Elliott Davis Reviews

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Elliott Davis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Elliott Davis is consistently rated as a "Best Place to Work". They have great flexibility and worklife balance and an excellent work environment. The firm is extremely involved in the community and has a great reputation. Employees are more than coworkers and spend time socializing outside of work.

Cons

Elliott Davis is a southeastern regional firm, so you don't have the option to start or transfer in other parts of the US.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Audit Intern  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Audit Intern in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Elliott Davis as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Good work life balance
    Upward mobility
    Close interaction with upper mgmt

Cons

None come to mind great place

Elliott Davis cares about their employees!

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Elliott Davis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Elliott Davis realizes their employees are their assets. Management's goal is to attract and keep talent by creating a career where work/life balance is important, encouraging employees to be the best they can be and providing the resources to achieve this. Elliott Davis is always open to new ideas that better the workplace and its employees. It truly is one of the "Best Places to Work".

Cons

Elliott Davis is a public accounting firm so there are times where work is seasonal and we work hard to meet our deadlines which may require overtime. Elliott Davis does the best it can to make our busy seasons enjoyable by providing meals on site, having casual days and doing nice things for its employees.

Please continue to show your appreciation to employees for all of our hard work. It is nice to be thanked for our dedication to our employer. Keeping us aware of the future plans of the company help make your employees feel part of the team. Thanks for sharing the information.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent!

Current Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Elliott Davis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and fun people to work with!

Cons

None that come to mind.

Keep it up!

Some offices are better than others

I have been working at Elliott Davis

Pros

High standard of work and expectations for auditors. Management is very knowledgeable for the most part, and offers much to learn. Good pay.

Cons

Experience with the firm seems to vary from office to office.

Some management can have a hard time seeing a subordinate's point of view and takes the side of the client when a disagreement arises. I would like to see management have a little understanding in these sorts of situations.

Great culture - friendly, professional, and progressive.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Elliott Davis full-time

Pros

You get treated like a person instead of a "human resource." Partners are approachable. Good clients and a good reputation in the southeast. People seem committed to quality work and doing the right thing.

Cons

Honestly, I wish I'd come here a long time ago, rather than starting at a national firm. It's not Big 4, so the prestige is not the same. on the other hand, you don't have to put up with the big firm BS.

Keep the culture strong.

Elliott Davis cares about its employees and strives to attract the best talent

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Elliott Davis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Elliott Davis goes above and beyond to make employees feel valued and appreciated. Hard work is noticed and people truly care about one another.

Cons

I have only been at Elliott Davis a short time and have nothing but glowing things to say.

Continue what you are doing to attract the best talent and grow our firm's brand.

Great place to work if you want to work in public accounting

I have been working at Elliott Davis full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the place to come work if you want to start and stay in public accounting. They are interested in employees staying with the firm long term - not working 2 years, getting burned out and going into industry. It seems like they are interested in working with employees as they progress in their career (and personal life) to make sure that they can stay with the firm regardless of their personal situation.
    They are also extremely active in the communities they are located in. The name recognition in SC is excellent and they are well respected in all locations.

Cons

Expansion will be limited to the southeast. If you are interested in transferring to the NY or Boston office in the next few years, this isn't the place for you.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Elliott Davis

Pros

Great learning experience and the management was always very helpful. I would highly encourage to try to work for Elliott Davis.

Cons

Busy season can be stressful. However, this is not limited to Elliott Davis. They do a great job balancing a healthy work/life environment.

Ups and downs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I worked at Elliott Davis

Pros

Great team in place. Great clients and a wide variety of clients to work on. Large enough firm to provide a broad range of opportunities. Long term stability of an older establised firm.

Cons

Management has seemed to become less and less understanding of employees needs. The firm is being run like a Big 4 factory instead of the personal, friendly firm of the past. The current leadership seems to make many mistakes in how things are communicated (or not communicated at all). The only personnel that seem to be appreciated are those that are bringing in large new clients. The morale has been very low, so it had gotten much more difficult to have a positive attitude there.

Be more open to new ideas and communicate with your valued employees.

Worked for Elliott Davis? Contribute to the Community!