Elwood Staffing

Elwood Staffing is an excellent Company to work for

Current Employee - Staffing Assistant in Elk City, OK
    Current Employee - Staffing Assistant in Elk City, OK

I have been working at Elwood Staffing

Pros

Elwood has so much to offer to their employees. Great pay and benefits along with an amazing staff around the US & Canada.

Cons

The only cons I would have to say I have is, there is a lot more to the staffing industry than I expected.

They helped me get into the position that I wanted!

Current Employee - Administration in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Administration in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Elwood Staffing as a contractor

Pros

They helped me get into a better position to further my career

Cons

No branch close to my location

Poor mans salary from a company with unrealistic expectations.

Former Employee - Staffing Manager
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager

I worked at Elwood Staffing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They give you a decent vacation package when you start. 2 weeks PTO but no sick days.

Cons

This company will burn you out faster then any and not even batting an eye. They grossly under staff the branches and expect everyone to do the work of 2 people which is extremely stressful. The company itself is very cheap and force you to have to spend money from your own pocket to have things like water and functional office equipment. The owners of the company are very self absorbed. They say they like feedback about ways to improve the company but when you give it they reply with a generic response and nothing ever comes of it. By far one of the worst companies I have ever worked for.

Actively listen to your employees. Employees should not have to pay out of their own pockets to have water and fictional office equipment. Reevaluate your compensation packages if you want people to work the job of 2-3 people and set your expectations so high.

This is the worst company to work for in Prescott, Arizona. They are not helpful in finding jobs that are worth keeping

I worked at Elwood Staffing

Pros

I can not think of any pros

Cons

this is the worst company to work for

Road to Nowhere, but the scenery is nice while you are driving.

Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at Elwood Staffing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Good entry-level industry and role for someone trying to get into B2B sales role. Lots of access to diverse industries and opportunity to see different sectors within as well as determine your own career objectives and areas of interest before moving on to your next role.
    - great people in their branches
    - great consultants and associates and a feeling of having made an impact with what you do by helping put food on tables

Cons

- While they are the size of a large enterprise on paper, they have the infrastructure and tools of not one, but multiple SMEs and decision-making is all made (even the low-impact or field-related calls) by a team of white males with ownership or interest.
    - Decisions are not made with data
    - Employees are kept in the dark on many changes to reduce push-back. Most of the sales roles have no idea how or where their commissions come from or how to track them. The ones that are good and want to be able to maximize income leave, the ones who are happy with whatever Elwood puts on their checks are ineffective
    - Low pay for the industry
    - Because of the structure, very little opportunity to advance

- consider management training initiatives and metrics. The field has no consistency and an atmosphere of fear because there is no standard
    - Use the field as a resource prior to rolling out blanket initiatives. There is a better chance of buy-in if they feel they are contributors. Regional focus groups would help.
    - Consider identifying strengths in current team and maximizing those skills through industry-specific initiatives. It would also be an incentive to those sales team members who are frustrated by the lack of management opportunities

Okay

Current Employee - On-Site Manager
    Current Employee - On-Site Manager

I have been working at Elwood Staffing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pros: It's a great stepping stone into a career path in HR.

Cons

Compensation is minimal, especially for all the duties you are expected to do.

Many temporary assignments, but difficult to find true "Temp to Hire" positions.

Current Employee - Dupont Pioneer in Plymouth, IN
    Current Employee - Dupont Pioneer in Plymouth, IN

I have been working at Elwood Staffing as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Change of pace between assignments
    Choose when you want to work and which assignments to accept

Cons

No definite schedule
    No definite income
    Lack of initiative by the company to find you "Temp to Hire," positions

Ethical and Honest

I have been working at Elwood Staffing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Elwood prides itself on being an ethical and honest company staffing company. These values are communicated and embodied from the top down. Integrity is important to me and I feel honored to work for a staffing company that places a very high priority here. Also, there is nothing more rewarding than helping companies find great talent and helping people find meaningful employment. I love what I do!

Cons

Staffing is a very demanding industry to work in and Elwood is no exception to that. With the demands of my position, It is difficult to have a good work-life balance.

Totally unreliable waste of time and money

Current Employee - Frac Operator in Alice, TX
    Current Employee - Frac Operator in Alice, TX

I have been working at Elwood Staffing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get hired quick. . Too quick..

Cons

You never know if you are to have your job the next day. You ask them a question and they never know anything. The interview process was a joke. Completely unprofessional. My supervisor at a current job resigned from his position to go work for this company, then 2 weeks later he got laid off. We get notified that there is a freeze in the positions upcoming after wasting so much time and gas in going to the interviews and drug tests. They say it can take a month to 6 months and may be even a year. What in the world is wrong with these people. Definitely an experience to learn from. I don't recommend it.

Have some knowledge, they never know anything for certain, they never call you, and they treat you like an unworthy human being.

Effortless

I worked at Elwood Staffing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Got me a job with great people surrounding me there.

Cons

Takes money out each of your checks. NOT FRIENDLY. I got called to come talk to Elwood at HR, and was told I had a final notice for "Not calling in one day", when I DID. I told the lady that I did call in, I just called in the day before to give more warning. She said "Oh... Well they voicemails are deleted already so it is not there." She told me don't be tardy or absent again or I will be fired, and the next day my freeway was shut down and I was forced to quit.

Care about the people you hire on.