Elmcroft Senior Living

Updated January 21, 2015
2.2

Pat Mulloy

Favorite Job

I have been working at Elmcroft Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Getting to the know the residents is definitely the best part about working at an Elmcroft facility. There are also great leadership team members.

Cons

Company only has two official holidays - Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.

It would be great to put in place goal oriented incentive plans for direct care staff.

No respect for the workers that do work

Current Employee - Care Giver in Victoria, TX
    Current Employee - Care Giver in Victoria, TX

I have been working at Elmcroft Senior Living

Pros

Most residents treat you like in are their own family and also I do love helping people.

Cons

A few workers will not help, some are always late or call in every other day, alot of workers won't pull their weight so the other care giver has to double, sometimes triple the work, managers keep adding more and more work, most of time, it's hardly enough time to go to restroom or eat, and the 30 min break is still taken out of check, there have been times I worked a floor by myself and did not have titime to urinate or take care of personal female duties for the 8 hours I was there. Not good. The managers will listen to what you have to say, but nothing gets done if there is a problem. They say it's not in the budget for another kitchen aid, but have hired 3 more girls to work the floors along with 2 more new hires. Keep messing with our shifts after they tell us something else. Don't lie and say someone has this shift but then 2 days later switch them. I Left my old job and came here thinking itd be diff, but its worse.

Help more. Apprect and respect your wokers. Stop adding more work. If youre going to make the caregivers also do house keeping and also help cook and serve and clean dishes in kitchen on top of showering and helping residents get to bed and laundry, you need to pay them more, or hire one more kitchen aid and house keeper. Raises would be nice.

Not a company id favor.

Elmcroft senior living

I have been working at Elmcroft Senior Living

Pros

The front line staff, families & residents.

Cons

Unethical practice in using too little staff in caring for residents.
    Poor pay for staff.

Think of someone else's pocketbook than your own!

An extremely dysfunctional management and support team

I worked at Elmcroft Senior Living

Pros

Benefits are good IF you are a salaried employee.

Cons

Non competitive wages for hourly employees, mandatory holidays and weekends. Top priority at Elmcroft is resident census without any thought, care or proper training given to the unqualified employees they hire, which results in an incredibly high employee turnover rate, including Executive Directors, Customer Relations Directors and Resident Services Directors. This company just doesn't seem to get it and the result is that residents pay for far more services than they are contractually guaranteed upon move in.

Corporate executives need to spend some time reevaluating the people they send to Elmcroft facilities to hire upper management teams. Currently, the choices made are quite clearly out of desperation, leaving chaos and low employee moral, none of which is good for residents or their loved ones who are unknowingly depending on a company that has come to own a reputation in the health care field that is far less than desirable.

Don't risk your license

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Elmcroft Senior Living

Pros

The other nurses i've met

Cons

Nurse pt ratio is crazy Always short staffed Inappropriate admissions

Reconsider if quantity of residents is really more important than quality of care Take care of your staff instead of burning them out

If you value your license and sanity Run!!!!!!

I have been working at Elmcroft Senior Living

Pros

The Residents and there families !

Cons

Incompident Nursing Staff, insubordiant CNAs that care more about flirting with maitnence then caring for the Residents! RSD that is two faced and plays the staff against each other!

Find People with out agendas of there own

Elmcroft...lots of promises....

Former Employee - Executive Director in Kingsport, TN
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Kingsport, TN

I worked at Elmcroft Senior Living

Pros

Teamwork at community, building team and brand.

Cons

Lack if support at regional and corporate level, disconnect from reality of day to day function to care for residents. Promised support, growth, marketing plan and was stabbed in back instead.

Connect and support team at communities

I have been here for some time now and opportunity for Growth is slime

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Elmcroft Senior Living

Pros

The experience you get is the best thing

Cons

Wages are pretty bad on my opinion

Offer some opportunities to advance and gain better wages

Community Relations Director

Former Employee - Community Relations Director
    Former Employee - Community Relations Director

I worked at Elmcroft Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The mission and ideals of Elmcroft are great - on paper. The compensation and benefits were legit and the residents were absolutely amazing.

Cons

Lack of training on standards, the company's culture and sales expectations. The overall company's concern is more about the numbers and dollars as opposed to providing care for the residents and creating an environment for these seniors to thrive - which the competitors are doing. The expectation to be available 24/7 in unrealistic as well as the expectation to meet sales standards when so many other things are broken throughout the community and the overall company makes it totally not worth it. The work/life balance is near zero for community management.

Work with the communities to learn about the struggles they are having and actually listening to what you can do to help instead of turning a deaf ear and expecting them to fix it with no help. The Regional Directors need to learn about each community's individual market - none of them are the same. What is working in Ohio and Kentucky isn't going to work in Texas, Michigan or Florida. There are different competitors, different ethnicities - which leads to so many more differences, different needs and external communities. No two communities can function the same and you can't make them.

Filling in for the permanent health care coordinator arrival

Former Employee - Interim HCC in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Interim HCC in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Elmcroft Senior Living as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The employees from the CNAs to upper management were very accommodating in their assistance and providing me with the knowledge of the building and residents in order get further along in preparation of their state audit. While I was there everyone worked together and were pleasant and kind to their residents.

Cons

The biggest challenge was learning on my own the guidelines of their company and do it the Elmcroft say. Any suggestion given for improvement and preparation for state audit never were tried.

May sure that you have enough employees working so new employees have the proper amount of orientation before going on their own.
    In a memory care unit these resident's can't do anything on their own and need a one on one caregiver for all LHPS needs; even reminders. It takes time to get everyone ready for the day and they should look their best from a.m. to p.m.
    A housekeeper is needed the entire shift to ensure proper cleaning.