EmbanetCompass

Updated Apr 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dr. Gloria Pickar

Good entry level experience but company is losing focus

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at EmbanetCompass full-time for more than a year

ProsCoworkers are creative and promote new techniques. Good environment if you're looking for entry level experience in instructional design or student services.

ConsRecently mass hiring has diluted talent brought in and training is not provided to get new team members up to speed (training is pushed onto employees without direct report responsibilities). Management is disorganized and many leadership positions do not embody company values. Partners are made promises that lower level staff can not deliver. Company is not using 'leading edge' technologies and in-house multimedia team lacks technical expertise in web/mobile technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress the gaps in training (you are an education company!). Managers should have consistent messaging across direct reports. Stop brainstorming about initiatives and execute a single process that impacts the daily routine of employees.

Good company, but not great

Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at EmbanetCompass full-time for less than a year

ProsThey were pretty flexible about hours (if you had to come in late, etc. for an appointment). They also did parties and events for the employees frequently.

ConsThey were very lead-focused and not necessary focusing on the student and their experience. New Enrollment Advisors were expected to meet the same quotas as Advisors who had been with the program for a long time and already had a base in which they had cultivated. It wasn't realistic or fair to expect that of someone who was starting from scratch would be able to meet the same enrollment quotas as the others.

Becoming a call center

Student Advisor (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at EmbanetCompass full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany recently purchased by Pearson Education so there is potential for future growth opportunities

ConsBecoming a low tech call center environment in a growing high tech education delivery model

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise salaries for student facing employees since they are not eligible for bonuses or eliminate bonuses across the company. The department that is responsible for 80% of revenue is the lowest paid in the company

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Reasons to work for EmbanetCompass

I have been working at EmbanetCompass for more than a year

ProsThe company is very entrepreneurial, allows for a great opportunity to make an impact, and is highly collegial with a strong focus on cross-functional communication and teamwork.

ConsFor those in upper management, there were fewer opportunities to grow within the organization. Although we have just been purchased and are now a subsidiary of the multinational Pearson, so that should substantially improve our options.

Worked for EmbanetCompass? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EmbanetCompass reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EmbanetCompass CEO Dr. Gloria Pickar. All reviews posted anonymously by EmbanetCompass employees.