Elysian Hotels

www.elysianhotels.com

Elysian Hotels Reviews

2.9

Richard "Rick" Evanich

One of the best experiences of my career!

Former Employee - Director of Information Technology  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director of Information Technology in Chicago, IL

I worked at Elysian Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The opportunities to contribute to the overall success of the hotel were abundant. Promoted a great work life balance. Due to the supportive environment, co-workers were amazing and were very passionate about the success of this property and the company on the whole. Management embraced participation from all departments and were outstanding at encouraging growth within the company.

Cons

Due to the sale of the company, promotions within the company (and the following company) came to a halt.

This was a great company to work for and the opportunities seemed endless. It is a shame that the property was sold as the changes have affected all who continue to work with the new company.

They are 86

Former Employee - Bus Boy  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Bus Boy in Chicago, IL

I worked at Elysian Hotels

Pros

Free lunch with a 15 minute break loads of free used food from weddings and cake. Free lunch with a 15 minute break loads of free used food from weddings and cake

Cons

No bathrooms. Free lunch with a 15 minute break loads of free used food from weddings and cake

Sell. Free lunch with a 15 minute break loads of free used food from weddings and cake

People are not important

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Elysian Hotels

Pros

The offices are very pretty.

Cons

CEO and upper management have very inflated egos. Very demanding in every way, but you're not compensated well enough and his status isn't high enough to back it up. A perfectly done job is deemed unacceptable if not printed on the correct paper. For internal documents.

Get new management. That sounds harsh, and I don't mean to be glib, but as nice as most of the upper management (of the development group, not hotel) is, they have no business being the group running the show. They don't know a thing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No consistency

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Elysian Hotels

Pros

Pretty workspace, otherwise it's hit or miss

Cons

Possiblity for advancement, treatment, salary...it all varies quite drastically based on management

To inspire loyalty in your team, you need to treat them well. Jobs are not worth our self respect or dignity.

Worked for Elysian Hotels? Contribute to the Community!