Elwood Staffing

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark S. Elwood

Internally Speaking, Decent Company To Work For

Staffing Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsThorough training, lots of room to refine administrative skills and human resource experience, and every day is something different. This job was definitely an amazing one that helped me gain the experience needed to advance in HR. It's also quite gratifying helping others achieve employment.

ConsCompensation is completely uncompetitive in our market place (any position in our office paid less than $30k), hours are always on-call and we've worked 12 hour days 7 days a week for months, dependant on client needs. There is little upword growth in an office (Staffing Assistant > Staffing Manager > On Site Specialist > Branch Manager) so you're forced to relocate if youre striving for advancement opportunities. Company expectations can be a bit unrealistic.

The reason I left this company was the staggering amount of duties we're responsible for (interviewing, on-site drug screening, orientation and on boarding associates into data bases, coaching and performance reviews for associates, payroll processing, marketing and job posting, skills testings, application processing, hiring documentation, work place injury reporting, and the list goes on and on) without adequate pay. You often are required to place associates in better paying, entry level positions than you yourself have.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince the recent merger of SOS Employment Group to Elwood Staffing had occurred, hourly positions became salaried with inadequate wages. I'd reevaluate the vast gap in, time and resources invested into training your staff, and how their post training wages reflect your feelings of your employees "worth".

Will never go through this staffing agency again!

Line Assembler With Honda Manufacturer of Alabama (Current Employee)
    Lincoln, AL

ProsCan't really think of any!

Consdoesnt care about employees and the benefits are very expensive

Good Experience! Looks Good on a Resume

Elwood Staffing (Current Employee)
    Greensburg, IN

ProsWorking with great people and I mean fellow employees not managers! I work for Elwood Staffing an have been with them for over a year and thankful for the paycheck!

ConsThe hiring process for Elwood Staffing to become fulltime is terrible! The have Elwood people do the grunt work while fultime employees get to stand around. I dont mind working hard to get a paycheck but me an a couple fellow Elwood Staffing Employees would like fultime positions especially since we have been there over a year! It is like a slap in a face when they hire people off the streets an they have us that has been there this long!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to listen to there Elwood associates and try everything in there power to get us hired on instead of hiring outside! I think we have proven ourselves after this long! We have no one to speak up for us! I have seen new people come a go an I am still staring you in the face wanting a position! You lose alot of good people due to this negligence

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lacking integrity

Selector (Current Employee)
    Greenfield, IN

ProsThe will place you in a position quickly.

ConsThe position might now be what you are expecting. I was told that the position was in a warehouse picking orders. It turns out that they wanted people to lump loads on a dock. Completely disingenuous.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest when you are placing people. The company I was at has had an account with you for some time, so you knew (greenfield, Indiana branch) what you were doing.

Minimal assistance required for the contracted position that I was assigned to.

Business Applications Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsMultiple Elwood Branch office locations.

ConsLocation to the original contracting office (Goshen, IN...I live in Niles, MI). Their South Bend office would be much more convenient.

Predatory staffing agency.

Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee)
    Ogden, UT

ProsFound me a job quick.

ConsManagement was totally unsympathetic to my needs as a hard-working and valuable employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not work for this agency unless you are ready to be treated as a replaceable and totally expendable nobody. If you are only looking for some quick money then maybe you can stand it for a week or so. But if you are interested in temp-to-hire then you will become their dog.
     You could work yourself ragged on an assignment yet receive little or no respect from the office people at Elwood. I've worked for many staffing agencies over the years, including SOS, which was the name of the company that Elwood took over. With SOS you got a tough but fair treatment as long as you were honest and worked hard. They took care of you. Elwood does not. They figure if you don't like the way they things then you can walk because there are plenty of other people out there whom they can suck their commission out of.
      Keep this in mind: for whatever hourly wage you are earning Elwood is getting at least half that for the work that you are doing for their client companies. They do have to spend part of that to insure you, the temp worker but believe me, they are making truckloads of money! And in essence: you are their customer. If you are working hard then you should be treated with a certain amount of respect. Elwood does not run on this philosophy. If you really want to get hired on with a company that they are sending you out to use caution.
      Elwood is the worst company in regards to customer satisfaction that I have ever worked for and in today's market that means a lot I feel since temporary staffing agencies are becoming the go-to for companies that wish to hire new employees. It's a shame that predatory companies like Elwood are capitalizing of hard-working Americans yet they feel that they can crap all over us.

Great outlook for growing Company

Pros- Understands the industry
    - Great customer service
    - Growth opportunities for the right people
    - Appreciates and acknowledges staff

Cons- Growing fast with a recent acquisition of SOS Employment Group which has caused some growing pains. They are dealing with them the right way.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing.

Its a job

Customer Service (Current Employee)

ProsThe pay checks are usually correct and always on time.

ConsThe office staff is unhelpful. When you walk into the office, you will not see anyone. When they finally come out, they act as if you are bothering them and interrupting their personal time. If you ask for anything, even regular job related info, they will not help you.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the office staff go through customer service training. They seem to be lacking in this area.

I had a good experience with elwood staffing.

Builder (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsThey placed me in the job I wanted.

ConsThe job ended after six mo.s

Advice to Senior Managementcontinuie doing a good job

They are very thorough in explaining how the company works.

ProsI have not been steered wrong on the position assigned.

ConsWhen they have a position they are working on, I do not receive follow up confirmation as to whether the job is on/off.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould like follow up calls. Otherwise the employees there are very pleasant to work with.

Worked for Elwood Staffing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Elwood Staffing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Elwood Staffing CEO Mark S. Elwood. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Elwood Staffing employees.