Embraer Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Frederico Curado

Pros
  • Good benefits, high end technology, good opportunities (in 6 reviews)

• Lots of opportunity, beautiful aircraft, great benefits, Florida living( (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management are puppets to Brazil (in 5 reviews)

• No RH policy, meritocracy does not exist (in 3 reviews)

product development engineer

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer I in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Embraer (Less than a year)

Pros

good working environment, nice people

Cons

low salary, too opened work space

Lead Avionics Specialist

I worked at Embraer

Pros

Great project, and co workers are great to work with.

Cons

No loyalty from management, regular turnover of personnel filling management positions. Can't trust higher ups.

Advice to Management

Find you backbone and be loyal to your employees

Purchaser

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Embraer

Pros

Employees are helpful and great to work with. Pay is low if you are a contract employee

Cons

Purchasing department is mismanaged with a lot of turn over due to the poor representation of a dishonest Management personnel. Management demeans the team on a regular basis

Advice to Management

Replace purchasing management with an honest personnel that the team can trust and work well with.

Good Company but low pay.

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer I in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Embraer

Pros

Great projects and major opportunity in Melbourne Florida.

Cons

Very low Salarys and low raises.

Educational

Former Employee - Engineer in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Engineer in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Embraer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the bells and whistles you get with any large company regarding retirement plans and benefits. The Brazilians are, for the most part, very nice people who appear willing to do whatever it takes to overcome an issue or series of issues. The company has been around for years and is producing marketable products, look at their client list. Embraer clearly has the technical and engineering expertise needed.

Cons

I was one of the first 8 or 10 hired to the Melbourne engineering office, i.e. long before the new building was constructed across the street from production. I was hired to help revamp the 650 interior in an effort to make it more competitive within its market sector. I've been involved with VIP and VVIP aircraft interiors for over 20 years and of course this is why I felt I was made a member of the team. I was excited about the program and looked forward to providing the necessary assistance to get the ball rolling. Well needless to say, the ball never got rolling! Bits and pieces were dribbled to Melbourne from Brazil and there was no, I mean no, management of this data in an effort to make sure the work was accomplished efficiently if at all. We were literally left every day to do nothing or next to nothing as Brazil was completely reluctant to turn over any authority to the Melbourne office. Additionally, there was little to no communication infrastructure in place between the US office and Brazil, none! One just hoped to meet a counterpart in the Brazil office that he or she could contact as a point of contact there. My time with Embraer taught me that cultural differences are huge. The way that we do things in the US under FAA regulations are completely different than the way Brazilians work with ANAC in Brazil. And you'll notice I said "under" with regard to the FAA and "with" regarding ANAC. There's a difference! Those who have some familiarity with the two agencies and who they govern, know what I'm talking about. To sum up, Embraer US Engineering management is the worst I've worked with. Production was fine, they are managed by US passport holders who know how things have to be done in the US, the engineering office needs to be managed by US passport holders as well.

Advice to Management

If you are going to run a company in the US to gain a foothold in our market, fine but research how things are done in our market before you open and office here. Clearly the FAA does things differently from ANAC and knowing that before setting up shop could have saved you millions! Also, if you are going to set up an engineering office in the US, research how it is to be run efficiently before doing so. This can be done by hiring/paying Americans who Know. Don't bring a Brazilian who doesn't have a clue! Trying to control and limit a US satellite office from Brazil is just asking for trouble. I wish all the best for Embraer Melbourne, I'm sure the deep pockets will overcome the hurdles at some point.

Disorganized Engineering Management

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Embraer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Embraer gives fair benefits. You have job security, because there's always more work than hands to do it. Engineering dept. specific: Reasonably relaxed work environment (business casual, jeans on Friday, salary, track your own hours).

Cons

The parent company is in Brazil. If you don't speak Portuguese fluently you'll be spinning your wheels more often than not. Little *real* growth potential when you already get paid more than your Brazilian counterparts but don't qualify or there is no opening for lead or management roles. Engineering dept. specific: Management is disorganized, non-communicative, or just plain short-sighted. There is no evidence of planning ahead. Projects launch without sufficient information, issues raised are ignored until inevitably delivery dates are missed, employees are pressured to "get it done now" instead of "get it done right" and the processes are ignored and this creates new issues and compounding delays.

Advice to Management

Ensure following established processes is the *only* way to work. Import more processes, training, and standards from Brazil *proactively*, instead of each new product being fraught with surprises. Shield your people from criticism and pressure when things go wrong. Establish *more conservative* estimates of time and manpower, and never try to compress schedules when things are critical. The engineers in Brazil seem to avoid these issues. Maybe it's just their relaxed attitude and environment? But if your employees are stressed, they will eventually leave. Pay competitive wages and make aggressive counter-offers or you'll lose your best talent and repeat the "growing pains" with each new project. Your competitors seem to think I'm worth 2 pay grades above where I am now, and I'm looking at the possibility of a raise that is little more than inflation... Do I soldier on, unappreciated, under pressure, or do I at worst gamble on being in the same situation but with much better pay?

8. excelente compnay with great benefits, but be carefull with people there

Current Employee - Stress Analysis Engineer
    Current Employee - Stress Analysis Engineer

I have been working at Embraer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good salarie when you compare with other companies in brazil and great benefits

Cons

you have to show what is good and stand pulling the head of the bag all the time to move up the career because otherwise you had been stagnant

Advice to Management

you have opportunities for do trainningand travels , but it dependes what parts of the project

9. Great. Could've bee[n better.

I worked at Embraer

Pros

Great Benefits. Great Name. Great Outlook.

Cons

Employee Growth. Middle Management. Employee Flexibility.

Advice to Management

Ensure that your employee is a on growth track.

OK, but with some minors.

I worked at Embraer

Pros

Superb products, high technology, many horizontal opportunities.

Cons

As you go higher in career, if you are not a "manager" you may be seen as an "expensive" person. Reorgs are constant and management are not professionals. Very poor communication. HR doesn't exists.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to employees. You are loosing future competitive capacity by loosing good people.

Executive Jet Division. Great product - horrible management.

I have been working at Embraer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits. Excellent product to work with..

Cons

No business strategy. Lead by consensus. The most political and bureaucratic organization I've been with or heard of. Archaic business processes, systems and methodologies.

Advice to Management

Control means nothing without positive business results.

RSS Feed </> Embed