Emerge Reviews

1. Operations Analyst

Current Employee - OperationsAnalyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - OperationsAnalyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Emerge

Pros

Great company to work for. Lots of opportunities and fun work environment

Cons

None that I know of

Advice to Management

None

Leadership Engagment

Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Emerge

Pros

Emerge does a fantastic keeping their finger on the pulse of the people. They are always looking for ways to keep people involved and recognize achievements. The management team are always approachable and quick to address outstanding issues. Emerge is a great place to work and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a positive environment.

Cons

Because we are housed at the client site we are viewed as contractors and we are not eligible for the same things as employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Really appreciate all that you do.

Inspiration & Challenge (Not Mutually Exclusive)

I have been working at Emerge full-time

Pros

Working for Emerge has many benefits, has been a generally positive experience for me, and is something I look forward to continuing. I could spend a goodly amount of time dissecting the experience but my true motivation for writing this review, honestly, is to provide another viewpoint as opposed to the one expressed in this forum under the title "Changes Monthly." While that review was articulate and discussed some of the challenges we all face, I found the ad hominem attacks on CEO Leo Linder to be at best misdirected and at worst wholly false and in no way representative of my experience with the CEO. From my perspective Leo has consistently - no, invariably made decisions with the best interest of his employees in mind. He's generous with his time and his company's resources, I've always found him to keep his word, and I believe that he genuinely cares about his employees' quality of life.

Cons

The fluctuating nature of a working in a very young, rapidly growing company will invariably come with more transition and uncertainty than most employees are comfortable with - there's no doubt about that. For me, the pros of working for a company who's CEO my significant other said "Is like a saint compared to my [large, Fortune 500] CEO. You're lucky." outweigh the cons.

5. Changes Monthly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Emerge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is paid to work here.

Cons

To be certain, any glowing, overly positive reviews of this fly-by-night, mickey-mouse operation are posted by members of the “leadership” team housed in Rochester, New York as an attempt to counteract the realistic reviews posted by employees who live under the harsh, apathetic, unqualified, feckless rule of said “leadership.” In their infinite wisdom and true understanding and sense of fairness and employee appreciation, they began their gratuitous and never ending charade of lab rat like experiments by presenting sales goals for the year in July, despite work beginning in December of the previous year. So yes, you read that correctly, sales people had no idea what their goals were or how to earn a commission until half way through the year. But, not to worry, in order to remedy this unjust folly by management, they made the goals retroactive to December (that’s heavy sarcasm), resulting in lower commissions for not only quarters of performance already worked, but also for future quarters as well. To add a little more salt in the wound, they proposed a true-up commission plan where sales people could potentially owe money back if, management somehow deemed they had paid out too much to a salesperson in any given quarter. And yes, decided is the right language there, as they admitted to sales payouts being totally arbitrary and not tied to any actual sales plan. At no time has management ever been able to present an explainable, math-based explanation as to a commission payout, choosing instead to present quarterly payouts on a post-it note in the hallway. The role of the job changed more often the phases of the moon, from waxing crescent to humiliating job at the drop of a dime. As if the all the role and responsibility blunders aren’t enough, try doing anything HR related whatsoever. They can find a way to mess up even something as simple as a direct deposit. The CEO himself is a perfect embodiment of the organization. Leo Linder, surely a pseudonym - most likely due to a sordid criminal history - is an outright heartless, gutless liar. A more apt moniker would have been Sal Swindler. He will routinely lie to your face. Here’s a direct quote, “This new opportunity is a side of goodness, wrapped in awesome.” Nevermind the obvious unsophisticated syntax used, displaying how unrefined he is as an alleged CEO, it was one of his most memorable lies. Literally days after delivering this cheesy line, five people were fired due to a “reorganization.” I guess their side was a little more unemployment than awesome. Further, Leo Swindler routinely lies about his role in the organization to avoid answering any pressing questions. He attempts to present himself as some mid-level manager and claims business decisions are not under his purview in order to deflect answering tough questions about laying people off, providing set goals, establishing business practices, etc. I could go on for pages and pages providing examples of how pathetic this mickey mouse company is – M I C, see you in court…K E Y, why? because we have no idea what we’re doing and the only thing that outweighs our inability is how much we don’t care. This is a great opportunity for someone if you’re a career politician who lacks any real sales ability, you’ve worked in retail at the mall in your adult life, or perhaps you’re looking for material to write a modern day Office Space, otherwise do yourself, friends, family, and anyone you regularly interact with a favor and find another opportunity.

