Elmer's Crane and Dozer

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Troy Broad

This company values integrity, quality, and service!

I have been working at Elmer's Crane and Dozer full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPays for my entire families health insurance base plan - at no cost to me. Provides free yearly Wellness check by third party to get free yearly insurance. Provides dollar match for every dollar contributed up to 3% of salary for 401(k). Great pay for work performed. Co-workers are fun, respectful, and top notch. Best Company Picnic! Great equipment that is safe, clean, and runs well. Free safety training to employee to update qualifications. They understand the best asset they have is me and my co-workers (their employees.)

ConsPay starts when you get on the jobsite. Plus side - If you travel outside of the local radius (out of town) you do get a per diem. Another plus, they actively pursued work out of their usual service radius to keep employees working. I appreciate the effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep looking to grow local work. I like sleeping in my own bed at night.

Elmer's has gotten away with treating employees like dirt for too long. No more.

Operator (Former Employee)
Traverse City, MI

I worked at Elmer's Crane and Dozer full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice equipment to work with on job sites. Smart, friendly co-workers outside of middle and upper management. Decent benefits. Interesting and always changing jobs.

ConsNo pay for drive time. Minimal benefits. Upper-management that hinder progress on job sites. Managers that provide no value-add other than to ride employees to do what they already know needs to be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit riding around in your company provided trucks being middle-management and actually do your jobs or find people to replace you. Quit being cheap and pay for drive time like most other employers.

Worked for Elmer's Crane and Dozer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Elmer's Crane and Dozer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Elmer's Crane and Dozer CEO Troy Broad. All reviews posted anonymously by Elmer's Crane and Dozer employees.