Emergency Medical Associates Reviews

3.9
Raymond Iannaccone

1. Clinical Information Manager

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates full-time

Pros

Pay is much better than the other companies that hire medical scribes. They have a in depth screening process and require a background in basic medical terminology, a fast typing speed, and the ability to take notes and listen at the same time.

Cons

Their interview process is very lengthy and takes multiple weeks and starts off with a phone interview, then an in person interview in New Jersey, and then you have to wait another 1-2 weeks to hear back.

2. Clinical Information Manager

Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager in Albany, NY

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great learning experience: medical terminology, diagnostics, procedures (ideal for pre-med/pre-PA); working side by side with excellent ER physicians; flexible schedule

Cons

shift work--difficult to have a "normal" life; majority of shift spent at a computer; not ideal for long term position

3. CIM

I worked at Emergency Medical Associates

Pros

You get great medical experience and it looks great on your resume. You get to meet many nurses, doctors, and emergency medical technicians.

Cons

The hours were kind of tough with some 12 hour and 24 hour shifts sometimes. The pay is pretty good compared to other scribe companies.

Advice to Management

I think they are doing a good job. They are offering opportunities for the many pre-medical students there are nowadays.

5. Multi-faceted

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates full-time

Pros

Excellent working environment. Opportunity to contribute

Cons

Recently acquired by a national organization- A lot of loose ends no real direction being communicate, just general information

6. Great place to work.

Former Employee - Clinical Information Manager in Lumberton, NC
    Former Employee - Clinical Information Manager in Lumberton, NC

I worked at Emergency Medical Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management was nice and easy to get along with. I was always able to work when I wanted and get time off when I needed.

Cons

Can't think of any, I loved my job as a CIM (medical scribe)

7. Fulfilling work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are generally very nice to work with and willing to answer your questions. Benefits are decent and there are opportunities to grow and develop.

Cons

The physicians believe they are superior to others in the company. This may change a bit now that the company was acquired by EmCare and the physicians are no longer partners. Decisions and approvals can take an extraordinarily long time. Many people have been with the company for a very long time, so suggestions for performing tasks differently can take a while to get buy in for.

Advice to Management

Embrace change and continue to be open with employees on the vision and future of the company. With the company's acquisition this is increasingly important.

8. Clinical Information Manager

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates

Pros

Great experience for those looking to go into medicine as a career.

Cons

Pay is sub-par considering all employees must possess a bachelors degree.

9. Been here 3 years

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates

Pros

Decent benefits, flexible with time off

Cons

not much room for growth

A filler job while you wait for the next big thing

Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is decent, compared to other similar companies. They also offer a 401k and benefits to full-time employees, and you only need 30 hours to be considered full-time. The shifts can be long - up to 12 hours - but that means you only work 3 days a week, making it fairly easy to take classes or work a 2nd job.

Cons

It's a great job for those that want to become healthcare professionals - doctors, PAs, nurses, etc. If those are not your interests though, it's a filler job. The company promotes the ability to climb the ranks, but while there many CIMs throughout the company, there are only 3 regional managers and 1-2 trainers. No information is shared about how to transition to other areas within the company.

Advice to Management

Provide support for CIMs to gain job skills so they can transition out of the CIM position and work their way up in the company. Management recognizes that the CIM job is temporary for a lot of employees, but others get stuck in the position and there's no support to get out of it.

11. Outstanding company, Absolutely the BEST

Current Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner in Ranson, WV
    Current Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner in Ranson, WV

Pros

The camaraderie, perks, benefits, time off policy, teamwork, diversity, and the willingness to work together. Most of all I appreciate that the work environment is one that is conducive to learning and success. This is definitely an outstanding and proactive company.

Cons

I don't have any cons

Advice to Management

Please consider paying employees for orientation, credentialing and scheduling improvements.

RSS Feed </> Embed