Elliot Hospital Reviews

1 Rating

1. Fantastic Company

Former Employee - Rehabilitation Aide (Per Diem) in Hooksett, NH
    Former Employee - Rehabilitation Aide (Per Diem) in Hooksett, NH

I worked at Elliot Hospital part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee and patient oriented, prompt service, extremely professional and helpful in all endeavors.

Cons

I couldn't work there more than I did.

Advice to Management

Re-examine funding directed towards Physical Therapy and try to always maintain or improve facilities in order to provide even more effective treatment to patients.

2. Disgruntled employees who fill out bad reviews

I have been working at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best place to work!! Friendly people. Elliot keeps trying to improve patient safety and quality. Hire great people and hold others accountable. Upper management truly cares!

Cons

Attention to either current staff or former staff: management never fires good people. You have to have documentation for multiple offenses before anyone is fired. Management is doing their job by you not knowing why they are truly fired.

Advice to Management

Need renovated or new hospital

3. I am (now) proud to be at the Elliot

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hospital (Chile)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hospital (Chile)

Pros

I have worked at The Elliot for 16 years. We got a new CEO last year and he is taking the organization in a very good direction. Communication has improved in a major way and the changes he is making are having avery positive impact. For the first time in 16 years I am excited for our future!

Cons

Some shifts still suffer from a lack of staff. Nursing leadership is very old school and not respectful towards nursing staff. There is a new nursing leader starting this summer so we are hopeful she will bing a new sense of direction and support of nursing

Advice to Management

Keep the communication going nd keep making the positive changes----there are more to be made

Great place to work

Current Employee - RN Case Manager
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager

I have been working at Elliot Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive people to work with. Positive changes.

Cons

Appears that management is becoming too top-heavy

Advice to Management

Don't forget Patient Centered Care!!

Nice Start

Former Employee - Laboratory Processing Technician in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Laboratory Processing Technician in Manchester, NH

I worked at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This job is a good beginning job. The people are relatively nice and the work it constant and simple. I'd say for a college grad, this is a good way to make some money straight out of college however, it won't lead anywhere. The location is nice and the cafe is great!

Cons

Alot of issues can arise here from co-workers bringing their personal problems to work. It can become an extremely unprofessional environment and make you question the management. They are slow to fill open positions, leaving portions of the lab severly understaffed. And although this allows for some overtime once and a while, it hurts morale and puts strain on work relations. There is also no opportunity for upward mobility. Although they may say crosstraining is available, it never becomes a reality due to under staffing. A pleasant work environment is what is truly lacking here and this becomes even more true with management who plays favorites.

Advice to Management

Be professional.

Nice place to work

Pros

It is in a great location.

Cons

The place is under new management.

Advice to Management

Bring back the turkeys.

8. Place of Teamwork

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work in maternity night shift as a nurse and I love working with the group of woman that I work with because every night I know I can expect Teamwork. Everyone helps each other when we each hit different busy parts of our shift. The way we make it through with still loving our job and having a good time in always helping each other out.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive, but who doesn't always want to make more money. Some equipment is way outdated but there is a plan in place to update the equipment... but that is taking it's sweet time

Advice to Management

More competitive pay, update equipment more frequently.

9. Working for Elliot Hospital is..

Pros

There are lots of company perks like parties for employees.

Cons

It is difficult to get promoted / raises other than a small annual cost raise.

10. Okay place to work.

Former Employee - LNA in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - LNA in Manchester, NH

I worked at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have great training programs and management is fairly supportive. I enjoyed working with patients and it was a rewarding job emotionally. There was a good work life balance and when your shift was over you were able to leave without taking it home with you for the most part.

Cons

Sometimes you don't feel part of a team and you feel that you are on your own. The pay could have been a little better. There were a few nurses who treated LNAs in a condescending manner and acted as if the LNA were beneath them rather than just providing professional direction and supervision.

Advice to Management

Allow the employees in lower positions to have more of a voice.

11. It was great....10 years ago!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I worked at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good cafeteria food. On-site daycare available to employees. Friendly staff.

Cons

Management has done a "number" on this place within the last few years. The benefits are relatively poor. No 403b match, limited raises and they cap salaries once you're at the upper end of the salary for your position. Their health benefits are a poor value also. They are "self insured" and you would think this would translate into savings for the employee...it doesn't. You're also heavy penalized if you seek care outside of the Elliot network with significantly higher deductibles. Technology/equipment spending has been minimal during the past few years making them behind in the "technology curve". It has been impossible to get funding for any equipment replacement. Very reluctant to help pay for continuing education expenses.

Advice to Management

Management has access to a relatively new 457b plan. Some management personnel have also received company contributions into their 457b plans while the Elliot has stopped all company 403b matches. Funny how you guys found a way to line your own pockets isn't it? All we keep hearing is how money is tight and how we all need to do our best to not waste, cut spending, increase revenue,....and yet your salaries and retirement accounts continue to increase.

RSS Feed </> Embed