Emerald Financial Resources

Employment Status

Reset
4.4
Micheal Vesuvio

1. Growing company with a lot of opportunity!

I have been working at Emerald Financial Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation, Work Life Balance, Culture, Opportunities for Growth, Training, Leadership, Multiple locations to work from.

Cons

Interview Process was a little longer than I expected.

2. posistive

I worked at Emerald Financial Resources

Pros

great management
    give you the tools you need to succeed
    flexible hours

Cons

takes 3 to 5 years to establish a business that will be profitable enough to live one

Advice to Management

better training

3. Intern

Current Intern - Intern in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Intern - Intern in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Emerald Financial Resources as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Gained a lot of experience. What you learn here will set you up for the real world and is the best way to get a sense of what it is like to work in a real finance firm!

Cons

Hard work. Although well with it. Your first few weeks will be tough, but if you can't adjust to it, then this is not the right job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. No wonder it was rated one of the best companies to work for!

Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Emerald Financial Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Income potential: If you can sell, and sell well, you can make a very generous living
    - Staff: the staff at Emerald is very professional and effective in assisting the salesmen with anything they need
    - Environment: the office environment is friendly, healthy and competitive
    - Michael Vesuvio and Michael Trabucco are great leaders

Cons

- This business is difficult. In order to make tons of money one must be very dedicated to his or her job. This is not really a con, but to unmotivated people it may be.

Advice to Management

More complete hiring process to make sure only driven prospects are hired.

6. Great place to work and great opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Emerald Financial Resources (Less than a year)

Pros

Plain and simple, this company is an amazing opportunity to make a lot of money in a great work environment. The people are very friendly and all work together, you'll notice that even the salesmen who have more expirience will take the time to advise younger salesmen just to help them get the ball rolling.There is a lot of potential in this job to make money and to keep improving, and there is always the opportunity to do so.

Cons

It is hard work to make a lot of sales, but it is certainly a fair ratio of hard work to success.

Advice to Management

There is nothing I would change

7. You will get out of it what you put into it

Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Emerald Financial Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company definitely isnt for everyone. Unfortunately, many people think that getting into sales is an easy position. They love the positives, unlimited earing potential, making your own hours, and ultimately running your own business. But when people do not do the necessary things to become successful they blame everyone else. When I transitioned out of the stock brokerage business, Emerald Financial Resources promised me that they would educate me and teach me how to build a successful practice. I have been with Emerald for 3 years and can honestly say that they have followed through with it. It upsets me to see people speak negatively about Emerald when the reason they failed is because of themselves and nobody else. I highly recommend this firm to anyone who is motivated and is passionate about helping people grow and protect wealth. If you are looking for a "salary" then you should go look for employment somewhere else. Michael Vesuvio and Michael Trabucco have been honest and followed through with everything they promised and would not want to work for anybody else. Michael Vesuvio invests his time and money in his financial advisors and is always looking for ways to help us develop.

Cons

You will need to work harder then you ever have in your life in the beginning so you can build your practice. If you are not motivated, you will fail.

Advice to Management

I would recommend being pickier with who is hired so unmotivated and classless people cannot tarnish the Emerald name.

8. My career is what I make of it

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Bridgewater, NJ

Pros

Emerlad has a very supportive model backed by a strong company for those interested in becoming a Financial Services Professional.

Cons

It is a challenging career that isn't the right fit for everyone.

