Elliot Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Great place to work

RN Case Manager (Current Employee)

ProsPositive people to work with. Positive changes.

ConsAppears that management is becoming too top-heavy

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget Patient Centered Care!!

A lot of stress and treated like just another person.

RN (Former Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsGood maternal child health department

ConsToo many politics. Everyone is not treated fairly

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees how you would want to be treated.

Unsafe and hostile place of employment; not safe for staff or patients.

LNA (Current Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsWas once a great place to work but the company has gone through so many changes that it is no longer a pro. Only pediatric emergency department.

ConsThe biggest challenge of working for this organization in the last year has been the decline in educated and caring staff; terminating our best and brightest employees who wish to not work within the hostile workplace this has become. Months after the close of the 7th floor in July 2013 and higher patient ratio to RN/LNA staff it is at a constant burn out state and extreme stress among staff with no outlet for relief. Staff is on edge and definitely takes it out on other staff members through harassment and bullying; and worst of all to patients through lack of quality care. Patients are not as safe as they should be since staff spends more time in the nursing stations than on the floor. Call bells and alarms are so constant that staff seems, admittedly by Elliot, to be ignored as not being as important as they should be deemed. Medications are constantly late and RNs are overwhelmed with their assignments; so much so you can find them crying in the back rooms often enough to be a clue something is wrong. LNAs never have time to complete much needed work (ie. patient bathing, re-positioning, and changing) when it is needed and then some do not care as long as they don't have anyone telling them to not sit around. Family members complain about the sub-care their loved ones are receiving and they are the ones claimed to be the issue. No one wants to discuss what really is happening in this organization because sweeping it under the rug seems easier to do than to fix the real issues. Elliot has a great track record, admittedly, that they start programs to ease the problems and never fully follow through. This type of behavior is not acceptable nor is it professional. There are cliques that cannot seem to be broken up and if you stand up for yourself; beware that you WILL in fact lose your job by any means they are able to come up with to make YOU look as if you are the problem. If you want to suggest how things can be better YOU will be terminated for even thinking you have a right to say anything. Someone should be investigating the HUGE turnover in this organization and asking the question of WHY?!? The reviews online and on their FB by staff who claim to have been railroaded are indeed true. It is seen often enough to leave a bad feeling with you about stepping out of line to help ensure patient satisfaction and safety. The lower employee has no voice and management doesn't seem to need much training in how to be great managers; which then lends itself to mismanaged departments and those who truly shouldn't be employed in the healthcare field to slip by with their misdeeds that should lead to termination. When there are managers/supervisors placing their personal friendships above their duty to delegate work flow it brings entire teams to their knees. It is easier for them to terminate those few who do stand up and speak out about the wrongs being committed then to step up and hire new employees who are dedicated to the patient because that is what healthcare SHOULD BE!! Caring with a heart and not thinking only about a paycheck and it is just a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your lower end employees more often. Making people feel like they are in fear for their positions is not a healthy nor nurturing safe environment; feeling not inspired any longer with the enchantment I once had about this organization and the amazing work we were doing for our community. Patients are not safe if staff is not on the floors more and if patient's families are complaining so often that another complaint officer had to be hired to handle the volume; then maybe blaming the patients should stop and the staff should honestly be looked upon as the cause for such dissatisfaction. This type of behavior that is being displayed and accepted now was never accepted previously. You will lose your best employees overall if this continues. Research what is being done to your already lost ones and you will find a pattern emerging of those who chose to ask for the organization to be safer and healthier for them to work in and time management to properly take care of patients. We have lost enough great nursing staff and the cost is being put on the patients and their families. If you truly cared about the patient vs the dollar you would be doing more than what you are to fix what is happening and you know it is happening. Is it just easier to ignore? Is it really easier to terminate your best employees under untrue claims to keep those who don't want to care and work? Frankly disgusted in working at this organization and embarrassing to admit this is where I work now. If only there was a way to expose behind the curtain activities!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management not supportive. Nurses not supported. Different standard for doctors.

Nurse (Current Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsStaff really cares. Excellent trauma and pediatric program. Staff does their best to work in difficult situations and support each other.

ConsIt is clear if you are a doctor, you can do no wrong. Management is very reactive in situations and will always side with doctor. High turnover and people are let go frequently. Insurance is horrible and there are no checks and balances to ensure the management is acting in an ethical manner. Unfair hiring practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the board of trustees does not look into the issues that exist, the problems will continue. There has to be support for the nurses, techs, aides, and the realization that the doctor is not always right.

It was great....10 years ago!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsGood cafeteria food.
    On-site daycare available to employees.
    Friendly staff.

ConsManagement has done a "number" on this place within the last few years. The benefits are relatively poor. No 403b match, limited raises and they cap salaries once you're at the upper end of the salary for your position. Their health benefits are a poor value also. They are "self insured" and you would think this would translate into savings for the employee...it doesn't. You're also heavy penalized if you seek care outside of the Elliot network with significantly higher deductibles.

Technology/equipment spending has been minimal during the past few years making them behind in the "technology curve". It has been impossible to get funding for any equipment replacement.

Very reluctant to help pay for continuing education expenses.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has access to a relatively new 457b plan. Some management personnel have also received company contributions into their 457b plans while the Elliot has stopped all company 403b matches. Funny how you guys found a way to line your own pockets isn't it? All we keep hearing is how money is tight and how we all need to do our best to not waste, cut spending, increase revenue,....and yet your salaries and retirement accounts continue to increase.

Okay place to work.

LNA (Former Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsThey have great training programs and management is fairly supportive. I enjoyed working with patients and it was a rewarding job emotionally. There was a good work life balance and when your shift was over you were able to leave without taking it home with you for the most part.

ConsSometimes you don't feel part of a team and you feel that you are on your own. The pay could have been a little better. There were a few nurses who treated LNAs in a condescending manner and acted as if the LNA were beneath them rather than just providing professional direction and supervision.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the employees in lower positions to have more of a voice.

Working for Elliot Hospital is..

ProsThere are lots of company perks like parties for employees.

ConsIt is difficult to get promoted / raises other than a small annual cost raise.

Fantastic Company

Rehabilitation Aide (Per Diem) (Former Employee) Hooksett, NH

ProsEmployee and patient oriented, prompt service, extremely professional and helpful in all endeavors.

ConsI couldn't work there more than I did.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-examine funding directed towards Physical Therapy and try to always maintain or improve facilities in order to provide even more effective treatment to patients.

Worked for Elliot Hospital? Contribute to the Community!