Ellis Hospital Reviews

Ellis Hospital President and CEO James W. Connolly
James W. Connolly

1. They will be getting sued.nurses as well

I have been working at Ellis Hospital

Pros

None.why would there be.

Cons

Forges documents on patient information.then they dont sign off h there own names.sign patience names without consent.nurses will be getting fired. hope you enjoyed your nursing careers.because after I sue the crap out of all of you.you won't have nursing licenses.

Advice to Management

Be prepared for a major lawsuit. your grandchildren will need lawyers when I her through with you.

2. A company that will allow you to gain experience and pursue a career in healthcare.

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Schenectady, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Schenectady, NY

I worked at Ellis Hospital part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ellis will help you gain necessary experience in the healthcare industry and allow for you to meet plenty of people. The hospital has undergone several improvements and office space is spacious and nice. Managers provide flexibility to working hours. The hospital provides some formal training if you need it. Working as a technician or nurse allows you to see many people.

Cons

The food in the cafeteria leaves much to be desired. Do not expect to advancing up the ladder quickly, but hard work and putting in added effort can help facilitate a growing career at Ellis. Work can sometimes become boring and be very repetitive especially in administrative support roles (Finance, Statistics, Human Resources, etc.).

Advice to Management

The company is dedicated on service and quality, but there needs to be more communication between physicians and management (without medical experience) to further understand the complexities of the healthcare industry.

3. bad management

I have been working at Ellis Hospital full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

good physicians, nursing excellent,good working envoirnment

Cons

this hospital has rewarded people who are suck ups, there are a lot of fat cats in various departments sucking up the money,people who cannot speak coherently and fluently are in management positions that no other hospital on earth would hire.the only reason these people have a job is because they know people in administration,

Advice to Management

good first step - got rid of current CEO, continue to purge the departments of fat cats.

Doesn't care about employees

I have been working at Ellis Hospital

Pros

Many entry level positions
    Location(at least for me at the time)

Cons

Will work you to death and not care!

Advice to Management

Don't be so snobby with your employees! Just because some employees are better at sucking up doesn't mean they can do the job better than those who do not play politics as much! I was lucky to be very well liked but I saw amazingly talented coworkers forced out or choosing to leave based on their treatment! Those who stayed where not used to there full potential and given lower ranking and less challenging (boring) tasks while employees who sucked up but where not sometimes even competent giving the more important and challenging positions! Often they either slacked off so bad or where just unable to even do the position forcing others like myself who is a perfectionist to do not only my own job but MOST of theirs! Sometimes I was forced to essentially do three positions at once! I ended up leaving because I would have to work myself to exhaustion skipping breaks, my lunch and even going to the bathroom! I left because I was concerned about my health and never had anytime outside of work because I would be so exhausted! I was not the only employee to leave because of this! I was one of many!

6. Support staff

I have been working at Ellis Hospital part-time

Pros

Easy access to people who wants to work within there community.

Cons

Training should be more structured and envolved

Very political environment, senior team interested in saving own careers

Current Employee - Director in Schenectady, NY
    Current Employee - Director in Schenectady, NY

I have been working at Ellis Hospital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very dedicated employees; trying to do the right things every day although they do not see that same behavior in the leadership

Cons

The financial instability has made "job security" nonexistent. Employees joke about surviving another week of employment, whether management or front line staff. People are "laid off" monthly and their job elimination is never communicated to staff. People just disappear.

Advice to Management

This advice is actually for the board. Clean house. Get rid of the CEO and the senior team. Save Ellis so it will be there for the community. The current leadership is destroying Ellis and no one seems to be noticing that.

Horrible management

Former Employee - Clerical Coordinator
    Former Employee - Clerical Coordinator

I worked at Ellis Hospital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers, doctors are friendly

Cons

Horrible management. Never in be office and when they are they not pick everything. No sense of team. It's all about numbers and not the patient. Doctors are over worked offices are understaffed, but it's all about getting those numbers.
    Also way to many different managers, we don't need a director, operations and leads... To many hands in the pot
    When complained to HR they did nothing to solve any issue

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers, and stop gossiping and listening to here say. Remember why you got into the field.

9. ER Technician

Current Employee - Unit Support Technician in Schenectady, NY
    Current Employee - Unit Support Technician in Schenectady, NY

I have been working at Ellis Hospital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pays techs better than most area hospitals. Great team environment.

Cons

Took vacation days away. Policy says not to come in sick, but if you call in sick more than once in 3 months you get written up.

10. My experience working for Ellis Hospital was mostly positive.

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Schenectady, NY
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Schenectady, NY

I worked at Ellis Hospital full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Most people were very nice

Cons

Very large which made it sometimes impersonal

11. had to bring in a union just to feel respected and supported.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Ellis Hospital full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work with excellent nurses. They all put patients first. They strive for excellence. Recently won overwhelming vote for a union. Desparately needed.

Cons

Bad management. new adminisrrator knows little about how the unit operates. New hires not even told what their job responsibilities are simply because management does not know. Fired all the managers. No replacements for most. Top administrator came during the beginning of the union talks and raised his voice and pointed his finger in a nurses face. no trust at all

Advice to Management

Advise is to board of directors. Clean house. Get rid of top management. They are ruining your hospital.