Ellwood Thompson's

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Rick Hood

Under paid and never appreciated!!

Steward (Current Employee)
Richmond, VA

I have been working at Ellwood Thompson's full-time for more than a year

ProsYour co workers are usually really easy to get along with. You get a discount, and sometimes really cheep products. They offer insurance and paid time off to FT employees.

ConsThe pay is very low for most positions, $8 /hr. Raises are promised, but you really have to beg you mngr for it when the time comes. The store owner gets stuck on micro managing as oppose to looking at the needs of his employees. The building itself is gross, leaky pipes, rats, roaches, it sometimes smells of raw sewage in the basement! They are not Eco friendly they only use that as a selling point! They do not care about there employees they only care about $. Many of the upper management have actually lied on employees to have them fired. Sexual harassment from many managers and department heads. They make sure you know and feel that you are very easily replaced. I would not recommend working for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou say you care about the community, but if you did you would pay your employees, who live in the community, a fare wage, and stop catering so much to the wealthy. Or take that $10,000 raise the head of HR recieved this year and distribute it to the people really running your store, the hard working underpaid employees!

Most worst, unfair job of my life.

Richmond, VA

I have been working at Ellwood Thompson's full-time for less than a year

ProsAmazing lower base employees that really make the experience awesome.

ConsThe do not care how hard you work, they only care about money. They will literally work you overtime and justify it as not a legit overtime. Also, they make promises about raises, and then do not give them to you. They also, house management that continually sexually harass the women employees. They preach health and eco friendliness, but they provide in-organic produce and throw recycleables in the trash.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are eventually going to get sued.

Great concept - poor execution

Steward (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ellwood Thompson's

Pros- Employees support the mission of the store and are VERY knowledgable

ConsManagement/Onwership is more concerned with profits than the mission

Worked for Ellwood Thompson's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ellwood Thompson's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ellwood Thompson's CEO Rick Hood. All reviews posted anonymously by Ellwood Thompson's employees.