Emerald Resource Group

Emerald Resource Group President & CEO Mark Krusinski
Mark Krusinski

Strong training, Humble Leadership

I have been working at Emerald Resource Group full-time

Pros

Emerald offers in depth training, and continued mentor ship- the trainer and management have a wealth of knowledge and expertise. If you ever get stuck in a new situation their advice and availability for advice is a HUGE help!

Cons

High turn-over, possibly due from an unrealistic break point for 1st year recruiters- which could be a turn off for those not committed to the craft right away.

Advice to Management

Follow up on the things you say you will do.

A Great Place for Doers - Not for everyone

Current Employee - Recruiter in Broadview Heights, OH

Pros

Search is a tough gig - especially if you're just coming to work for a paycheck and are not focused on what it really means to be a search consultant as a long term career. I've been here for 3+ years and can confidently say that this is my profession until I retire and that I've learned it the right way: listen to your clients and candidates and do everything that you can to help them succeed in their organizational / personal goals. That's it folks. - Performance based autonomy (prove yourself and create the freedom to run your desk the way you see fit) - 1st rate training program - Run your own desk - Help professionals to identify and secure ideal career opportunities - Make decisions on what is best for your business - Earn a great living to support your family - Make your own schedule - Great office environment / friendly and supportive co-workers

Cons

Legacy ATS makes remote work a challenge - possible, but slower than ideal

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Continuous training makes all of the difference.

Information Technology Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Broadview Heights, OH

I have been working at Emerald Resource Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff, excellent owner, and wonderful structure. Thursday training days to increase efficiency complete with provided lunch. The technology and database of candidates is well compiled from years of search. You are trusted to be a business owner and there is flexibility provided you get your work done. Free access to the attached gym as well

Cons

Honestly, not many. Maybe more focused training very early on, but I'm nit-picking

Advice to Management

Again just the areas of focus for training when you first start

Shady, shady, shady. Gives all recruiters a bad name.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Broadview Heights, OH
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Broadview Heights, OH

Pros

I learned A LOT about how a business should not be run and how not to treat your employees. You can make lots of money if you lie like you are taught to.

Cons

Gives all recruiters a bad name. Owner is manipulative and will say anything to get you to do what he wants you to do.

Advice to Management

How can you look at yourself in the mirror every day?

Emerald Resource Group Response

Apr 1, 2015 – Recruiter

Please, if you've spent some time with us- we've invested training and trust in you. Please take your negativity elsewhere. We wish you the best.

My experience with Emerald Resource Group has been extremely poor, and upsetting

Pros

Easy interview and easy time getting the job.

Cons

The owner - Mark Krusinski - is just a sad, manipulative, selfish, cowardly man who doesn't even have the integrity to stand by the work his employees have done for him. If someone decides to move on to a better job or opportunity, Mark will make up lies about that person to tell him other employees and business contacts to save face. He intentionally ruins the reputation of good, honest, hardworking people in order to make sure that Mark can say he's successful. He's a bully. Not only does he have no integrity when it comes to his employee, he doesn't have an honest bone in his body. He lies outright to his employees, business contacts, and contractors. He will say whatever he needs to say in order to get that person in the door. You will need to work 24/7 and will be expected to make phone calls until your fingers bleed all while making sure you say whatever Mark has coached you to say in order to get someone to take a job they won't like just to get a commission. It's just disgusting that places like Emerald Resource Group are allowed to be in business and that he is able to work around the system and the law to keep his secrets hidden. People like him shouldn't be allowed to be in a business that can make or break someone's career and life. That type of work should be done by people who care more than just money. This place should be reported to the Better Business Bureau and Mark should be arrested or shut down. He takes away compensation, benefits and time off from employees to cover the costs of his own mistakes. Don't let this smooth talking Bully fool you. Run as far away as you can Let me also say that I can bet multiple positive reviews from current employees are posted soon after a negative review gets posted. Mark will have employees write positive reviews to up the rating on this site.

Advice to Management

Mark Krusinski needs to shut down and accept that he is not meant to run his own company. Or he needs to bring in someone who can ethically and responsibly run and interact with the company and it's employees and contacts.

Emerald Resource Group Response

Feb 25, 2015 – Recruiter

Whomever is writing this, I am so sorry it's led to this point of unleashing publicly. The team at Emerald is committed to the mission and vision of employment and can only hope you've found a ... More

7. Dedicated to Improvment

Current Employee - Recruiter in Broadview Heights, OH

Pros

We come together for lunch and training once a week, to sharpen our skills as recruiters. We do practice phone calls and interviews with each other, and talk out different scenarios. The team is dedicated to improvement. New changes for Emerald's website and social media are helping to show candidates and clients who we are and how we can help. In addition, the website offers accessible resources and tips.

Cons

Transition time for improving aspects of our work takes longer than we hope for, but is well worth it.

Low Pay

I worked at Emerald Resource Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn how to use the phone and to convince people they want something they don't, learn how to work twenty four / seven,

Cons

Low Pay, long hours, bad coworkers, no vacation time, no raises, unexperienced people, no praise, not very close to anything - out of the way

bad place

Pros

run your own deskk there

Cons

12 hours days no motivation bad ethics everyone gets fired or leaves fast

Positive

Current Employee - Consultant in Broadview Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Broadview Heights, OH

Pros

The large diversity of assignments.

Cons

The incidence of contradictory client feedback.

Advice to Management

None. Keep doing what you're doing. Emerald is an excellent place to work.

Technical

Pros

None. It did not have any opportunity for anything.

Cons

Illegal Practices, Manipulative, and horrible pay. Management didn't know the law and frequently didn't follow it. The policies for employees are a joke. I would never recommend working with Emerald Resource Group

Advice to Management

Learn the Law and learn to appreciate employees/consultants

RSS Feed </> Embed