Elysian Hotels

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Richard "Rick" Evanich

One of the best experiences of my career!

Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe opportunities to contribute to the overall success of the hotel were abundant. Promoted a great work life balance. Due to the supportive environment, co-workers were amazing and were very passionate about the success of this property and the company on the whole. Management embraced participation from all departments and were outstanding at encouraging growth within the company.

ConsDue to the sale of the company, promotions within the company (and the following company) came to a halt.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis was a great company to work for and the opportunities seemed endless. It is a shame that the property was sold as the changes have affected all who continue to work with the new company.

They are 86

Bus Boy (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFree lunch with a 15 minute break loads of free used food from weddings and cake. Free lunch with a 15 minute break loads of free used food from weddings and cake

ConsNo bathrooms. Free lunch with a 15 minute break loads of free used food from weddings and cake

Advice to Senior ManagementSell. Free lunch with a 15 minute break loads of free used food from weddings and cake

People are not important

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe offices are very pretty.

ConsCEO and upper management have very inflated egos. Very demanding in every way, but you're not compensated well enough and his status isn't high enough to back it up. A perfectly done job is deemed unacceptable if not printed on the correct paper. For internal documents.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management. That sounds harsh, and I don't mean to be glib, but as nice as most of the upper management (of the development group, not hotel) is, they have no business being the group running the show. They don't know a thing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No consistency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPretty workspace, otherwise it's hit or miss

ConsPossiblity for advancement, treatment, salary...it all varies quite drastically based on management

Advice to Senior ManagementTo inspire loyalty in your team, you need to treat them well. Jobs are not worth our self respect or dignity.

Worked for Elysian Hotels? Contribute to the Community!