Ellie Mae Reviews

Great place to work

Current Employee - Client Management  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ellie Mae has strong core values. The well-experienced and professional leadership encourages open and honest dialogue and promotes work-life balance, teamwork, and giving back to the community. There is a feeling of mutual respect and teamwork within the company.

Cons

Honestly there are no cons that I have seen. Compensation, benefits and work environment are excellent.

Keep doing what you are doing. Good vision and overall leadership.

Best Place to work and Career grow in the Bay Area.

Current Employee - Technology  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Technology in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with Ellie Mae for the past 2 years and it has been the best move I’ve have ever made. Ellie Mae fosters a friendly atmosphere that includes an extremely supportive and flexible management team. They ensure we have a pleasant and comfortable place to work while performing our skill sets. In addition, Ellie Mae utilizes the newest and most innovative technologies in the Bay Area. I believe our company will continue to thrive, grow, and improve. Our CEO, Sig Anderman, just announced that our company has doubled its size in just the last 2 years. As a result, we are relocating to a new location in Pleasanton, CA that will provide state of the art amenities. I am proud to be a part of a growing company who cares for the employees.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any cons. This company is flexible, supports growth and opportunity within the company, supports team building activities to help us work effectively together, offers excellent benefits/time-off policy, and offers a yearly Bonus, Stocks and RSUs. The only con is that we were getting a little tight in our current office with the recent expansion of the workforce but we will soon be relocating to a bigger and better office.

You are on the right track. Possibly think of launching a mentor program to help new employees learn the business faster and have a point of contact to reach out to with concerns/ideas for improvement, I believe this program is in process as well.

Those in the trenches get overlooked.

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun atmosphere; lots of perks like free ice cream and popcon, pinball and pool table.

Cons

The fun stuff tends to overcome what's lurking underneath. Little respect for those who keep the wheels turning. Little or no appreciation of hard work; overcommits with few resources; acts like a start-up, but is over 10 years old.

Allow for more work-life balance; get more resources where they count/are needed. Compensate your hard workers appropriately.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Traci Andrews is incompetent

Former Employee - Product Trainer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Product Trainer in New York, NY

I worked at Ellie Mae full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free bagels and ice cream

Cons

Lack of leadership, accountability from Sr. Management, no support for new hires, constant berating from supervisors.

Stop throwing your talent under the bus.
    Get rid of dead weights in management.

Ellie Mae is a great place to work and thrive

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast moving, always new project, high growth, changing an industry, innovate, and most importantly great people. At all different levels people really care and that is very important.

Cons

none that I can think of. Maybe the free ice cream and pop corn :) extra calories

Keep doing what you are doing. You run a great company that feels like a family. Good job!!

worst company

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time for more than a year

Pros

I don't see any pros with this company

Cons

Worst company to work for. Managers are too biased. They differentiate team members big time in most of the teams. Unequal work distribution. Not a healthy environment at all.

Try to manage old managers in the company. They are taking advantages a lot. Try them to be more accountable

Tech Support Sr. Leadership = Train-wreck

Former Employee - Manager  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Ellie Mae full-time for less than a year

Pros

Talented Tech Support Team. Built with integrity, this team is passionate and want badly to succeed. It's why they were hand selected. Amazing team dynamic. An All-Star cast of characters that would make anyone proud. Free coffee.

Cons

Sr. Leadership in Pleasanton is the train-wreck. No concept of call center basics. Refusal to provide internal training, and you'll be ostracized for requesting it. They demonstrate zero desire to build relationships or provide the tools necessary for those who are the face of the company. You'll be asked for your suggestions, then ridiculed publicly for making them.

Make the investment in internal product training for Tech Support. Understand how to track contacts and how to use this for self service. Install a real knowledge base. Know that workforce management is more than a spreadsheet of best guesses. Stop hiding behind "we're a startup" and act like the 15 year old company that you are. Hire Sr. leadership that understands how to be proactive, not reactive - that can lead and execute.

Not satisfied

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time

Pros

Projects are good and technical

Cons

Working in some of the teams are frustrating because of management.
    No accountability. people just come to office for few hours and enjoy life without much work and get promotion as well.They are hiring too much.

Be accountable and give equal opportunities to all.

The Awesomeness of Ellie Mae

Current Employee - Technical Support Product Analyst  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Technical Support Product Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay, benefits, surroundings, management, location

Cons

Not knowing the product the way you should.

Create a wiki that incorporates everything

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Software Development  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Software Development in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time

Pros

Relaxed culture and environment. Great, friendly people. Management is motivated to push technology forward, and new/innovative products forward. Hours are pretty flexible as long as you get your work done. Management is willing to listen to suggestions and comments. The company gives back to the community with several different charitable events during the year.

Cons

Some "cost cutting" techniques may hurt productivity in some situations if management isn't careful and I'm seeing some evidence of that. Chasing the bottom line too aggressively is not always the best approach in my opinion. Hiring the most qualified people is always the best practice regardless of the salary cost, and especially for important positions.

Worked for Ellie Mae? Contribute to the Community!