Advice to Management

Do the world a favor, dissolve.

Jun 17, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your views. It certainly gave me pause as I want everyone to truly grow and enjoy their time in our organization. Although reading your account was difficult, I would like to ... More

6. True entrepreneurial spirit - the sky

I have been working at Emerge

Pros

A group of problem solvers, very nimble and agile. There is no challenge too great, and they are all met with creativity and positivity. I love working in an environment where things are constantly changing and evolving, and Emerge keeps me engaged and ready for what's next.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep the energy going!

May 5, 2015 – CEO

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am very happy that we are giving you the tools and environment necessary to excel and enjoy your work. Your comments are inspiring! Keep in mind that ... More

7. Residential Counselor

I worked at Emerge

Pros

Lots of overtime if you want it

Cons

Missing or removal of hours from you pay check. BAD MANAGEMENT.

Advice to Management

Get a real education, a degree, hire the right people for the job.

May 5, 2015 – CEO

Thank you very much for your post. As an organization we thrive on feedback and value everyone's perspective. We are eager to learn more about where we may have gone wrong. The company and ... More

A Group of Visionaries

Current Employee - Marketing and Public Relations Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing and Public Relations Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Emerge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

These are a unique group of individuals who work collaboratively regardless of what role they play within the company. From the interview process, to onboarding, and becoming acclimated with my new position I was treated with respect and welcomed as if I had been here for years. This job has been a breath of fresh air, and I look forward to moving mountains with my colleagues. This is like a home away from home, and it really doesn't get much better than that.

Cons

I haven't had any negative experiences here.

Advice to Management

The collaborative atmosphere is what makes this such a great company. The amount of work everybody is able to get done is a direct reflection of this business' rock solid culture. There is so much power in the positivity.

Started out as a great opportunity, but Emerge not fulfilling promises made, nor are we given our goals before payout

I have been working at Emerge full-time

Pros

They were allowing freedom to do our job & no micromanaging. In the original offer made wonderful promises of commissions. Treated us very well when we first started, told us how great we were doing & how successful our teams were.

Cons

With the current management in the Phoenix office at American Express they have made it more like a call center. They are implementing micromanaging techniques that remove the ability to do your job the way it should be done & reducing morale & enjoyment of the job. They are not forthcoming about where you are at & what your numbers are. You are basically given an invisible target & told if you hit it or not about 2 months AFTER the quarter ends. Or you are not given a goal at all & then told whether or not you hit the "goal" when it comes time to pay you. This started out as a great company & great opportunity, now I am not so sure.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to the calls of the sales reps that you think are doing so well. People are marking calls incorrectly & being rewarded for it. This was a great atmosphere & you are destroying a good thing by bringing over matrixes from another company that did not work or there wouldn't be so many employees jumping ship & coming over to Emerge.

May 5, 2015 – CEO

Thank you very much for your post. It sounds like you have some fantastic suggestions and I would welcome a one to one conversation together. I am personally committed to receiving feedback ... More

Sales Pitch during hiring doesn't match the job

I worked at Emerge

Pros

I was a job and there was some money exchanged.

Cons

Management doesn't stand behind their word. They lead you to believe that you're getting a completely different experience than you actually have at Emerge. Linder talks a lot, but when it comes time for execution, there's little punch. As the earlier post mentions, this company adds no value to any product or service it touches, so there's no reason for it to exist. If anything, this is a value hole.

Advice to Management

You should sell cars.

May 5, 2015 – CEO

Thank you very much for your post. It sounds like your time with us did not match-up with your expectations. I would love to hear how we could do a better job at that. We are completely ... More

Work Your Life Away for Zero Compensation

Former Employee - Technical Lead in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Lead in Rochester, NY

I worked at Emerge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't think it's possible to list any pros of working with Emerge. I did learn a bit while I was there, but it was from my own research on my own time, not from training, and often was to correct problems with the company's own practices.

Cons

No training, no assistance, no teamwork, no communication, management is a complete nightmare, employees constantly competing, no recognition for hard work, no compensation for hard work or overtime, no vacation, worthless benefits, no room for advancement, constant pressure, zero encouragement, zero company culture. Working with Emerge as an employee, partner, or client is guaranteed to stifle your life and ruin your business.

Advice to Management

Please just close the company. Just stop. You're not adding any value to anything. You are preventing good, hard-working people from succeeding and advancing.

May 5, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to articulate your feelings. It sounds like we were not able to give you the environment or support necessary for you to do your best work. It is always our goal ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed