www.emcare.com

Todd G. Zimmerman

Love my job!

Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at EmCare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company truly cares for its employees! As big as they are they seem to remember exactly where they started and the actually appreciate hard work and sacrifice!! The pay and benefits are amazing and there is nowhere in Pensacola that you will make this much money and actually enjoy your work! My coworkers and even management are amazing!

Cons

I cannot think of any :)

Keep up the great work!

Good place to get experience

Former Employee - Credentials Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Credentials Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at EmCare

Pros

People and atmosphere are great. Lots of socializing so if you prefer that to working this could be the place for you.

Cons

Communication disconnects between upper management and middle management. Some lax protocols in place, could use some revision of policies and procedures. Pay is low

midlevel

I have been working at EmCare

Pros

Great Pay for midlevels in the ER, night differential,

Cons

no vacation or sick time, poor communication. people need self scheduling

Rude HR, Upper/Middle manage are clueless

Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Pensacola, FL

I worked at EmCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can meet some really great doctors, some of your coworkers are the best. They are flexible in some areas.

Cons

Middle management is completely clueless, when you go to HR or Upper management they play the role of "I'm shocked" but nothing EVER happens. If you challenge anything they feel is right to them you will get walked out the door. You're ALWAYS wrong, they claim to be a family but don't have the first clue as to what a FAMILY is about. Too much nepotism (EPS DIVISION) going on and they fail to realize when middle management does not know how to do their job. HR is rude and a joke, she talks to you any way she feels and thinks its ok, don't bother calling Coporate HR b/c they to talk down to you and take nothing seriously.

Try listening to the people that actually DO the work, they acutally know what's going on. Instead of sweeping issues under the rug how about addressing them and dealing with them head on instead of acting like there are not REAL concerns. I think when all but 2 people complain about an incident it's not a coincidence, especially if those that have an issue NEVER had one before. A lawsuit will come about the EPS office soon if they don't get a grip on this matter.

Site Coordinator

Former Employee - Site Coordinator in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Site Coordinator in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at EmCare

Pros

Loved working with all the people, especially the doctors. Enjoyed all the aspects of the position. Good Pay and benefits as well.

Cons

I only wished I could have done part of my job from home.

Management listens to employees and have great feedback.

Current Employee - Er Physician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Er Physician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at EmCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling when enough physicians are on staff

Cons

It has been said that administration is not very loyal to its physicians

Physicians are your bread and butter

Great place to work!!

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Pensacola, FL

I worked at EmCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to work in Pensacola. Great people, great pay, room for advancement and recognition. Felt valued & like I had a voice in some decision making.

Cons

Some office politics allowed for some dead weight employees to inexplicably stay on board & some playing of favorites. Work could be a bit monotonous.

Think Hard

I have been working at EmCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very little, Maybe receiving a paycheck.

Cons

No communication from management. Pay not in accordance to state in which you live. Total disregard for extended personnel. If you are not a physician you don't matter. No room for advancement

Get to know your administrative staff in the different facilities. Hear and listen to them. Pay comparable to the region in which you work. Different states have a higher cost of living.

OK Job

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at EmCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Compensation is decent for the area. Great work-life balance. Office location and views are amazing. Follow co-workers are alright.

Cons

Office culture can be atrocious. There is clearly favoritism being played. Advancement opportunities basically don't exist. The job is very monotonous, we sit at a desk all day for meager commissions while a VP out in the field is raking in millions. Hourly paid employees are treated like elementary school children. Communications between divisions is awful. The different divisions act like completely different companies.

Your hourly paid employees enable this company to make billions, treat them as you would salary based employees. Stop forcing us to take PTO at the end of the year, some would rather save their earned time off. Pull the separate divisions back together and get everyone on the same page, at the end of the day we all work for the same company.

Good company to work with

Current Employee - Physician
    Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at EmCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company have good structure and support for physicians. And these support staff seem to have low turnover rate. I am still talking with the same people when I need help after two years.

Cons

Health benefits are only available for full-time employees. I would like to commit to work for the company, but also wish to work half-time/part-time (not per-diem) instead of full-time. But half-time/part-time workers don't get to buy health benefits from the company. I am still with the company full-time bacause I like the company. However, I always look for other opportunities, only to seek an employer which would offer health insurance to half-time employees.

Consider offering health benefit to half-time physician employees. Just to speak for myself, I am willing to pay more premiums as a part-time employee so that I can avoid purchasing Obamacare insurance.

EmCare Photos