Emcien Reviews

Radhika Subramanian

1. Fun place to work

Current Employee - Customer Support in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emcien full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast moving and people are help accountable. If you really want to contribute, this is the place for you. Everyones's contribution is valued and evaluated - and you get honest feedback. I feel good with myself at the end of the day. I feel valued. During my course of working at Emcien, I have also learned to value others.

Cons

There is no place to hide. Everyone is held accountable. If you do not want to work or want to take advantage of the system - Emcien is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep the pressure on all business units to get their job done!

One of the worst places I've ever worked.

I worked at Emcien full-time

Pros

I believed the hype--that they were deveoping cutting edge Big Data solutions. I like small companies with big potential where I can contribute on multiple levels. Some of the people were really bright and nice.

Cons

The CEO seems to be a sociopathic lier. I have no other way to explain her behavior. She would like to prospects, clients, and employees alike. Furthermore, she was never satisfied with anything. Ever. So you end up doing the same things over and over and over again and never getting anywhere. It became demoralizing and debhilitating. Anf, if by chance, something good did happen, she would take all the credit. Miserable place to work if you care and really want to contribute. Hugely underpaid as well. No respect for people.

Advice to Management

Get a real CEO. Stop the lies.Value people and their contributions.

3. Fun work place, Emcien is leading the big data analytics sector!

I have been working at Emcien full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone cares about the company, the employees, the products and the customers! and it shows!!

Cons

Fast paced, be ready to contribute real value

Unique products/ authentic leadership, big future!

Pros

Your managers and executives care about you. They want you to be happy and comfortable, and provide a challenging and exciting environment where you are always learning while having a great time. You look forward to coming to the office and seeing your co-workers and leadership team. You constantly learn about many industries, and have the unique opportunity to see the products in action. It's great people selling great software. This is a very rare office environment that will make working anywhere else extremely difficult because nothing will compare.

Cons

Some days can get hectic because there is so much going on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in hiring talented people and encouraging them to grow constantly.

Challenging Work -- Exciting Future -- Great Relationships

Current Employee - Head of Engineering in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Head of Engineering in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emcien full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working in Engineering is extremely rewarding. The Engineers are given great autonomy on how to run our projects and manage our work because we have earned the trust of Management. We tackle problems I never thought I would approach in my career, but since we have brilliant, humble, hard working Engineers on staff, we are able to solve these difficult problems. As a technical person, I always have to question if my skills and exposure to relevant, new technologies is keeping pace with technology's progress. I do not want to become technically irrelevant because my company has settled on legacy technology. Emcien is a special place because we are keeping pace with the most innovative technologies, because frankly, we are leading the march in graph analytics and big data computation. Simply, Emcien is a special place for an Engineer or technical person. We collaborate well with Sales/Marketing and Services because everyone in the company is unified.

Cons

Companies come to us to solve some very complex problems. In Engineering we have to balance the cost-benefit of pursuing new challenges that walk through the door. Management does a great job a filtering these prospects so we do not have to needlessly context switch.

Advice to Management

Keep the pressure on all business units to execute. We have a great future, if we stay unified and focused, we will achieve great success.

Excellent culture and great employee support

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emcien full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am not on the engineering side, but we are getting a lot of help with CS and programming from our coworkers in engineering. As a relative beginner and a new employee it was great to get so much from Emcien so quickly.

Cons

It's in Vinings, which isn't terrible but also not incredibly convenient.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage positive employee interaction and mentoring!

Exciting products, positive environment, fun culture.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emcien full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership maintains a caring, motivational environment. Employees are valued, recognized, appreciated and encouraged to grow and learn. Co-workers are brilliant and intellectually driven, which makes for a fun culture.

Cons

Fast-paced environment can get stressful at times, especially in a growing industry, but the opportunity is more exciting than anything.

RSS Feed </> Embed