Emdeon Reviews

Reset
3.1
Emdeon President and CEO Neil de Crescenzo
Neil de Crescenzo

Pros
  • Very good benefits and employee amenities comparable to Red Cross or government benefits (in 11 reviews)

• Great people to work with every day; laid back attitude for the most part; travel benefits were always a plus until mandatory cuts were made (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for advancement here (in 4 reviews)

• A lot of deadwood upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Former Employee

Former Employee - HealthCare Representative/Patient Advocate in Ormond Beach, FL

I worked at Emdeon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reasons are the supervisors were so helpful and did want they needed to interact to get the job done. The work place has a work-friendly atmosphere. The managers were always available. The company is a great company to work for.

Cons

The only od to leave because my husband became disbaledne con I see is as an employee i on occasion had to put in extra hours on a case or two, it only depended on the case being worked on.

Advice to Management

Kepp doing what you are doing because it works. My manager and assistant manager could not had been as fair and competent as they were. I'm sure they still are. Their names are Misty Huldeson and Louis Mota in Daytona Beach. I was a Healthcare Rep and loved it. I needed to leave at the time because my husband became disabled and needed my care. i would give anything to come back and reprise my role there.

Emdeon Response

May 29, 2015 – On behalf of Emdeon

I am happy you had such a positive experience as part of the Chamberlin Edmonds team at Emdeon. We have recognized your supervisors, Misty and Luis, with Values in Action awards based on your ... More

2. Emdeon was good to me

Former Employee - Systems Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Systems Software Engineer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Emdeon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly people. Good work environment. Benefits average to above average for the area. My career advanced quite a bit during the 15 years I was there.

Cons

Morale was very low for a while when Emdeon outsourced much of its IT to Cognizant. But it did get better after that. The company seemed to reorganize about every 1.5 to 2 years. I suppose in the end, some of the reorganizations were helpful. Emdeon was a conglomeration of a lot of different companies that had originally be bought when the company was part of WebMD. A lot of the reorganizations were part of the slow process to get everyone on the same page instead of operating as seperate companies.

Disappointing experience there

Pros

The pay is good, and there are friendly people who seem to enjoy themselves there.

Cons

Despite my initial excitement about working there, it went downhill. Training was non existent, and I too got the eye roll and rude response when I asked questions. That seems to be a consistent complaint.

Good Company

Former Employee - Healthcare Representative in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Healthcare Representative in Louisville, KY

I worked at Emdeon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to move around in the compnay

Cons

Management doesn't train withing to promote within

Advice to Management

Train existing employees to grow with the company, promote within,

Good pay and benefits

Current Employee - Healthcare Representative
    Current Employee - Healthcare Representative

I have been working at Emdeon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits with paid time off (vacation and sick time) from day one. Emdeon corporate culture promotes, recognizes and rewards hard work.

Cons

Because my division (Chamberlin Edmonds) provides services as a 3rd party vendor job security depends on whether or not contracts are renewed. Few opportunities for growth outside Emdeon's Tennessee and Chamberlin Edmonds Atlanta headquarters.

Advice to Management

There are 2 different corporate cultures at Chamberlin Edmonds and its parent company Emdeon. Emdeon is much more positive in recognizing and rewarding hard work and achievements (sometimes multiple times per week) whereas Chamberlin Edmonds almost never recognizes successful employees but is quick to focus on negative outcomes.

7. Trying to get it right

I have been working at Emdeon full-time

Pros

Working to become more progressive

Cons

Management needs to stablilize after a lot of recent turnover

Business Analyst

Former Employee - Business Analyst II in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Business Analyst II in Nashville, TN

I worked at Emdeon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health insurance. Free coffee and tea. Great co-workers. Company was expanding. Community service was an option. Decent work/life balance most of the time.

Cons

No room for advancement. Promotion of friends. Many members of management have no education. Frequent layoffs. Low pay. Low bonuses. Low raises. Small cubicles with low walls.

Advice to Management

Why layoff, but then hire more people? Also, I wish you valued college education more. How can someone be a director and not have a college degree?

Miserable

Former Employee - Manager Operations in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Manager Operations in Tampa, FL

I worked at Emdeon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is the only reason to work at Emdeon

Cons

Upper management completely out of touch with their employees. They dont have a clue to what it takes to complete your job. No tools ir resources

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

10. Good Company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Twinsburg, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Twinsburg, OH

I have been working at Emdeon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've always gotten the impression that they cared about my well being. My manager was a good man and kind. I always found project that challenged me.

Cons

Sadly, the office where I work, is marked for eventual elimination. It seems that this is the way of things now.

Not Recommmeded

Former Employee - Leader in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Leader in Nashville, TN

I worked at Emdeon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Solid compensation and benefits -Lots of nice people in corporate and in the field who truly care about their work -Emdeon has tremendous presence in the market/industry, but they have major issues with product launch/implementation and support. No clear strategy for growth in their market.

Cons

Emdeon has poor product launch support and terrible service. The overall strategy is lacking, or it's not being communicated through the rank and file. The sales force is extremely tenured, but this creates many who are overpaid, resistant to change and work the system/underperform. Blackstone runs the show, and I would be very careful about aligning my career here. They swept the entire executive leadership team after sales performed well over plan for the year. Many extremely talented people have been scape-goated and are now excelling elsewhere. There is tremendous negativity and paranoia throughout... rightly so. Promotions are random, performance management is poor, development is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Results through fear and intimidation drive short term results. Remove the dead wood, inspect and double inspect sales activities. Treat people with dignity.

RSS Feed </> Embed