Embree Construction

Jim Embree

Great Environment

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Georgetown, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Georgetown, TX

I have been working at Embree Construction full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Understanding of work life balance. Good benefits and lots of opportunity to grow if you are willing.

Cons

Not the best at informing new empoyees of how things need to be done

Family-Style Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX

I worked at Embree Construction

Pros

During my time at Embree, I got to know many wonderful people. They have managed to create a unique family-style environment of team members that makes working here better than most other companies. They take good care of the employees with breakfast taco Fridays and mid-week lunches provided for all employees. In the mornings, they provide fruit, cereal, and toast to everyone, and you can grab some fruit to snack on during your breaks. Everyone treated me well and caused me to enjoy waking up each morning to go into work.

Cons

I heard different directions from different higher-ups; it seemed as though they weren't on the same page. It would be nice if the leading staff communicated with one another about its goals and direction for company projects and ideas before sending employees in different directions.

Keep up the positive and motivating work environment, but enhance correspondence with other management leaders.

A great casual place to gain some valuable professional experience.

Former Employee - Data Coordinator in Georgetown, TX
    Former Employee - Data Coordinator in Georgetown, TX

I worked at Embree Construction as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Casual environment and lots of free food.

Cons

Communication between departments and managers/leaders could be improved.

Communicate with each other more often and more clearly.

The best Co. that I have ever worked foor

Former Employee - Superintendent in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Superintendent in Austin, TX

I worked at Embree Construction full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They give you the tools you need to do your job. They know that you have a family besides Embree Group.

Cons

Laying some one off between jobs with out warning . When I worked for Embree not beleiving
    what the super said about a problem and always beleiving what the project mgr. said was gospel .

Don't always think that you are right (BRING JIM BACK )

Very toxic environment to work in -

I worked at Embree Construction full-time

Pros

Breakfast and lunch is provided two days a week, the campus and buildings are very pretty

Cons

This company has many micro-managers around every corner and is a very negative company to work for, especially if you are a female. Women are not of value to this company and you are not rewarded for consistant and improved work performance. There are some employees who work late, come in on weekends and skip or take short lunches to get the jobs completed, however there is no overtime pay allowed. If you ask in advance for overtime hours, you are discouraged and asked why you cannot get the job done during regular business hours. You are not appreciated for working late to get the jobs done. But you are heavily reminded if you arrive 10 to 15 minutes late, no matter the reason. This company is very mismanaged, and there is a lot of "squabbling" among departments, which is never rectified.

I feel the owner -JE- should step up and take notice of just how and who is running his company and clean house, bring in up to date and non chauvenistic managers.

Micro-Management of the trivial; Complete disregard of the important

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX

I have been working at Embree Construction

Pros

Family-oriented atmosphere - they treat everyone great on the personal level.

Cons

Family-oriented atmosphere - too many actual family members and close friends work at the company. Poor performers are rarely let go, and too much perceived bias is present. Management team has been in place for over 25 years with no management experience outside of this company.

Bring in fresh blood at the highest management levels. Remove the conflicts of interest with family members, girl-friends, etc being direct reports of each other. Jim needs to either step completely out of running the company, or be directly involved on a daily basis. His current state of "stepping back" yet still being involved in key decisions has created an atmosphere where nobody wants to make an important decision.

Embree is a well organized entity, making my job much easier.

I have been working at Embree Construction

Pros

Organized, professional, well funded, and quality management.

Cons

They are spread out all over the US.