Ellie Mae Reviews

Sigmund (Sig) Anderman

1. Great High Growth Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Ellie Mae (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leader in mortgage software Collaborative team environment Strong financials and history of profitability

Cons

Growing pains; systems and infrastructure are stretched

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Worst Managers

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is growing but not scalable

Cons

Management style hasn't changed. Managers are biased, old style, doesn't know market standards.Using their dictatorship

3. Graphic Designer

Pros

Good working environment, good payment

Cons

If you don't have a car, it's a tough commute.

Horrible boss

I worked at Ellie Mae full-time

Pros

Not much I can say here. Allowed us to work remotely and didn't hassle us too much.

Cons

Too many to list. Out of touch management, misplaced trust, unclear direction, shoddy product with no desire to make really innovative and user-friendly software.

Advice to Management

Quite drinking the Kool-aid and understand your market, employees, and work/life balance.

Some really good and some really terrible people.

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work with some really talented and dedicated people. Sig really had a vision for the mortgage industry and he really improved and streamlined the process and no doubt Jonathan Corr will continue with the company's success.

Cons

It's amazes me how people can continue to pull one over on management and keep their job, Despite their continued success, management has no idea about the people who are there to truly contribute and those that are there on their own agenda making life miserable for other employees.

Advice to Management

Listen and trust your employees. Time to open your eyes and weed out the bad ones.

Great place to work

Pros

Get to work with friendly teammates and some of the latest technologies.

Cons

Work load can be heavy from time to time.

Advice to Management

Continue the good work.

Starts out great but...

I worked at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, CEO is friendly and available. Omaha office is new and friendly people work there.

Cons

Training is lacking. Omaha office needs more support from Plesanton office. California management is bad. Work/life balance is supposed to be encouraged but when my child got sick with influenza then I got it, I was fired for taking too much time off.

Advice to Management

Be more understanding about home life and let people work from home if they need to.

Undercover Racist structure

Pros

Sig is an effective businessman. He has vision and is really personable. He has tried to create a happy environment of effective management.

Cons

It has a family feel to it,yet if you look around... anybody with a keen eye will notice that they only care about the profit of the mortgage business. 90% of the managers are under extreme pressure to fake the progress with a smile and some snacks. It feels much like an assembly line plant. They will feed you and work you into a comma! There is only whites,asians,and Indians in high paid positions. The only black people there are in low level positions and they get treated terribly. They encourage all to write reviews to appear like it is the best place to work every year, ha...it is far from it, unless you are White or Chinese. The rest get treated like slaves. Nobody will tell you the truth working there...due to the threats they would receive from their Slave master managers. Ive seen many people come for interviews and always get turned away and the white managers make racist comments about why they didn't get the job. All lies to the public and nobody has the guts to be honest about it,chances are you are you are working under a white boss.

10. Great place to work

Current Employee - Client Management in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ellie Mae has strong core values. The well-experienced and professional leadership encourages open and honest dialogue and promotes work-life balance, teamwork, and giving back to the community. There is a feeling of mutual respect and teamwork within the company.

Cons

Honestly there are no cons that I have seen. Compensation, benefits and work environment are excellent.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Good vision and overall leadership.

Ellie Mae Response

Oct 2, 2014 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled to have you on the team.

11. Best Place to work and Career grow in the Bay Area.

Current Employee - Technology in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Technology in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Ellie Mae for the past 2 years and it has been the best move I’ve have ever made. Ellie Mae fosters a friendly atmosphere that includes an extremely supportive and flexible management team. They ensure we have a pleasant and comfortable place to work while performing our skill sets. In addition, Ellie Mae utilizes the newest and most innovative technologies in the Bay Area. I believe our company will continue to thrive, grow, and improve. Our CEO, Sig Anderman, just announced that our company has doubled its size in just the last 2 years. As a result, we are relocating to a new location in Pleasanton, CA that will provide state of the art amenities. I am proud to be a part of a growing company who cares for the employees.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any cons. This company is flexible, supports growth and opportunity within the company, supports team building activities to help us work effectively together, offers excellent benefits/time-off policy, and offers a yearly Bonus, Stocks and RSUs. The only con is that we were getting a little tight in our current office with the recent expansion of the workforce but we will soon be relocating to a bigger and better office.

Advice to Management

You are on the right track. Possibly think of launching a mentor program to help new employees learn the business faster and have a point of contact to reach out to with concerns/ideas for improvement, I believe this program is in process as well.

RSS Feed </> Embed