, well-positioned to change a traditional industry. Some sharp people work there.

ConsOld-school, top-down command-and-control management structure. Some big egos at work, impatient and focused on quarterly results. There's a reason for high turnover and customer perception that the company is arrogant.

So far so great!

ProsSolid Management; great, dedicated staff; great culture of work hard and play hard with a slant towards community service and doing good.

ConsPTO policy a little tight; some typical growing pains that they are working hard to resolve.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. There is an excellent balance of long time, experienced and dedicated staff and new blood and management is doing a great job of ensuring everyone is on board and supported.

Rocky until new management came on board

QA Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsA new management team has come on board that is sharp, very intuitive, results-focused while still maintaining a terrific personal working atmosphere. They actually listen to the complaints and input from their direct subordinates as well as all those down the chain. They do care about the people not in words only, but in actions as well.

The people are great to work with and most people cooperate well.

Opportunity for growth is available as management encourages personal growth and learning. Instead of simply hiring for needs, they allow members to learn the new skill set and have an opportunity to prove themselves. This is terrific for people who enjoy doing many different things in their job and learning new skills.

Payscale and benefits are excellent for the industry.

ConsDocumentation cannot keep up with growth right now; decentralized tools not always shared amongst various groups, satellite offices are not always kept in the loop with Pleasanton.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on a centralized area to store all information pertinent to new hires; especially how to install the correct version of EC to test o, which hosts files to use for which testing, etc.

Great company, culture and people - going through significant growth.

Pleasanton, CA

ProsAwesome company culture and values. Monthly company wide birthday celebrations and people are encouraged to share their ideas and make the environment ever better to work in. This is the first time I've been with a company that the company executives sing happy anniversary to employees at company quarterly all hands. Love the people!

ConsTypical pains of a fast growing company - not everything is documented.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the open door policy.

Worked for Ellie Mae? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ellie Mae reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ellie Mae CEO Sigmund (Sig) Anderman. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Ellie Mae employees.