Elliott Company

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Jeannette, PA
    Former Employee - Intern in Jeannette, PA

I worked at Elliott Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, friendly people, good compensation.

Cons

none, Elliott is a good company

none

Growing Strong

Current Employee - Engineer in Jeannette, PA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Jeannette, PA

I have been working at Elliott Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pleasant environment, team work and relaxed atmosphere. I learned to play Golf with my coworkers and I traveled around the world thanks to my job with the Elliott Group. I will never forget this company and its people. Tough but fair management. Gorgeous landscapes and rural area to breath clean air and grow your children....cost of living is very affordable.

Cons

Not really a Con, business are business. I had to leave because of business changes. I would work back for them though.

I wouldn't share any advice. Management is not my line of expertise. Elliott Benefits are one of the best in the industry, solid and well structured company. One of the best companies I have worked for.

Old Fashion

I have been working at Elliott Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is in overall Ok. The atmosphere is very laid back. Usually since is a small company you get good benefits.

Cons

Laid back attitude is not always good, sometimes management requires more attitude. Company is no looking forward to promote work/life balance. The old guard here is very resistant to any type of change.

Friendly and welcoming coworkers adapting to change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jeannette, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jeannette, PA

I have been working at Elliott Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great compensation, benefits and people. Can't get over how friendly and welcoming everyone is. If you need help ANYONE is willing and happy to help you. Departments call themselves "teams" and it can't be anymore true.

Cons

Adapting to change is always tricky and Elliott is affected by this just like any other company.

Keep doing what you're doing! Empower your employees and they will work hard for you in return!

Great experience and good pay for an intern

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Jeannette, PA
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Jeannette, PA

I worked at Elliott Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, good place to start an engineering carreer. Friendly work environment.

Cons

Was only able to work as an intern and when it came to being hired on full time they still wanted someone with more work experience.

I was only there for a summer and didn't have a whole lot of interaction with management. Most of the higher ups did seem like they have been there for a while.

Well respected company, without direction or sense of urgency.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Elliott Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well respected company in the industry, great people, world-wide footprint. They expect a lot of their employees, but that means the opportunity to learn and grow is always present. Compensation is acceptable, but below average for Houston. Pension plan is rare now-a-days but Elliott has one.

Cons

No sense of urgency or direction with senior management. Transparency at all levels of the organization is truly AWFUL.

Elliott is the smallest fish in a growing pond. All of Elliott's competitors are doing exciting things and applying turbo technology to new applications; but Elliott is happy to stay put.

Culture of blame the other guy is rampant, and promotions seem to go to people who've spent time considerable time in Jeannette, or to people that have a lot of friend in Jeannette.

The company operates as if Jeannette, PA is the center of the world. As proof, there is not a single VP level employee or higher that sits in Houston. How can the company be responsive to it's much larger customers (the big Oil companies and big EPC's) if we don't have adequate representation in Houston? The CEO ExxonMobil isn't going to fly to Jeannette to talk business!

If Senior Management doesn't wake up, then MHI will put you out of business. The clock is ticking; things have really gotten bad in the 3.5 years that I've worked there.

Great company to intern and work for!

Former Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Jeannette, PA
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Jeannette, PA

I worked at Elliott Company as an intern

Pros

-People are extremely nice.
    -Open-door policy
    -Lots to learn
    -Very meaningful projects
    -Weekly evaluations
    -Weekly reviews of goals
    -Respectful
    -People have been around for a long time
    -Manufacturing facility is within the same place, therefore you get to literally see it.
    -I noticed they run a lot of classes for personal growth

Cons

-They spend a lot of money on implementing ERP systems, but they don't put it to use.
    -Teams don't always work super close together to streamline things to make practices more lean, which is costing the company a lot of money.
    -Some people there are hesitant of change.

N/A

Ship without a rudder

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Jeannette, PA
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Jeannette, PA

I worked at Elliott Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

company has new facilities, and some talented contributors on staff. Most of people there are positive towards work, and there is a sense of wanting to get things done. Many projects to work on, that will make you want to join

Cons

It's an "old guard" regime. HR there is understaffed, and has too many differing agenda's to be effective. Very Status Quo in mentality. Essentially, there is the sense of lets do this the old way as it's a union shop, but very little moving in forward thinking or practices. The labor shop sets the tone for the company vs the other way around. Company is hamstringed by non innovative thinking, poor Process mapping and less than forward ability to embrace change. Those who can make changes won't, and there is more captains on the boat than sailors. Diss em-plowered employees. This mentality will make you want to leave

I think that there is a sense of management knowing the only way to get things done and those who've been with the company in manager roles are keeping the company from really being able to grow. I'd recommend that they embrace a much more contemporary view of the world vs the old 70's view that is pervasive there and find ways to get people engaged. HR has issues.

Growing

Former Employee - Product Engineering in Jeannette, PA
    Former Employee - Product Engineering in Jeannette, PA

I worked at Elliott Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great Experience, had a chance to experience engineering in it's entirety. Lot of calculations, meetings, and time to walk through the shop. Great Facility

Cons

Slow activity. I often didnt have much to do. Very little action taken to connect the interns to other interns.

n/a

Interesting work, but poor management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jeannette, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jeannette, PA

I worked at Elliott Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many employees work only 40 hours per week, the location is convenient to many employees, and the work is interesting.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement, most positions are filled from the outside. Limited opportunites for professional growth

There are outstanding workers within this company, take a moment to find and reward them.