Advice to Management

I began with MassMutual at the Levin Financial Group in Tampa, FL in 2005 and continued with the company working for Emerald Financial Resources since 2009. I have been in a managment role in both organizations and have worked with many of our Financial Representatives introducing them to the career and then training them in areas to help them develop successful practices. In reading the reviews, I see those who are experiencing success and those who failed and/or quit the career. Most of the time if the management finds that the career is not a good fit for the associate, we will recommend that they find a more suitable career. In some instances, associates leave and place blame on us rather than looking at their shortcomings; this is a career that requires hard work, determination and lots of persistence. Those who state they were mislead in the selection process did not listen to the recruiters and managers and did not read the documentation that was given to them to sign during the recruiting process. It is very costly in fees and staff labor hours to recruit and on board new associates therefore it would be extremely counterproductive for us to lie to people to get them to join us when we know they would only quit. We have a rigorous hiring process and our documentation shows any and all fees that the associates may or may not incur, we tell them that they are starting a business for themselves with our support. Associates who begin on a Contract B have no office fees or E&O (practice liability insurance) expenses until they meet their sales goal to begin a Full Time Career Contract which can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 4 months. Once Full-Time, as long as they are on track with our Rising Leaders goals, the expenses are waived except for their E&O coverage and their subsidized health insurance benefits costs. Emerald Financial Resources is a reputable company that cares about and treats our associates fairly and does a lot of good work in our community through the products that we deliver to our clients and our charitable work. We hold many fun events per year that includes the attendance of associates family members which creates a great culture for our team. Its because of these things that we were recognized as one of NJ's Best Places to Work in 2011 and 2012.
    For those interested in looking at a career in the Financial Services Industry, please do not take value in the opinions of a couple of disgruntled ex associates. We have close to 100 associates, most of whom are extremely satisfied with the opportunity that Emerald offers them. We welcome you to speak with us and make determination for yourself.

9. Build a Career that you can own

I have been working at Emerald Financial Resources full-time

Pros

If you are looking for a career that you can have complete control over in a short few years this is it. Where else can you go and invest little to no money to get started and have a business that you can earn as much money as you want and have all the flexabilty that you and your family needs? Yes it is very hard in the begining but if you follow all of the systems that have been put in place and have been tested for over 25 years with success then you can't fail. You are an independent contractor with all of the support, training, coaching , benefits and guidence that one could possibly need or want.The managent team works night and day to help you succeed, they will talke money out of their pocket, time out of their days and nights away from their families week days or weekends to help you succeed. You cannot ask for more. If you have an entrepreneurial drive and are motivated to succeed and enjoy making an impact on other peoples lives, business or families then this is the right career for you.

Cons

This career is difficult to get started but what worth doing is not? It is like a train, it takes a lot of energy to get it up and running but once it is moving it cannot be stopped. You will need to go outside your comfort zone but once you have the systems down it becomes just part of your day.

Advice to Management

The management team should be tougher on its people in the begining to formulate better habbits in the agents from the get go.

10. Great Place to work if you want a Career!

Pros

great people
    friendly environment
    high level of professionalism
    strong training program
    compensation and benefits program is outstanding for the industry!

It's exciting to get up and go to an office where you enjoy working with the people around you. But also knowing that you always have the opportunity to learn more, grow professionally, grow financially and that your management always encourages that growth and is willing to help you.

Cons

not all representatives follow coaching and instructions... but they should, It works!

Advice to Management

Managers work hard to help their representatives, keep up the great work!

Horrible - Take advantage of college kids right out of school that can't find any other jobs.

Current Employee - Financial Services Professional
    Current Employee - Financial Services Professional

I have been working at Emerald Financial Resources

Pros

-All new agents and admin employees are very nice.
    -Lots of training
    -experience dealing with people
    -clients fully vested after 3 years if you can make it that far
    - MassMutual is a great company, but working for a different broker is probably a better choice

Cons

-Charge for training if you miss one
    -Charge for coffee
    -take advantage of new college graduates
    -reimbursement and commission delay
    -expensive benefits
    -small salary if you produce a certain amount of policies and hidden fees(using phone in office) that come out
    -put out a lot of money that takes a long time to get back
    -no sweat off their back if you leave because they already have your family and friends on their books as clients.
    - 9/10 people fail

Advice to Management

Give new employees a better salary and benefits to give motivation to a college kid that just got out of school and can't survive on all commission. And don't find ways to make extra pennies on your employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed