Emerge Interactive (OR)

CEO

1. Recruiter

Former Employee - Recruiter in Hermosa Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Hermosa Beach, CA

I worked at Emerge Interactive (OR) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours that allow you to find your own rhythm. Chill bosses who provide fair compensation margins. Excellent early guidance and they won't hold you back when you are ready for account management.

Cons

It's a feast or famine gig within the video game industry which has transitioned to mobile gaming...not as easy to place people.

Advice to Management

Update the website and allow for CRM functionality. The traditional model is being upended and requires more work for less placement permanence...A hard sell.

2. Not a great place for people who want to grow

I worked at Emerge Interactive (OR) full-time

Pros

Management aside, my co-workers were awesome, fun, talented people a number of whom I still call friends. I was lucky enough to get to work with a few folks who, despite the unsupportive environment, taught me a lot about problem solving, passion, and how to deal with a difficult work place.

Cons

Emerge is a business attempting to stay afloat and thus operates for the bottom line. Quality is not of importance nor is the improvement of employee skill. This relatively small company has super-high turnover. There is literally ALWAYS someone quitting. The business just isn't run well. Its about doing quick, cheap work. The business end is sloppy and flippant, prioritizing client lunches over polished pitch documents or proper management of project parameters. The project management team is understaffed an pressed between unhappy in-house folks and insane clients. They work under the direction to please the client at all costs, making this a horrible situation for everyone that results in long hours, blown budgets, and ultimately, poor work. In my time at Emerge I was repeatedly encouraged to cut corners even in the face of creating work that would not meet client needs. I was involved in sugarcoating the environmental records of large clients. I was continuously interrupted by infighting between adversarial personalities made much worse by management, who failed on every account to take responsibility for their employees or their work. The CEO is more interested in promoting the tech buzzword of the day than committing to and perfecting a digital niche.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your business as a piggy bank. Stop treating your employees as if they are privileged to work with you. Employment is a two way street and you must give support and encouragement to your employees. Stop ignoring complaints of employees when they bring workplace violations to you. No one should have to deal with bigotry in their work environment. Stop getting in the way of the people you hire. Real leaders seek out people who are great at what they do and then support them. Real leaders know what they do not do well.

Emerge Interactive (OR) Response

May 26, 2015

If you've read this far I thank you for your interest in learning more about Emerge. Glassdoor is a great website that fosters transparency in the workplace--a tenet that we believe is core to ... More

Fantastic team culture, respectful leadership

I have been working at Emerge Interactive (OR) full-time

Pros

Management very accessible, challenging and fulfilling work, team events throughout the year. The business is growing, so there are opportunities for personal growth. Emerge is trying to build a client base with excellent corporate responsibility records, and looks to do projects for the better good.

Cons

Smaller business, so can't compete with the large guys on all benefits. Company is changing client focus to Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility projects, so adaptability is a key attribute that employees need to be successful. Utilization requirements can cause shifting between projects.

5. Excellent team culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Emerge Interactive (OR) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and culture of supporting and trusting each other. From top-level down, trust and openness across the org is encouraged. The structure is fairly flat, with lots of access to senior management. I have never worked in an environment before Emerge where it is actually fun to come to work. There is plenty of work to do, and enough people to do it. Ownership of projects is encouraged all the way down to the lowest level employee. It's not just talk when they say: anyone can make a difference. Pay is tied to performance, and everyone shares in a bonus structure which is tied to net profit. Higher than average industry benefits.

Cons

Sometimes there are tight deadlines, and longer office hours are necessary.

6. Emerge is a relaxed organization that sees no contradiction between a casual atmosphere and 100% focus.

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Emerge Interactive (OR) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open, collaborative atmosphere Supportive environment, both personally & professional Constantly rewards & recognizes employees Competitive compensation Respects work/life balance

Cons

I can't think of any at this time

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees and build the Emerge culture. Keep up the good work. I love this place!

7. Great place to work!

I have been working at Emerge Interactive (OR) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and leadership. Everyone works hard and plays hard.

Cons

Like any other agency, we have tight deadlines that can be very intense.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

RSS Feed </> Embed