Ellie Mae Reviews

Ellie Mae President, CEO, and Director Sigmund (Sig) Anderman
Sigmund (Sig) Anderman

Great place to work

I have been working at Ellie Mae

Pros

Get to work with friendly teammates and some of the latest technologies.

Cons

Work load can be heavy from time to time.

Advice to Management

Continue the good work.

Starts out great but...

I worked at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, CEO is friendly and available. Omaha office is new and friendly people work there.

Cons

Training is lacking. Omaha office needs more support from Plesanton office. California management is bad. Work/life balance is supposed to be encouraged but when my child got sick with influenza then I got it, I was fired for taking too much time off.

Advice to Management

Be more understanding about home life and let people work from home if they need to.

Undercover Racist structure

I worked at Ellie Mae

Pros

Sig is an effective businessman. He has vision and is really personable. He has tried to create a happy environment of effective management.

Cons

It has a family feel to it,yet if you look around... anybody with a keen eye will notice that they only care about the profit of the mortgage business. 90% of the managers are under extreme pressure to fake the progress with a smile and some snacks. It feels much like an assembly line plant. They will feed you and work you into a comma! There is only whites,asians,and Indians in high paid positions. The only black people there are in low level positions and they get treated terribly. They encourage all to write reviews to appear like it is the best place to work every year, ha...it is far from it, unless you are White or Chinese. The rest get treated like slaves. Nobody will tell you the truth working there...due to the threats they would receive from their Slave master managers. Ive seen many people come for interviews and always get turned away and the white managers make racist comments about why they didn't get the job. All lies to the public and nobody has the guts to be honest about it,chances are you are you are working under a white boss.

5. Great place to work

Current Employee - Client Management in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ellie Mae has strong core values. The well-experienced and professional leadership encourages open and honest dialogue and promotes work-life balance, teamwork, and giving back to the community. There is a feeling of mutual respect and teamwork within the company.

Cons

Honestly there are no cons that I have seen. Compensation, benefits and work environment are excellent.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Good vision and overall leadership.

Ellie Mae Response

Oct 2, 2014Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled to have you on the team.

6. Best Place to work and Career grow in the Bay Area.

Current Employee - Technology in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Technology in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Ellie Mae for the past 2 years and it has been the best move I’ve have ever made. Ellie Mae fosters a friendly atmosphere that includes an extremely supportive and flexible management team. They ensure we have a pleasant and comfortable place to work while performing our skill sets. In addition, Ellie Mae utilizes the newest and most innovative technologies in the Bay Area. I believe our company will continue to thrive, grow, and improve. Our CEO, Sig Anderman, just announced that our company has doubled its size in just the last 2 years. As a result, we are relocating to a new location in Pleasanton, CA that will provide state of the art amenities. I am proud to be a part of a growing company who cares for the employees.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any cons. This company is flexible, supports growth and opportunity within the company, supports team building activities to help us work effectively together, offers excellent benefits/time-off policy, and offers a yearly Bonus, Stocks and RSUs. The only con is that we were getting a little tight in our current office with the recent expansion of the workforce but we will soon be relocating to a bigger and better office.

Advice to Management

You are on the right track. Possibly think of launching a mentor program to help new employees learn the business faster and have a point of contact to reach out to with concerns/ideas for improvement, I believe this program is in process as well.

Those in the trenches get overlooked.

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere; lots of perks like free ice cream and popcon, pinball and pool table.

Cons

The fun stuff tends to overcome what's lurking underneath. Little respect for those who keep the wheels turning. Little or no appreciation of hard work; overcommits with few resources; acts like a start-up, but is over 10 years old.

Advice to Management

Allow for more work-life balance; get more resources where they count/are needed. Compensate your hard workers appropriately.

8. Ellie Mae is a great place to work and thrive

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast moving, always new project, high growth, changing an industry, innovate, and most importantly great people. At all different levels people really care and that is very important.

Cons

none that I can think of. Maybe the free ice cream and pop corn :) extra calories

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You run a great company that feels like a family. Good job!!

worst company

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't see any pros with this company

Cons

Worst company to work for. Managers are too biased. They differentiate team members big time in most of the teams. Unequal work distribution. Not a healthy environment at all.

Advice to Management

Try to manage old managers in the company. They are taking advantages a lot. Try them to be more accountable

Tech Support Sr. Leadership = Train-wreck

Former Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Ellie Mae full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talented Tech Support Team. Built with integrity, this team is passionate and want badly to succeed. It's why they were hand selected. Amazing team dynamic. An All-Star cast of characters that would make anyone proud. Free coffee.

Cons

Sr. Leadership in Pleasanton is the train-wreck. No concept of call center basics. Refusal to provide internal training, and you'll be ostracized for requesting it. They demonstrate zero desire to build relationships or provide the tools necessary for those who are the face of the company. You'll be asked for your suggestions, then ridiculed publicly for making them.

Advice to Management

Make the investment in internal product training for Tech Support. Understand how to track contacts and how to use this for self service. Install a real knowledge base. Know that workforce management is more than a spreadsheet of best guesses. Stop hiding behind "we're a startup" and act like the 15 year old company that you are. Hire Sr. leadership that understands how to be proactive, not reactive - that can lead and execute.

11. Not satisfied

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time

Pros

Projects are good and technical

Cons

Working in some of the teams are frustrating because of management.
    No accountability. people just come to office for few hours and enjoy life without much work and get promotion as well.They are hiring too much.

Advice to Management

Be accountable and give equal opportunities to all.